use usb wifi adapter on mk808

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm

thanks for Omegamoon post link of mk808 kernel. And sorry for my bad english.
I have a dlink dwa-135 wifi adapter, chipset is rtl8192cu. downloaded driver from realtek website.
modify Makefile of driver.
(1) add -fno-pic :EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Wno-uninitialized -fno-pic
(2) add rock3066
CONFIG_PLATFORM_I386_PC = n
CONFIG_PLATFORM_ARM_RK3066 = y
ifeq ($(CONFIG_PLATFORM_ARM_RK3066), y)
EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DCONFIG_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DCONFIG_PLATFORM_ANDROID -DCONFIG_PLATFORM_ROCKCHIPS -DCONFIG_MINIMAL_MEMORY_USAGE
ARCH := arm
CROSS_COMPILE := [***1***]
KSRC := [****2****]
MODULE_NAME := rtl8192cu
endif

[***1***] is location of arm toolchain. I use ndk. like android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-
[****2****] is locktion of rk3066 kernel.

and execute make in driver directory. you will get drive module rtl8192cu.ko.
enable /system write: adb remount . or mount -o rw,remount /system in terminal emulator.
push it to mk808: adb push rtl8192cu.ko /system/lib/modules.
and insmod: insmod /system/lib/modules/rtl8192cu.ko.

disable wifi in android settings->wifi
plugin wifi adapter then reenable wifi in android wifi settings.

now my wifi adapter is bring up and connected to my router.

tested streaming youtube and 1080p films on my nas. all of them works fine.

I believe other wifi adapters will work fine if you can build driver for mk808.

to auto bring up wifi adapter. I replaced /system/lib/modules/rkwifi.ko with rtl8192cu.ko. everything works fine. wifi adapter will bring up automaticly.

deadhp1
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby deadhp1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm

That's great work!
Can you zip up you're ko file and post it here?
Any chance of getting btusb up and running?

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:00 pm

here you go.

mk808 rom does not have bt control build in. so I dont think btusb will work.
and why will you guys need btusb after all?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alwaysbless
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby alwaysbless » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 pm

rainlake wrote:here you go.

mk808 rom does not have bt control build in. so I dont think btusb will work.
and why will you guys need btusb after all?


Emulators/Gaming. Have you had a chance to check out what your link speed is?

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:39 pm

alwaysbless wrote:
rainlake wrote:here you go.

mk808 rom does not have bt control build in. so I dont think btusb will work.
and why will you guys need btusb after all?


Emulators/Gaming. Have you had a chance to check out what your link speed is?


144M, even 300M once.

it's way better than internal wifi.

kmunir
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby kmunir » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 pm

This is great. but how stable is it? does it keep disconnecting like the built in wireless or does it connect at greater speeds and then it gets reduced?

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm

it's really stable. I youtube and stream files from nas for this whole afternoon. it's still pretty great. speed @144mbps.
I mean, it really depends on which adapter you use.

eCCoMaNia
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby eCCoMaNia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 am

can we use this in ug802 ???

eminarcissus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:03 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby eminarcissus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:00 am

[s]So happy to see the release of kernel source.
I Tried to build a cifs driver but failed when load with insmod showing <3>[172219.787113] md4: unknown relocation: 27
Any idea?

Also I did try a full compile of the kernel, but seems vpu source is not available. So any chance we could get a full compile later?[/s]

Solved by adding EXTRA_CFALGS += -fno-pic
Last edited by eminarcissus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

BooLE
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:41 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby BooLE » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 am

eminarcissus wrote:So happy to see the release of kernel source.
I Tried to build a cifs driver but failed when load with insmod showing <3>[172219.787113] md4: unknown relocation: 27
Any idea?

Also I did try a full compile of the kernel, but seems vpu source is not available. So any chance we could get a full compile later?


Have you tried vpu_service from rk29xx kernel source? it should work...

See this post...
http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=212&start=20#p1088

eminarcissus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:03 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby eminarcissus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 am

BooLE wrote:
eminarcissus wrote:So happy to see the release of kernel source.
I Tried to build a cifs driver but failed when load with insmod showing <3>[172219.787113] md4: unknown relocation: 27
Any idea?

