Configuring launcher?

hidefguy

Configuring launcher?

Postby hidefguy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 am

Unlike many people, I prefer the alternative launcher supplied (launcher_new) since it gives a simplified interface that can be navigated with up/down/left/right keys. For my wife to use the device, she prefers that to a regular android desktop style interface. My question is, can the supplied alternative launcher be configured to change the main button assignments? It comes with a lower row of buttons pointing to websites we don't use, and it would' be great to have a main button that points to Netflix etc. I've seen some of the launchers recommended by others here and haven't been that impressed, I'm looking for something like the supplied launcher or a Roku-style interface. In a similar theme, can anyone recommend a simple (bluetooth/IR) remote control that has simple left/right/up/down controls?

hidefguy

Re: Configuring launcher?

Postby hidefguy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Answer my own question in case anyone's googling for the answer:
Assuming that your TV stick is rooted, there's an SQLite db file at:/data/data/com.android.launcherNew/databases/launcher.db
SCP it to your desktop; Using an SQLite editor such as: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/
Edit the fields to reflect the content you want, then reboot.

Return to “MX1”