Does anyone have any personl experience yet?

reddragon72

Re: Does anyone have any personl experience yet?

Postby reddragon72 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 am

jamesklyne wrote:Got mine yesterday. The 5v power connector was being flaky, turning on and off the unit if slightly moved. Looked inside and noticed the connector traces are not actually soldered down. I can power it from the other port. On my 32" 1080p LCD TV I get white flickering pixels at 1080p but not 720p. My 55" LCD does not do this. The 32" doesn't do this on any other video source @ 1080p.

Other than these issues, the unit is nice.

REMOVED PIC

Yep and that connector will only get worse. nearly 1.2 to 2 amps being pulled through it is quite a lot of heat. As for the TV issue that one is really odd. Maybe a refresh issue???

bigjb419

Postby bigjb419 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

My power connector also turns on and off when slightly moved. Looks like they are all the same. The OTG port seems to be a little more solide. I wonder if I should should just power the unit through this port instead?

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:25 am

I've just received a sample iMito MX1 today from Geekbuying.
So from now on I'll be able to test firmwares as they get released and try to help with any issues I can.

So far I really like the MX1. It feels nice in hand with the metal casing.
I loaded the 11/12/2012 rooted rom on it a few minutes ago.
The rom did freeze at one point, but I have been playing with setcpu so that could be it.

I've scored a 6058 in antutu in the most recent rom.
I have a pretty decent wifi connection that ranges from 135mbps to 150mbps to my n only router.
My keyboard doesn't repeat.
Audio/video sync is very good.
So far NO blank screen issue like on the mk808(I'll keep testing on other TV's too.)
User Interface resolution is 1280x672.(just like the others)
Bluetooth is a really nice feature to have.

In general it seems like a very nice device for the money.
Basically it trumps the mk808 and ug802 because of better wifi and internal bluetooth.

For anyone wondering about motorola lapdocks...
All the rk3066 sticks work with the motorola lapdock so far.
The main problem is the detected resolution. When you first boot the detected modes are 720x576p-50 and 720x480p.
If exit the settings, close the lapdock screen and open it you'll have all the other options when you launch settings.
This can be a problem because when you close the lapdock screen the usb power is shut off for a second causing a reboot.
So I generally use the lapdock as a second screen while having my android stick plugged into a usb power adapter.
Some people have gotten around this by using a small usb battery pack(one that charges and supplies at the same time.)

reddragon72

Postby reddragon72 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:34 pm

deadhp1 wrote:I've just received a sample iMito MX1 today from Geekbuying.
So from now on I'll be able to test firmwares as they get released and try to help with any issues I can.

So far I really like the MX1. It feels nice in hand with the metal casing.
I loaded the 11/12/2012 rooted rom on it a few minutes ago.
The rom did freeze at one point, but I have been playing with setcpu so that could be it.

I've scored a 6058 in antutu in the most recent rom.
I have a pretty decent wifi connection that ranges from 135mbps to 150mbps to my n only router.
My keyboard doesn't repeat.
Audio/video sync is very good.
So far NO blank screen issue like on the mk808(I'll keep testing on other TV's too.)
User Interface resolution is 1280x672.(just like the others)
Bluetooth is a really nice feature to have.

In general it seems like a very nice device for the money.
Basically it trumps the mk808 and ug802 because of better wifi and internal bluetooth.

For anyone wondering about motorola lapdocks...
All the rk3066 sticks work with the motorola lapdock so far.
The main problem is the detected resolution. When you first boot the detected modes are 720x576p-50 and 720x480p.
If exit the settings, close the lapdock screen and open it you'll have all the other options when you launch settings.
This can be a problem because when you close the lapdock screen the usb power is shut off for a second causing a reboot.
So I generally use the lapdock as a second screen while having my android stick plugged into a usb power adapter.
Some people have gotten around this by using a small usb battery pack(one that charges and supplies at the same time.)

