Flash question

joker

Flash question

Postby joker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:28 pm

If the G4 comes with flash 11.1, why can't you watch movies on Amazon? A pop up always comes up saying you need flash to play the movie and your device doesn't support it.
Thanks

jackbenimble

Re: Flash question

Postby jackbenimble » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 pm

joker wrote:If the G4 comes with flash 11.1, why can't you watch movies on Amazon? A pop up always comes up saying you need flash to play the movie and your device doesn't support it.
Thanks

I think the G4 comes with more than one web browser. I think I read somewhere that Chrome does not support Flash and that the stock browser does support Flash. But maybe that only applies to androids running Jelly Bean.

Does that help?

jackbenimble

Postby jackbenimble » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 pm

jackbenimble wrote:
joker wrote:If the G4 comes with flash 11.1, why can't you watch movies on Amazon? A pop up always comes up saying you need flash to play the movie and your device doesn't support it.
Thanks

I think the G4 comes with more than one web browser. I think I read somewhere that Chrome does not support Flash and that the stock browser does support Flash. But maybe that only applies to androids running Jelly Bean.

Does that help?

Well .... almost everything I said was wrong. I got my G4 yesterday and it only has one browser.

But for me Flash is working fine. I have no trouble watching Amazon Prime movies using the web browser.

joker

Postby joker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

jackbenimble wrote:
jackbenimble wrote:
Thanks

Does that help?

Well .... almost everything I said was wrong. I got my G4 yesterday and it only has one browser.

But for me Flash is working fine. I have no trouble watching Amazon Prime movies using the web browser.

Hi jackbenimble. After reading your post, I tried again, this time using the stock browser & had no problem, so, you were correct about Chrome not supporting flash. thanks.

Return to “Firmware”