Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Forum for the Minix Neo G4 android tv stick
genny
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby genny » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 am

This rom was ported from mk808 to minix neo g4

I tested it on my Minix Neo G4, it work well and is already rooted.

You can flash this rom with the standard rk3066 tool RKBatchTool.exe, in the same mode you install the original Minix roms.

Gameloft games work with this rom.
http://d-h.st/Cg4
Last edited by genny on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

genny
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby genny » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Do you like ? :)

Muderko
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby Muderko » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:22 am

Hello genny,

Is that a 1.7a,b, or c?

Is it pure Finless mk808 rom ? Did you change or add anything to it to make it compatible with Neo G4?

Is it stable? Any wifi issues?

I am on stock ICS, getting 72mbps connection. But when I watch youtube or live online stream the connection stays on 72mbps but the internet dies. Does this rom solve the issue?

ginopaneg
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 am

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby ginopaneg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 am

It's a port of a generic 1.7 with a proper kernel

flashable via rockchiptools works really well

Muderko
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby Muderko » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 pm

ginopaneg wrote:It's a port of a generic 1.7 with a proper kernel

flashable via rockchiptools works really well


Is it possible to port 1.7c? As it has a fixed wifi issue and other fixes.

genny
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby genny » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 am

I already tested also the 1.7c rom


Is simple you can do this also by yourself.

1) get the rom linked above by me
2) unpack this with RK29xxImageTools_v2.1 tools (you must rename my rom in wendal.img and put in RK29xxImageTools folder and after click runme.bat and select "Unpack")
3) swap the system.img from the finless 1.7c with the extracted system.img
4) repack with RK29xxImageTools_v2.1 tools (you must click runme.bat and select "Pack")
4) flash the new wendal_new.img to your minix neo g4


But i hope in a good cyanogenmod where all can see the source code. Hacking the rom with smali code can create many other problems.

Muderko
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby Muderko » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm

genny wrote:I already tested also the 1.7c rom


Is simple you can do this also by yourself.

1) get the rom linked above by me
2) unpack this with RK29xxImageTools_v2.1 tools (you must rename my rom in wendal.img and put in RK29xxImageTools folder and after click runme.bat and select "Unpack")
3) swap the system.img from the finless 1.7c with the extracted system.img
4) repack with RK29xxImageTools_v2.1 tools (you must click runme.bat and select "Pack")
4) flash the new wendal_new.img to your minix neo g4


But i hope in a good cyanogenmod where all can see the source code. Hacking the rom with smali code can create many other problems.


Thax genny.
Sounds complicated but I will try.

genny any idea how to install CWM recovery on stock G4 rooted 4.1.1? Tried all methods and alternative methods and failed!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

genny
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby genny » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 am

Muderko wrote:
genny wrote:I already tested also the 1.7c rom

genny any idea how to install CWM recovery on stock G4 rooted 4.1.1? Tried all methods and alternative methods and failed!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


Is simple:

get this http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk3 ... G4_CWM.zip

rename in "update.zip" and copy in usb flash drive

attach this usb flash drive to your minix neo g4 with 4.1.1 rom and accept to do the update when the massege show.

this update.zip, reboot the device in CWM recovery

you can control CWM recovery only with stock remote (the little hardware remote control of minix neo g4)


p.s.
I already tested also the cyanogenmod 10 and the last android 4.2.2 of mk808 inside the minix neo g4. Only the wifi not work. all other part work.

Muderko
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby Muderko » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 am

genny wrote:
Muderko wrote:
genny wrote:I already tested also the 1.7c rom

genny any idea how to install CWM recovery on stock G4 rooted 4.1.1? Tried all methods and alternative methods and failed!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


Is simple:

get this http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk3 ... G4_CWM.zip

rename in "update.zip" and copy in usb flash drive

attach this usb flash drive to your minix neo g4 with 4.1.1 rom and accept to do the update when the massege show.

this update.zip, reboot the device in CWM recovery

you can control CWM recovery only with stock remote (the little hardware remote control of minix neo g4)


p.s.
I already tested also the cyanogenmod 10 and the last android 4.2.2 of mk808 inside the minix neo g4. Only the wifi not work. all other part work.



Thx genny,

I tried this method and never popped up in JB.

No wifi? What's the point then?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

genny
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby genny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:21 am

I not know what is your problem, but the mode explained to install CWM recovery work for all. Look also this post to test my word:

http://minixforums.com/threads/recovery ... x5-g4.181/

Muderko
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Re: Finless 1.7 ported to Minix Neo G4

Postby Muderko » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 pm

genny wrote:I not know what is your problem, but the mode explained to install CWM recovery work for all. Look also this post to test my word:

http://minixforums.com/threads/recovery ... x5-g4.181/


I rename the file to update.zip then put into a FAT format empty usb flash drive then insert into G4. No pop up! When i check through file explorer an i find its name as update.zip.zip. However, i change this to update.zip and still no pop up in JB!

I try on ICS, it pops up but when install says invalid update package!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


Return to “Neo G4”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest