General problems with UG007

Kvens

General problems with UG007

Postby Kvens » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi.

Just got the UG007 today, but I can't connect with my router using secure login (browser). It seems to be that MAC-adress changes every time I turn on/off WiFi or boot the device. Not good! Anyone having similar problems?
Extra: The WiFi connection is not that good - it works, but is very weak!

EDIT: I've decided to make a list with faults etc. for UG007. Please add comment, and I will post it in top.

- MAC-adress keeps changing
- Poor WiFi, some not able to connect to 802.11n networks
- Bluetooth turns off sometimes by itself
Last edited by Kvens on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alwaysbless

Re: MAC-adress problems

Postby alwaysbless » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Looks like this is turning in a known issue another guy in the tread below yours has the same problem.. Cheers to geekbuying for lying and telling ppl this thing didnt have problems like this and wifi -_- smh

xsaw

Postby xsaw » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm

my ug007 don't have the mac address problem.
but the wifi connection weak because you put it back of TV?
i was put back on my LG 55 inch TV. the shell is metal, it block the signal. use a female to female connect to HDMI cable. u will see the signal much better.

i have problem on bluetooth. turn it ON or OFF very slow also sometime disconnect all the time. also don't support bluetooth mouse..

Kvens

Postby Kvens » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am

xsaw wrote:my ug007 don't have the mac address problem.
i was put back on my LG 55 inch TV. the shell is metal, it block the signal. use a female to female connect to HDMI cable. u will see the signal much better.

i have problem on bluetooth. turn it ON or OFF very slow also sometime disconnect all the time. also don't support bluetooth mouse..

Could you extract firmware? I did use the extra HDMI-cable, that came with, but it is still very poor. I have to be near the router (10 feet away or less) to get 20% signal. I haven't tried bluetooth yet. Normal USB-mouse works perfect (Logitech V450 Nano).

xsaw

Postby xsaw » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am

Kvens wrote:

Could you extract firmware? I did use the extra HDMI-cable, that came with, but it is still very poor. I have to be near the router (10 feet away or less) to get 20% signal. I haven't tried bluetooth yet. Normal USB-mouse works perfect (Logitech V450 Nano).

how to do it?
i use usb wireless usb keyboard & mouse is perfect. only the bluetooth working not stable.

Kvens

Postby Kvens » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 am

xsaw wrote:how to do it?
i use usb wireless usb keyboard & mouse is perfect. only the bluetooth working not stable.

I don't know how to do this. What build number are you using?

Kvens

Postby Kvens » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 am

Just tried bluetooth - no luck. It turns off seconds after I have turned it on!

Kvens

Postby Kvens » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 pm

News to bluetooth. Today my bluetooth worked with my Galaxy SII, but I could only find and pair by my phone, not with UG007. Seems it fixes itself :D

pumidru

Postby pumidru » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 am

The problem of changing the "Mac-Adress" exists, I have experienced it myself.

I wonder if you can solve this problem?

how?

Thanks!

atf678

Postby atf678 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm

I just came back from another trip to China and I had a chance to stop by the UGOOS offfice in Shenzhen. I don't know if it is the official office or just a reseller, but the person's business card only had the UGOOS name, and all the products in the office were only by UGOOS.

My main reason for going there was to exchange my UG007 that was locked in the infinite bootloop. And while I was there I showed them the MAC address changing problem and the bluetooth problem. The MAC address problem they didn't know about, but they said they would contact the engineer and see if that can be resolved.

The bluetooth problem, she said was not a problem. She said it was only meant to be paired with phones for transferring pictures. So there are no keyboard, mouse or any other HID drivers loaded into the bluetooth. So hope someone can add these in on the custom roms.

ba114

Postby ba114 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 pm

atf678 wrote:The bluetooth problem, she said was not a problem. She said it was only meant to be paired with phones for transferring pictures. So there are no keyboard, mouse or any other HID drivers loaded into the bluetooth. So hope someone can add these in on the custom roms.

As soon as we have the kernel source including the mediatek drivers for the wifi and bluetooth we will be able to compile the kernel with support for all sorts of bluetooth HID devices.
I'm surprised it isnt built in though. I only have a single bluetooth mouse to test with (cheap) and it pairs, however does not bring up the cursor or anything.

In the meantime, get the app "blueinput". This provides additional support for devices that the kernel doesnt support, or may not be HID compliant. This has worked for me.

saman

Re: General problems with UG007

Postby saman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Change mac address resolve by exchanging for wlan.ko included - unzip it and before it is copied to /system/lib/modules, try rmmod wlan.ko and subsequent insmod "/path_to_new/wlan.ko" - There shall be no mistake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cardfire

Postby cardfire » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm

News about lacking bluetooth profiles is especially concerning. Whole reason I chose this product was to use BT accessories, not phone-image-sharing. That's what email, USB-mode, and WiFi is for! Hell, that is what DropBox is for!

I have similar experience with my Mac address -- on the built-in wifi it identifies all octets as straight 0's (00:00:00...) even when it is successfully connected and transferring data online (internal and external network) so I assume it isn't even correctly displaying on my device.

atf678

Postby atf678 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:40 pm

I flashed the Finless v1.5 rom for the MX1 and it has greatly improved the UG007. No more unexplained freezes, no sudden reboots, mkv and mp4 videos are smooth. MAC address doesn't change anymore. Have not encountered any problems yet. Will be testing the bluetooth later.

fuguetes

Postby fuguetes » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 pm

atf678, I have a UG007, and I have some problems with freezing.
What I have to do, to do the flashing?

atf678

Postby atf678 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 pm

This is the link to the rom for the MX1.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php? ... -d-support

Make sure you read and understand all the instructions before flashing. I cannot help you if anything goes wrong as previously I was unable to get it into the recovery mode by shorting the pins on the circuitboard.

You will have to use the alternate flash method to get it into recovery mode which is actually rockchips native tool to get it into recovery mode the first and second time. First time to get the drivers installed on your computer. Second time to get it ready for flashing. The second time you are in recovery mode, you can use Finless' flash tool. I recommend using the 720p kernel and 720p boot. The 1080p kernel and boot can cause incompatibility with some TV, and seems to cause video/audio out of sync issue on movies.

Make sure to reboot again when it gets to the homescreen after the flashing. And remember not to interrupt the flashing or try to do anything else. Follow each step carefully and methodically.

juliotunes

Postby juliotunes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 pm

I solved the poor wi-fi reception by putting a ferrite core around the hdmi cable. It worked for my UG007.

Return to “UG007”