How to use function keys on airmouse rc11

MRAB

How to use function keys on airmouse rc11

Postby MRAB » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 am

I have just got a rc11 airmouse and don't know how to use the functions keys, (home, volume up etc.)
If i use a logiteck keyboard or any generic pc keyboard these functions all work great.
Any ideas how to get use these functions? Tried shift and fuction key but no joy.

chrishoughton

Re: How to use function keys on airmouse rc11

Postby chrishoughton » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 pm

I edited the keyboard mapping at /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl & now home/mail/music/play/pause/vol up/down working fine on RC11. I'll write a guide over the weekend, it's relatively simple. Haven't managed to get mute or ffwd/rwd keys working yet

qfreddie

Postby qfreddie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 am

Hi

Can you post that "howto"? Would be appreciated!

Also a question: is there any possibility to use the RC11 keys for gaming? Meaning re-map touchscreen functions to the keyboard. Ideea?

Cheers!

chrishoughton

Postby chrishoughton » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Keytest.apk will help you map the keys (it's the scancode you're after NOT keycode) - https://github.com/downloads/chrisboyle ... eyTest.apk

Keep a note of the scancodes of the keys you want to change.

Using root explorer or another file browser, find /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and make a back-up, then edit the file with a text editor (you may need to change permissions so Generic.kl is editable). You can see the key mappings in the file: key | scancode | mapping. Edit the key mapping using the scancode info you wrote down earlier. You'll hopefully find they're the same as below and you can just copy and paste.

First, comment out the current mappings.

#key 62 F4
#key 63 F5
#key 64 F6
#key 65 F7
#key 66 F8
#key 67 F9
#key 68 F10

#key 87 F11
#key 88 F12

Then add in your new ones...

key 62 HOME
key 63 ENVELOPE
key 64 MUSIC
key 65 MEDIA_REWIND
key 66 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
key 67 MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD
key 68 VOLUME_MUTE
key 87 VOLUME_DOWN
key 88 VOLUME_UP

As I mentioned before, I can't get rewind or fast forward to work, unfortunately, but others all now map to their icons. You may want to change them to something else, you'll see all the various options in the file,

Save Generic.kl and reboot the system, and your keys will be newly mapped :)
Last edited by chrishoughton on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woofe2r

Re: Odp: How to use function keys on airmouse rc11

Postby woofe2r » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm

chrishoughton wrote:Keytest.apk will help you map the keys (it's the scancode you're after NOT keycode) - https://github.com/downloads/chrisboyle ... eyTest.apk

Keep a note of the scancodes of the keys you want to change.

Using root explorer or another file browser, find /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and make a back-up, then edit the file with a text editor (you may need to change permissions so Generic.kl is editable). You can see the key mappings in the file: key | number | scancode. Edit the key mapping using the scancode info you wrote down earlier. You'll hopefully find they're the same as below and you can just copy and paste.

First, comment out the current mappings.

#key 62 F4
#key 63 F5
#key 64 F6
#key 65 F7
#key 66 F8
#key 67 F9
#key 68 F10

#key 87 F11
#key 88 F12

Then add in your new ones...

key 62 HOME
key 63 ENVELOPE
key 64 MUSIC
key 65 MEDIA_REWIND
key 66 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
key 67 MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD
key 68 VOLUME_MUTE
key 87 VOLUME_DOWN
key 88 VOLUME_UP

As I mentioned before, I can't get rewind or fast forward to work, unfortunately, but others all now map to their icons. You may want to change them to something else, you'll see all the various options in the file,

Save Generic.kl and reboot the system, and your keys will be newly mapped :)

It works:) very big thanks:)))
I successfully remaped some keys for my T2 air fly mouse and rii mini i8 keyboard.

I have one question, how to get the full list of supported function names?
For example: MENU, HOME, BACK etc.

I can find a lot function names in Generic.kl file but I think that is not all.

«««««Tapatalked from: MK808, Tronsmart Prometheus, SGS, SGS2»»»»»

Return to “MK808”