MX1 on an older 720p Sony Bravia

trent

MX1 on an older 720p Sony Bravia

Postby trent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 pm

I am visiting friends and want to show off my MX1, naturally.
Unfortunately, they have an older Sony Bravia KDL 32S3000 which is 720p, best I can tell.
When I plug the MX1 into an HDMI port on their TV, the TV says, "Unsupported Signal. Check your device output." which I take to mean the resolution in not supported, or maybe the refresh rate, who knows...

I am running a rooted recent ROM courtesy of DeadHP. Its the one with the flaky "hide the menu bar manually" and it is 1080p. I cannot see the MX1 on any monitor available to me here, and do not know if flashing some 720p ROM would help, if I could even figure out how to do that (there are drivers and utilities I think I need to do a laptop-only flash, right ? My MX1 does have the reset pin-hole.)

Is there a ROM that is 720p that I can download and flash ?

How do I flash a ROM without a display for the MX1 ?
I know others have had the same question, and I thought it was impossible back then, but have since learned that I was wrong and that it is possible. I am not really wanting to flash a Finless just now, just a rooted stock that uses lower resolution so the TV will display it. I am going to read back in the board some more and see if I can figure out more of this from posts already present, but I appreciate any guidance.

trent

Re: MX1 on an older 720p Sony Bravia

Postby trent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

So far I have gotten the drivers that allow flashing from a PC installed from out of the Finless 1.5 Rom zip file. That works, can set the MX1 to Flash mode with one or the tools in there.

Now I just need to know what ROM file I should flash that I can use to maybe restore the MX1 back to 720p for this TV, and how to flash that ROM with the tool(s) in the Finless kit. I wish I could just write an update.img (or is it upgrade.img ?) to a microSD chip, stick that in the MX1, and have it update itself, but I have no display and I don't know what img I would write to get back to 720p anyway.

Return to “MX1”