MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Forum for the Minix Neo G4 android tv stick
jackbenimble
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby jackbenimble » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I see in the specs that the NEO G4 has a built-in IR receiver and comes with a remote control.

What functions can you do with the remote? Can you turn the unit on and off? Can you control the mini-PC in the same manner that you would with a fly mouse?

funnyboy027
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby funnyboy027 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:56 am

I have a friend travel in China now, how can I ask him to buy the X5 from you, thank you

User avatar
geekbuying
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am
Contact:

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 am

jackbenimble wrote:I see in the specs that the NEO G4 has a built-in IR receiver and comes with a remote control.

What functions can you do with the remote? Can you turn the unit on and off? Can you control the mini-PC in the same manner that you would with a fly mouse?


You can power on and off the screen with the IR remote, but the remote don't have GYRO, and don't have keyboard built in.
Last edited by geekbuying on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DickPurple
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:21 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby DickPurple » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 am

geekbuying wrote:
jackbenimble wrote:I see in the specs that the NEO G4 has a built-in IR receiver and comes with a remote control.

What functions can you do with the remote? Can you turn the unit on and off? Can you control the mini-PC in the same manner that you would with a fly mouse?


You can power on and off the device with the IR remote, but the remote don't have GYRO, and don't have keyboard built in.


Can you check if the power button works with X5 and T2 remote control?

captnemo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby captnemo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:53 am

Looking to buy the MINIX NEO X5, but I have some questions.
Does hot, I do not see why having ventilation?
Supports the Greek language and how many days are coming to my country?
You see fulL HD movies via last mile ethernet from pc, will transfer to problems?
Are there problems at the customs and want extra money?
Thanks.

jackbenimble
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby jackbenimble » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 am

geekbuying wrote:
jackbenimble wrote:I see in the specs that the NEO G4 has a built-in IR receiver and comes with a remote control.

What functions can you do with the remote? Can you turn the unit on and off? Can you control the mini-PC in the same manner that you would with a fly mouse?


You can power on and off the device with the IR remote, but the remote don't have GYRO, and don't have keyboard built in.


Great, thanks for that! I'm sure my current universal learning IR remote that controls all my other A/V equipment will be able to learn whatever buttons the NEO G4 provides and it will be a big plus just having the ability to power up or power down the entire system with a keystroke.

Does the remote have enough buttons to do a fairly simple series of tasks such as: Power On, open Netflix App, choose and play a movie from the instant queue, close the app, turn off power. If it could do that, my wife would be thrilled because unlike me, she is not a geek. It would be great if you could test that for me.

If you can't test it don't worry about it because based on all the positive reviews, I orded a G4 and a Measy RC13 from GeekBuying yesterday evening and now I can't wait for them to come so I can test for myself.

jackbenimble
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby jackbenimble » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:32 pm

I know the NEO G4 does not have built in Bluetooth capability.

Is there a USB bluetooth dongle that is supported by this device that would give it this capability?

User avatar
geekbuying
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am
Contact:

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 am

jackbenimble wrote:I know the NEO G4 does not have built in Bluetooth capability.

Is there a USB bluetooth dongle that is supported by this device that would give it this capability?


I don't think so, MK808 is also the same specification tv stick, but it can't support the bluetooth dongle, anyway, we will try for you,and post back.

now,if you want the one with bluetooth function, we recommend the iMito MX1:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/iMito-MX ... 12245.html

captnemo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby captnemo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 am

captnemo wrote:Looking to buy the MINIX NEO X5, but I have some questions.
Does hot, I do not see why having ventilation?
Supports the Greek language and how many days are coming to my country?
You see fulL HD movies via last mile ethernet from pc, will transfer to problems?
Are there problems at the customs and want extra money?
Thanks.

A response from Geekbuying and a video MINIX NEO X5??

jackbenimble
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby jackbenimble » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 am

geekbuying wrote:
jackbenimble wrote:I know the NEO G4 does not have built in Bluetooth capability.

Is there a USB bluetooth dongle that is supported by this device that would give it this capability?


I don't think so, MK808 is also the same specification tv stick, but it can't support the bluetooth dongle, anyway, we will try for you,and post back.


Thank you for your response and for testing! Whether or not the MK808 can support bluetooth is not really relevant because it is a firmware issue rather than a hardware platform issue. The original MK802 did not support bluetooth dongles out of the factory box either but people apparently got it to support bluetooth by loading the Cyanogen firware on to it and that gave it the bluetooth capability. So until I hear otherwise, I will be somewhat hopeful that the G4 has this capability in its firmware which I am sure is quite different from the MK808 firmware and is probably much closer to the X5 firmware which does support bluetooth. Thanks!

