Simple Android PC

General Discussion of Android TV Products
littlejohn

Simple Android PC

Postby littlejohn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I own a internet cafe in the Philippines. I have been looking for an inexpensive android PC to use in our cafe for some time. The most promising I have seen are the RK3066 chip TV boxes recently however I haven't found one with a VGA connection and many don't have decent software from what I have seen. I am certainly interested in something along those lines even better computers if not much more expensive.

What I want:
dual core 1.5GZ+
VGA connection or an included adapter that works well and is cheap. I cant afford to spend as much on adapters as the thing costs.
Ethernet port
3+ USB ports
headphone port
Decent software support!!! internet surfing, Skype, word compatible doc., and some games ect.

Has to be under $100 preferably $50.

If anyone is looking for design ideas consider something that attaches to the back of a monitor (or wall) that has internal connections to prevent theft of external devices (small hole just for the cord) and can be locked with a small padlock. A small vent fan would be useful as well.

Any suggestions for a system???

The next problem is how do you manage it in a cafe? I am unaware of any internet cafe software to manage Android PCs in a net-cafe. Coin operated boxes that turn the power on are a possibility if the computer can be automatically booted to a icon desktop quickly (that is what I'm looking to experiment with now). But they cost money so would prefer a ticket based server system. Are their any Android compatible cafe server systems I have missed?

Shor1962

Re: Simple Android PC

Postby Shor1962 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:57 am

Yes it is good and simple android PC

theandroidbox

Postby theandroidbox » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Maybe you could buy an android box that is already fully loaded from amazon or any other retailer for that matter. Then look on amazon or walmart for a vga to hdmi adaptor, plug the hdmi end into the android box then the vga end into the external monitor of your choice. Just an idea or a work around instead trying to find one with a vga port!

Shayne

Postby Shayne » Sat May 13, 2017 5:00 am

Android on the pc?
For the Hydromax click here now!

Return to “General”