use usb wifi adapter on Imito MX1?

leoh

use usb wifi adapter on Imito MX1?

Postby leoh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi, please anyone could help build a usb wifi adapter drive (.ko) for Imito MX1? My usb wifi adapter is D-link DWA-131 with realtech chipset of RTL8191SU.

I found someone has worked out pretty much drivers for MK808 @ viewtopic.php?f=66&t=231
But I can not load them into MX1 by using insmod command.

Thanks in advance!

leoh

Re: use usb wifi adapter on Imito MX1?

Postby leoh » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Just found someone succeeded on Edimax adaptor:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=909

RebeccaV

Postby RebeccaV » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi All,

Yep,I'm a blonde mom who likes her son simply explained how to connect the MX1 with a Edimax EW-7811Un!

Please is there anyone who can / will explain this in small steps!

Thanks,
Rebecca, mother of Justin (11)

leoh

Postby leoh » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Rebecca,

Refer to the link on the first post on MK808. Download the driver on page 8 of that link and follow the steps the same as page 1(first post on the link). I have not got my usb adaptor yet. But someone succeeded on this usb adapter.

leoh

Postby leoh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Just received my Edimax EW-7811Un, and installed the driver from the link above for MK808 (the driver is the very first post at page 1). Follow the steps and it works. It stays 150mbps, stable. However, the real data transfer is not big difference with my built-in wifi though. So I switch it back to my buit-in wifi. For people still suffering the wifi issues, you probably try Edimax EW-7811Un. But before that, you may try an app called Wifi Booster, install it and restart your MX1. I used this software and seems my wifi is stabler than before. Before installing that, my wifi is unstable, disconnected sometime and the speed changes too. Hope this helps.

RebeccaV

Postby RebeccaV » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi Leoh,

I downloaded the driver and followed the steps as told, but i still have some problems getting the edimax started.
In the first post of the link it says:

modify Makefile of driver.
(1) add -fno-pic :EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Wno-uninitialized -fno-pic
(2) add rock3066
CONFIG_PLATFORM_I386_PC = n
CONFIG_PLATFORM_ARM_RK3066 = y
ifeq ($(CONFIG_PLATFORM_ARM_RK3066), y)
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DCONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DCONFIG_PLATFORM_ANDROID -DCONFIG_PLATFORM_ROCKCHIPS -DCONFIG_MINIMAL_MEMORY_USAGE
ARCH := arm
CROSS_COMPILE := [***1***]
KSRC := [****2****]
MODULE_NAME := rtl8192cu
endif

But where can i find the modify Makefile of driver?

I install the Android Terminal Emulator and the Root Explorer.
I followed the steps on page 8:

The problem with rtl8192cu.ko driver was that in autoconf.g the line for CONFIG_IOCTL_CFG80211 is remarked. Therefore ioctl is not build with the driver. So I removed the remark and rebuild the driver. It is now working for my device according to the instructions rainlake has provided. That is:

1) copy rtl8192cu.ko to /system/lib/modules after you have mounted with rw (I usually run ESexplorer with root options)
2) rename /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko -> /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko.old in case you need that later
3) rename /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko -> /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
4) fix permitions, I do that from terminal, but I think you can do that from ESExplorer as well

chmod go+r /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko
chown root:root /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko

But the last two lines gives me the error: Bad mode

I think i do something badly wrong.
Please can you explain?

Greetings from Rebecca

Return to “MX1”