Power Management for MX1

netghoster

Power Management for MX1

Postby netghoster » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Do I have to unplug the power cord when I am not using the device? I am current using USB port on my LG TV to power the device. It will be on and off whenever I turn the TV on and off. Currently I just leave it on when I watch TV or switch to other HDMI port. I feel it is bad to turn it on and off frequently and leave it on for long time when I am not using it. The power plug on the device seems not very solid. I guess keeping plug and unplug the power cord is not good either. Not sure what is the right thing to do.

I am curious what you guys are doing to manage the power of the device.

Thanks,

Scorpi

Re: Power Management for MX1

Postby Scorpi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 am

I think best would be use own power cord. Power cord is apply to give more current(2A) than you lcd.
This may prevent any issues when MX1 is under heavy load.

I think that it doesn't matter how often you power on/off MX1. how often do you power on/off device? Few times in day doesn't matter.

cyber_human

Postby cyber_human » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 pm

I have connected MX1 to Pioneer PDP-LX 5090H.
At first I tried USB port on the plasma, but when I run Angry Birds Star Wars, MX1 just turned off - so too little power on Pioneer's USB. Since I connected original power adaptor (2A), no problems since.
All my around TV devices are connected to Philips 10 sockets AC filter, where I do have power button. When I do not watch TV, I switch that off, which means automatically I switch off MX1.
Shall I first power it off by software or I can just cut the power off by main AC button on the filter? - MX1 will be just cutted of from the power in whatever state/action.
I'm not sure if it is healthy for the software (rather OK for hardware, right?).
Last edited by cyber_human on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lifeisfun

Postby lifeisfun » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Why would you power it down, tablets and cell phones are on 24/7

cyber_human

Postby cyber_human » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:39 am

Yes, but you load them just for few hours per day - MX1 is on power 24/7, but used much less - no need to waste energy...

lifeisfun

Postby lifeisfun » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm

My mx1 when not in use is cold, same as tablet or phone in stand by (screen off)
The CPU will clock down.
There is no free energy, you charge battery in those devices as well and you're loosing
energy efficiency while charging.

Return to “Firmware”