Also I did try a full compile of the kernel, but seems vpu source is not available. So any chance we could get a full compile later?


Have you tried vpu_service from rk29xx kernel source? it should work...

See this post...
http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=212&start=20#p1088


Errrrrrr, I didn't see that. I will give a try, thx for info

bthoven
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby bthoven » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 am

rainlake wrote:here you go.

mk808 rom does not have bt control build in. so I dont think btusb will work.
and why will you guys need btusb after all?


That's great! Will it work with other brand dongle which has the same chipset?

or if I have other existing dongle with other chipset and would ask you to help producing the .ko file, would it be possible?

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm

it depends. even they had same chipset, their ids must listed in the driver.
try plug you adapter in a linux machine and do lsusb. post the device ids here. let's see if I can help.
you can also find out the ids in windows. device manager->your device-> details ->hardware ids.
bthoven wrote:
rainlake wrote:here you go.

mk808 rom does not have bt control build in. so I dont think btusb will work.
and why will you guys need btusb after all?


That's great! Will it work with other brand dongle which has the same chipset?

or if I have other existing dongle with other chipset and would ask you to help producing the .ko file, would it be possible?

bthoven
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby bthoven » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 pm

rainlake wrote:it depends. even they had same chipset, their ids must listed in the driver.
try plug you adapter in a linux machine and do lsusb. post the device ids here. let's see if I can help.
you can also find out the ids in windows. device manager->your device-> details ->hardware ids.
bthoven wrote:
rainlake wrote:here you go.

mk808 rom does not have bt control build in. so I dont think btusb will work.
and why will you guys need btusb after all?


That's great! Will it work with other brand dongle which has the same chipset?

or if I have other existing dongle with other chipset and would ask you to help producing the .ko file, would it be possible?


Hi rainlake,

Thanks a lot. I'll try to find the same dongle as you, if not be able to find one, I may need your help.

szantinge
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby szantinge » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:00 am

Ive got the following wifi adapter:

http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-nano-usb-2-0 ... 166?item=4

It is also working on my windows pc with the rtl8192 driver, but it doesnt work with your cooked rtl8192cu.ko, even when I replaced is as rkwifi.ko.

Hardware IDs:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8176&REV_0200
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8176

Is there an easy fix?

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

post your logcat and dmesg.
szantinge wrote:Ive got the following wifi adapter:

http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-nano-usb-2-0 ... 166?item=4

It is also working on my windows pc with the rtl8192 driver, but it doesnt work with your cooked rtl8192cu.ko, even when I replaced is as rkwifi.ko.

Hardware IDs:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8176&REV_0200
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8176

Is there an easy fix?

szantinge
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby szantinge » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 am

rainlake wrote:post your logcat and dmesg.
szantinge wrote:Ive got the following wifi adapter:

http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-nano-usb-2-0 ... 166?item=4

It is also working on my windows pc with the rtl8192 driver, but it doesnt work with your cooked rtl8192cu.ko, even when I replaced is as rkwifi.ko.

Hardware IDs:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8176&REV_0200
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8176

Is there an easy fix?


I'll post them when I get home tonight. Thanks in advance!

szantinge
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby szantinge » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

here they are rainlake, I hope you can make something of this! as I said thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rainlake
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby rainlake » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 pm

your dmesg looks fine. wifi adapter is up.
please try this:
(1) unplug wifi adapter
(2) disable wifi in system settings.
(3) plugin wifi adapter
(4) enable wifi.

if you plug in your adapter after you enable wifi in system settings. your wifi adapter will be wlan1 and it will not be controled by settings.

to confirm this. run "ip addr" in adb shell.

szantinge wrote:here they are rainlake, I hope you can make something of this! as I said thanks in advance!

bthoven
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 am

Re: use usb wifi adapter on mk808

Postby bthoven » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 am

Hi rainlake

I already have an unused usb wifi n (200Mbps) with internal chipset RTL8191SU (it is compatible with most Realtek media player).

Could you please let me know what information you need from me in order to help me use this dongle.

Thanks in advance.


Return to “Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest