MX2 arrived today (geek buying highly reccomended))

MRAB

MX2 arrived today (geek buying highly reccomended))

Postby MRAB » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 am

My mx 2 arrived today to the UK, very quick delivery from geekbuying. I will post back today with a review, I am looking to get decent type n wifi.

SuhiJr

Re: MX2 arrived today (geek buying highly reccomended))

Postby SuhiJr » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:01 am

when you make an order on geekbuying?

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

yasi9898

Postby yasi9898 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:22 am

cool, waiting for your review, since i bought one (but not from geekbuying, sorry) but for a lower price (52 usd)

MRAB

Postby MRAB » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 am

The order was sent out on 23/11/2012 so its only took a week which is excellent for the time of year.
I havn't seen any benefits at the moment apart from bluetooth,

I was hoping for a good wifi n connection but can only get 54 mbps at the best so no real benefit over the mk808 at the mo.
It doesn't have true 1080p output either. When its running on a low signal the internet is very poor just like the mk808.

I would like to open it up and modify the antenna but it looks like the case is bonded around the electronics so may not be easy to modify.

MRAB

Postby MRAB » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:06 pm

After only 1 day there appears to be a problem with the hdmi out as I keep loosing signal, I keep having to unplug the hdmi then plug it back in. maybe there is a bad connection on the board. I have 4 tvs and got the same problem on all 4 sets. The ps3 controller works if plugged in via usb but don't yet know how to get it to work via bluetooth. Looking closer it looks like you could remove the case if neccesary to mod the antenna. Not tried to do this as think it needs returning because of the hdmi out problem.

MRAB

Postby MRAB » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am

I believe my hdmi problems occur when the device gets hot as stopping it and letting it cool down it works again straight away.
The device has a 2amp power supply but none of the usb ports will run a portable external hard drive unlike the mk808 which does if using a 2a power supply.
Looks like you will need a powered usb hub to run external harddrives.

hidefguy

Postby hidefguy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 am

MRAB wrote:I believe my hdmi problems occur when the device gets hot as stopping it and letting it cool down it works again straight away.
The device has a 2amp power supply but none of the usb ports will run a portable external hard drive unlike the mk808 which does if using a 2a power supply.
Looks like you will need a powered usb hub to run external harddrives.

Gulp; that doesn't sound good, I have one of these on the way. I wonder if the overheating is because of the new plastic cover? I thought it has vents in it...

phreon

Postby phreon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I just received my MX2 on Christmas eve. It only took 9 days from order to arrival in US. I am typing this on the MX.

First impressions after a coup[le hours messing around:
It works great, flawless browser, video player, mp3 player, streams video perfectly, wireless keyboard and mouse work great.
On my TV it works well, 720P for now.
Works great with my Motorola lapdock too, though the touchpad and keyboard so not work as a normal keyboard, need to figure out settings.
Loaded a number of different file types om a USB drive and it can hadle everything except for WMA so far.

Everything works butter smooth with no crashed as yet. Everything I connect seems to work.

I am about to connect a usb webcam and see if i can Skyp. I have a WD 1TB drive i will try as well .

Great purchase.

PMMIKE

Postby PMMIKE » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 am

phreon wrote:I just received my MX2 on Christmas eve. It only took 9 days from order to arrival in US. I am typing this on the MX.

First impressions after a coup[le hours messing around:
It works great, flawless browser, video player, mp3 player, streams video perfectly, wireless keyboard and mouse work great.
On my TV it works well, 720P for now.
Works great with my Motorola lapdock too, though the touchpad and keyboard so not work as a normal keyboard, need to figure out settings.
Loaded a number of different file types om a USB drive and it can hadle everything except for WMA so far.

Everything works butter smooth with no crashed as yet. Everything I connect seems to work.

I am about to connect a usb webcam and see if i can Skyp. I have a WD 1TB drive i will try as well .

Great purchase.

you need a OTG cable for keyboard and pad http://lapdockmod.blogspot.com/

Return to “MX2”