SKYPE Crashing on 4.0

Forum for the Minix Neo G4 android tv stick
compyy

SKYPE Crashing on 4.0

Postby compyy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to test Skype (3.0.0.6181) with Neo-G4 old firmware but its crashing.

Is skype working for any one ?

any workaround ?

jackbenimble

Re: SKYPE Crashing on 4.0

Postby jackbenimble » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

I did not have any problem with Skype crashing but I could not get it to work either. I do not have a video cam so I did not do any video testing. The problem might have to do with my Measy RC13 Flymouse remote with built in speaker and Mic. Or it might be my non-powered USB hub although I doubt it. Or it might be the combination of the NEO G4 and Skype.

I went into the sound settings and set the RC13 up as both the speaker and the audio input device (mic). I confirmed that the microphone was working by doing a few Google Voice Searches which were successful.

I started Skype, and successfully signed on and it did not crash. When I attempted making a call to the Echo service it worked very poorly. The voice jumped back and forth between my TV speakers and the speaker in my RC13 remote. About 1/2 the time it cut-out completely. And when it asked me to speak into the Mic it apparently never heard me because nothing ever echo'd back to me.

In the Android settings I changed the output speaker to the TV. The Skype echo call still jumped back and forth between the TV and the RC13 speaker. The mic still did not work. I rebooted and repeated a couple of times with the same results.

Fortunately I am not interested in using Skype of this device. I have my phone and my laptop where Skype works fine. But it is too bad it does not seem to work. Maybe it will be better after the upgrade to Jelly Bean.

tibox

Postby tibox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Damned ! i would to order minix G4 or X5 mainly for skype on tv ( like Logitech TV Cam HD, TelyHD or igogotv) :cry:

jackbenimble

Postby jackbenimble » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm

tibox wrote:Damned ! i would to order minix G4 or X5 mainly for skype on tv ( like Logitech TV Cam HD, TelyHD or igogotv) :cry:

I only ordered the G4 because the UHOST2 was not yet shipping. Maybe you should wait for that one. It has a little better specs and maybe it will work better with Skype.

kenofstephen

Postby kenofstephen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 am

tibox wrote:Damned ! i would to order minix G4 or X5 mainly for skype on tv ( like Logitech TV Cam HD, TelyHD or igogotv) :cry:

both G4 and X5 working fine with latest version of Skype on Play Store, tested with Logitech C110 web camera.
X5 the image looks better than G4, don't know why but both work.

tibox

Postby tibox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 am

with android 4.0.X or with the new update 4.1 ?
( video & mic ?)

****EDiT****
Ok i've just see you other post
viewtopic.php?p=4943#p4943

Return to “Neo G4”