How re you getting those speeds? I have a full N router in which my laptop and desktop hit 300 and stay there. The MX1 only hits 65 max.... Very odd.... A lot of people have half N routers that max at 150 and half of that 2.5Ghz is 65 so that is understandable, but mine is the 2.5-5.0 so I can achieve full 300 N speeds and this little guy still never hits 150 it stays at 65.

I do agree with everything else, but the popup KB is driving me nuts! Still cannot turn it off.

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm

If you're using a wireless keyboard/mouse/touchpad and don't need the on screen keyboard then you have no reason not to install Null Keyboard.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oard&hl=en
Just install it, then go into Settings---> Launguage & Input, check the box next to Null Keyboard, then choose it as the default keyboard.

I don't know how I'm getting those wirless speeds. It's just what the MX1 connects at for me.
I've tried the 11/05 firmware and the 11/12 firmware. Both get me the same wifi speeds.
On the same routers my MK808 will NEVER go above 65mbps. The UG802 will however reach 150mpbs most of the time.
These are just 2.4ghz wireless N routers.(cisco and belkin) I don't have a 5ghz router since almost none of my devices are 5ghz.

reddragon72

Postby reddragon72 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 am

deadhp1 wrote:If you're using a wireless keyboard/mouse/touchpad and don't need the on screen keyboard then you have no reason not to install Null Keyboard.
Just install it, then go into Settings---> Launguage & Input, check the box next to Null Keyboard, then choose it as the default keyboard.

I don't know how I'm getting those wirless speeds. It's just what the MX1 connects at for me.
I've tried the 11/05 firmware and the 11/12 firmware. Both get me the same wifi speeds.
On the same routers my MK808 will NEVER go above 65mbps. The UG802 will however reach 150mpbs most of the time.
These are just 2.4ghz wireless N routers.(cisco and belkin) I don't have a 5ghz router since almost none of my devices are 5ghz.

Cool on that KB, I'll get it installed ASAP as I think it is messing up Webkey.

That is really odd, but yea I have the full on Wireless N dual channel 5Ghz and several machines that connect to that. I wonder if the 5Ghz is kicking the 2.5 to a lower speed.... Might try that tonight.

miuca

Postby miuca » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:05 am

Got mine a few days ago. Works. Which is a pleasant difference as oppose to MK808.

Got XBMC up and ruining in full screen (Hide bar app) and auto start (start up manager app). So it takes about 10s from power on, to video displaying on TV. Using Logitech MX mouse as a "remote".

WiFi is stable, no issues, live video steaming works fine, Google play download/install works also. My main goal was to use it as a media player, so I didn't test any other functionality/app.

Only headache is the lack of hardware decoding in XBMC, but that's not down to MX1, hopefully it will be there in official XBMC for Android.

I'm using the rooted_B10_RK3066_iMito_MX1_V411_121119 firmware.

SpEnTBoY

Postby SpEnTBoY » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm

deadhp1 wrote:If you're using a wireless keyboard/mouse/touchpad and don't need the on screen keyboard then you have no reason not to install Null Keyboard.

Awesome catch on the KB! ... now to get rid of the status bar lol .. although I think I read something somewhere to fix that too. As for Wifi speeds, count me as a +1 on results. I have seen as low as 108 on my MX1 but cycling the Wifi always gets me back to 135 - 150 (181 last night!! and it stayed there all night plus I confirmed it with some scp's to one of my servers after changing the cypher lol). Anyway ... I'm not positive what options have to be enabled etc BUT ... using my 2 old Linksys DD-WRT routers I would never get good speeds nor would they stay at what they connected at ... wth my new Asus router (2.4/5.0) I'm having zero issues.

Next for me is playing around with emulators to get the settings right especially for PS1 games ... defaults seems to work for other devices but thse little buggers are a bit quirky :P

jwm2

Postby jwm2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

I have an asus wireless router i bought late last year and i have been having nothing but problems with the wifi. I just broke down and bought a ethernet to usb adapter, should be getting it hopefully tomorrow.

Return to “MX1”