User avatar
geekbuying
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am
Contact:

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 am

captnemo wrote:
captnemo wrote:Looking to buy the MINIX NEO X5, but I have some questions.
Does hot, I do not see why having ventilation?
Supports the Greek language and how many days are coming to my country?
You see fulL HD movies via last mile ethernet from pc, will transfer to problems?
Are there problems at the customs and want extra money?
Thanks.

A response from Geekbuying and a video MINIX NEO X5??


Answer is here: :D
It has Greek language, and usually it will take about 20-25 business days to ship to your country. We can declare low for your package, but you have responsibility to pay the custom tax if it has.

and review for NEO X5 is also here:

neo X5 unboxing review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwqoGoAG35E

Review for the system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9TDQQpq ... el&list=UL

for your other questions,i don't understand your meaning very well, please explain.

thanks

Tablet_Collector
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby Tablet_Collector » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 am

Hi Geekbuying,

I am in the UK and trying to order the X5 in GBP but the coupon code is not working. It says the amount must be higher than the coupon value?
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Jez

User avatar
geekbuying
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am
Contact:

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 am

Tablet_Collector wrote:Hi Geekbuying,

I am in the UK and trying to order the X5 in GBP but the coupon code is not working. It says the amount must be higher than the coupon value?
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Jez


Hi

I just send you a private message, please check.

thanks

captnemo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby captnemo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 pm

geekbuying wrote:
captnemo wrote:
captnemo wrote:Looking to buy the MINIX NEO X5, but I have some questions.
Does hot, I do not see why having ventilation?
Supports the Greek language and how many days are coming to my country?
You see fulL HD movies via last mile ethernet from pc, will transfer to problems?
Are there problems at the customs and want extra money?
Thanks.

A response from Geekbuying and a video MINIX NEO X5??


Answer is here: :D
It has Greek language, and usually it will take about 20-25 business days to ship to your country. We can declare low for your package, but you have responsibility to pay the custom tax if it has.

and review for NEO X5 is also here:

neo X5 unboxing review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwqoGoAG35E

Review for the system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9TDQQpq ... el&list=UL

for your other questions,i don't understand your meaning very well, please explain.


My other questions I want to know whether the device overheats and does it have a problem with movies full HD 1080p(transfers from the computer cable-ethernet)?
Thanks.
Last edited by captnemo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

lind75
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby lind75 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 am

Hi Geekbuying,

Is the coupon code also valid for the G4.
I have tried it and says "Failed to apply the coupon. Please make sure that the order amount is no less than coupon discount"

Thanks
Johan

Tablet_Collector
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby Tablet_Collector » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 am

geekbuying wrote:
Tablet_Collector wrote:Hi Geekbuying,

I am in the UK and trying to order the X5 in GBP but the coupon code is not working. It says the amount must be higher than the coupon value?
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Jez


Hi

I just send you a private message, please check.

thanks


Got it thanks

Jez

captnemo
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby captnemo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 am

An answer??(geekbuying)

funnyboy027
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby funnyboy027 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi, I order it from your website geekbuying.com (Order 3005552), but my order status still proccessing for 3 days. When will it be shipped, thank you?

le95dap8
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 am

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby le95dap8 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 am

funnyboy027 wrote:Hi, I order it from your website geekbuying.com (Order 3005552), but my order status still proccessing for 3 days. When will it be shipped, thank you?


My order is 30050xx, processing for 6 days, still cannot get the tracking no. You need to wait a bit longer :lol: . I'm sure geekbuying is having very good business now, rushing out shipments for X'mas :D . Give me the tracking no. please.

igme
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: MiniX NEO G4 and X5 release on Geekbuying

Postby igme » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am

Just be wary who you order these things from .It seems that ordering from GeekBuying is a hit-and-miss thing. My impression is that they send and just forget about it. If everything went smoothly, good. If there''s any kind of issue, then we are on our own.

I ordered an allwinner-base android stick from them around 6 weeks ago. It seems stuck in one Chinese transit office as the status keeps on going around that one transit office for more than 5 WEEKS (looped more than 15 times already).

On 3 chats with their support team - we agreed that they will check with the post office - but i doubt that they even checked it out.

My chat with them today - they even exited the chat before getting my reply - and would not accept another chat session.

I just ordered my g4 from another seller.


Return to “Neo G4”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest