Neo G4 USB drivers

Forum for the Minix Neo G4 android tv stick
jukiveins

Neo G4 USB drivers

Postby jukiveins » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:36 am

Pls somebody share the USB drivers for the Neo G4 from Minix - I can't find them anywhere and I can't root the device without them !!!

acy

Re: Neo G4 USB drivers

Postby acy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:40 pm

jackbenimble

Re: Neo G4 USB drivers

Postby jackbenimble » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 pm

jukiveins wrote:Pls somebody share the USB drivers for the Neo G4 from Minix - I can't find them anywhere and I can't root the device without them !!!

You can go to this forum and look in the firmware thread:

http://www.minixforums.com/threads/official-firmware.2/Minix%20Forum

There are beta drivers for Windows 8 and there are drivers for earlier operating systems included with the 4.1.1 Rar file.

I had quite a bit of trouble getting the G4 drivers to install. Here are a couple of hints.
- Even if you have an Intel processor, you want to install the driver from the AMD64 folder if you are running a 64 bit operating system. The x86 folder has a 32-bit driver for 32 bit operating systems.

- If you get a bad or wrong driver installed, go into the Control Panel Device Manager and delete it before installing a different one.

- My Dell Laptop has both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. The 3.0 ports are suppossed to be backwards compatible. But I could not get the drivers to install properly with my Neo G4 hooked to a USB 3.0 port. I was just about to give up altogether when it occurred to me to try a different port and they suddenly installed flawlessly.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Neo G4”