Alternative Flash Method

SpEnTBoY

Alternative Flash Method

Postby SpEnTBoY » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 am

I'm not sure if it's already up here somewhere, but I used the mk808 flash method for putting an image on. Basically I already had the drivers installed on my Win partition from the mk808 so I used the "hold down the reset button, plug in the OTG port, pause, release the button" and boom, the batch tool recognized the device and I flashed deadhp1's last rooted ROM (from the 19th). Although I did see the one from the 22nd so I have to check with him to see if that rom is rooted as well lol

Either way I did this all with no connection to a TV so it was easier for me *shrug*

qsecofr

Re: Alternative Flash Method

Postby qsecofr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 am

SpEnTBoY wrote:I'm not sure if it's already up here somewhere, but I used the mk808 flash method for putting an image on. Basically I already had the drivers installed on my Win partition from the mk808 so I used the "hold down the reset button, plug in the OTG port, pause, release the button" and boom, the batch tool recognized the device and I flashed deadhp1's last rooted ROM (from the 19th). Although I did see the one from the 22nd so I have to check with him to see if that rom is rooted as well lol

Either way I did this all with no connection to a TV so it was easier for me *shrug*

What button are you refering to?
Is there a button on the MX1?

SpEnTBoY

Postby SpEnTBoY » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 am

qsecofr wrote:
SpEnTBoY wrote:I'm not sure if it's already up here somewhere, but I used the mk808 flash method for putting an image on. Basically I already had the drivers installed on my Win partition from the mk808 so I used the "hold down the reset button, plug in the OTG port, pause, release the button" and boom, the batch tool recognized the device and I flashed deadhp1's last rooted ROM (from the 19th). Although I did see the one from the 22nd so I have to check with him to see if that rom is rooted as well lol

you bet ... it's on the top by the HDMI connector. There's a white "R" on the casing

qsecofr

Postby qsecofr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am

SpEnTBoY wrote:
qsecofr wrote:

you bet ... it's on the top by the HDMI connector. There's a white "R" on the casing

How could i have missed that!?
I know there is a picture in the manual of it but i thought that was mixed up by the blue light and there was no button on the MX1.

I have to look at this when i get home.

Thanks.

qsecofr

Postby qsecofr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:57 pm

No white 'R' on my device, but there is a tiny hole there.
Guess there is a button inside that you can press with a paper clip or something like that.

SpEnTBoY

Postby SpEnTBoY » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am

Weird ... maybe they just started screening the 'R' on recently ... I just bought 3 of them and got them days ago but they all have it on there although it doesn't show up great on silver :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ozadam

Postby ozadam » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 am

Wow news to me.. I just looked and yep it is there and I will try flashing this way thanks

Wasowski

Postby Wasowski » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm

I dont what you are talking about. I just plug the iMito in my computer and click "reboot to flash mode" in the utility and then proceed with the next steps.

No need of a TV or a paperclip.

Return to “Firmware”