Can't install TuneInRadio, MLB.com At Bat, CNN, etc

Forum for the Minix Neo G4 android tv stick
stevel

Can't install TuneInRadio, MLB.com At Bat, CNN, etc

Postby stevel » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 am

Hi All, I just got my Minix Neo G4 and have been trying to find an answer for this problem I have installing certain apps. I'm on the stock ICS firmware, unrooted. The Play Store says my device is not compatible with apps like those mentioned in the subject line (TuneIn Radio, MLB.com At Bat, CNN, etc) and won't allow them to be installed. What's up with that? I have no trouble installing these apps on my phone, 7" tablet or 10" tablet. Does anyone know a way around this? Or can someone who has the JB firmware try installing these to see if they work? Thanks!

stevel

Re: Can't install TuneInRadio, MLB.com At Bat, CNN, etc

Postby stevel » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 am

No one can help with this? Would be nice if someone with a Neo G4 and Jelly Bean ROM would be willing to go to Google Play Store and try to install these apps and report the results. It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PeterNoTail

Postby PeterNoTail » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:37 pm

i've got TuneInRadio on my Neo G4 (ICS). I know the Play store says it's incompatible, but it works without any problems for me.
You can get it here:
http://www.torrapk.com/index.php/en/dwl ... io-apk-70e (NOT a pirate site, btw).

stevel

Postby stevel » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:21 am

Thank you, PeterNoTail! I didn't even think of trying to see if they would run, just assumed that since the Play Store wouldn't show them they couldn't be installed. I copied the APKs over from my tablet and was able to install them. Just like you said, TuneIn Radio, MLB at Bat and CNN all work fine. Would be nice if Play Store would show everything but I'm happy I have these apps working now, especially MLB at Bat, just in time for baseball season! Thanks again!

Return to “Neo G4”