Mx1 dead..?

raphel

Mx1 dead..?

Postby raphel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 am

Hi to all,

i've bought an mx1 the 7th, used for a while with great satisfaction...two days ago i was reading my e mail and suddenly the screen has become black...i've tried to turn the mx1 off but when i tried to turn it on nothing happened: the screen was still black and the blu led in the rear part of the minipc off...the strange thing is that in the passed days using the mx1 also for two or more hours the minipc was always warm and i was impressed about it...the other day, when the damage happened it was very hot...i really don't understand what it could be happened!...now i've got my mini pc dead and i don't know what to do...any ideas? it could be possible to reset it?

thank for answers!

R.
Last edited by raphel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

geekbuying

Re: Mx1 dead..but geekbuying what does it sell?

Postby geekbuying » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:15 am

Hi

I have answered you freaktab, please don't post duplicate questions everywhere. :) I will try to help in any tech questions.

thanks

raphel

Postby raphel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 am

ooopssss...sorry :lol:

Jewcyph0r

Postby Jewcyph0r » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 pm

raphel wrote:Hi to all,

i've bought an mx1 the 7th, used for a while with great satisfaction...two days ago i was reading my e mail and suddenly the screen has become black...i've tried to turn the mx1 off but when i tried to turn it on nothing happened: the screen was still black and the blu led in the rear part of the minipc off...the strange thing is that in the passed days using the mx1 also for two or more hours the minipc was always warm and i was impressed about it...the other day, when the damage happened it was very hot...i really don't understand what it could be happened!...now i've got my mini pc dead and i don't know what to do...any ideas? it could be possible to reset it?

thank for answers!

R.

1. Have you tried powering the unit from the other micro USB port? The solder could have fluxed and created an open connection on the current one.
2. Try powering the MX1 from a computer's USB port. A transformer expiring could be likely too. These transformers are not world class devices.

raphel

Postby raphel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 am

Jewcyph0r wrote:
1. Have you tried powering the unit from the other micro USB port? The solder could have fluxed and created an open connection on the current one.
2. Try powering the MX1 from a computer's USB port. A transformer expiring could be likely too. These transformers are not world class devices.

thank you Jewcyphor...i've tried all but...nothing to do...doesn't work...

Mattias

Re: Mx1 dead..?

Postby Mattias » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:37 am

Hi,
Yesterday I was gooing to demo my nice MX1 to a friend.
I put in the external power source in the MX1 and plugged it the HDMI.
The blue LED powered up but the screen was blank. We got a "no signal" warning poping up on the tv.

I relised that I hade, by accident, placed the external power source in the OTG port (i.e. micro USB port) and NOT the DC port.

Now it doesn't work any more. I plugged it into my TV....but nothing (I've been running it on the TV for a couple of days...no problems)
I fear that I have broken my MX1.
Should this really break the MX1?
I use the external power source that came with it.

Is it broken?
It shouldn't be this easy to break it. :cry:

raphel

Postby raphel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 am

...i think yes: it is possible it is broken...try to move softly the microusb cable plugged into 5dc micro usb port and check if it is well locked into it...if it is not (if it moves expecially from left to right and viceversa) it is broken like happened to me..think that as i've mounted the mx1 to my tv, i've never moved it...simply one day it decided to dead by itself and immediately i've noted that the dc cable was not as locked as the first time i've plugged it....
...i think the mx1 could be a great product but it is too much delicate till now...

msutas

Postby msutas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Mine is dead also.

It has worked like a charm for three weeks. I have loaded the latest rom. Stil it was working without any problem. One day I turned on tv and it had no output.

Now when i power it, the blue led lids, but there is no output. The pc does not recognize it. Just a piece of brick.

I have tried the shorting method that was described for unbricking UG802 but did not work.

Still searching for a solution.

darkness

Postby darkness » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:00 am

My MX1 started experiencing another problem than what others have experienced. It was working perfectly through yesterday. I went to boot it up tonight and it was stuck at the boot screen. It's not boot looping, and the device is outputting the boot screen to the TV. It just doesn't progress beyond the boot screen. It also appears to be powering the device, with both the blue light appearing and it's doing enough to provide signal to the TV.

I've tried changing the power source from the TV's USB to an external source and the results are the same.

Any ideas on what to try next to fix it?

Maybe the device didn't power down correctly today. Since the MX1 was powered through the TV, the device turned on whenever the TV turned on. I've only had it a few days. That seems peculiar that the device would brick from turning it off in this manner. I'd do battery pulls on my old Android phone when it froze or when it was acting up, and it still worked. If I fix it, I will plug it in to an external source hereon out.

Return to “MX1”