Do any Bluetooth Dongles work on MK808?

llewelld

Do any Bluetooth Dongles work on MK808?

Postby llewelld » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi, have been doing a lot of searching but no definitive answer.

Do any USB Bluetooth dongles work on MK808 with any current firmwares?

If not, does anyone know if this is a likely feature of future firmwares or should we never expect this to work.

Thanks.

salundy

Re: Do any Bluetooth Dongles work on MK808?

Postby salundy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 am

I had already tested some noname units, but they didn't work yet.

rainlake

Postby rainlake » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

my cm build may work with most "unname" adapters

mad92

Postby mad92 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 am

mine too, with cm10...

not with stock rom neither with finless.

joetmax23

Postby joetmax23 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 am

Bump...really need to get Bluetooth going on mine too. Is this going to be a kernal issue? And if so, I'm going to wait till AndrewDB get's the new mk808 kernal going for Ubuntu than anyways. Android OS is cute, but I want power.

player911

Postby player911 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Any update on this?

I'm pulling my hair out looking for a good solution for bluetooth. I have 2 dongles so I'm hoping one will work but I can't seem to figure out which firmwares support bluetooth.

ADD

Postby ADD » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 am

player911 wrote:Any update on this?

I'm pulling my hair out looking for a good solution for bluetooth. I have 2 dongles so I'm hoping one will work but I can't seem to figure out which firmwares support bluetooth.

Try latest Finless ROM 1.6.

player911

Postby player911 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't see anywhere on the Finless 1.6 rom where it states anything about working bluetooth drivers. I'll flash it just for laughs because my Minix Hybrid software was boinked by trying to root it, so I have to flash one anyway.

player911

Postby player911 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:07 pm

This is getting irritating and frustrating.

Here are my findings:

Seems Bluetooth is only "supported" in CM10. Getting it to actually work is another story. I have *now* 3 different bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB-BT dongles and none of them work.

Dlink DBT-120 immediately turns back off.
Zonet "oldsckool" BT1.1 tries to work. CM10 thinks for a minute and disconnects.
My new one Asus BT2.1 EDR+ actually thinks for quite a few minutes before giving me the bird.

I have one ordered online that uses a Cambria chipset and supposedly works. I doubt you can find anything to work outside of a chinese el cheapo model. I haven't found 1 direct answer as to which one specifically works and/or which unit to buy.

CM10 is also picky. If UPGRADED to from stock, it reads the SD card, but BT is immediately back to off. It seems like it is completely broken. If UPGRADED from the MIXIO Hybrid, SD is boinked but it attempts at bluetooth.

This one is what I ordered after lots of research and I'm still not 100% sure it will work:
http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-bluetooth-2- ... ngle-37665

Mitchell4you.

Postby Mitchell4you. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:39 pm

I use :
MS wireless mobile mouse 1000
This combi of dongle/mouse are pre-paired
So there no need for drivers/bluetooth manager to pair them

If you bought a bluetooth dongle and some sort of device all seperate
then you might need to install a bluetooth manager like: teksoftco blueinput

i have 3 devices running stock fw (2sticks and one tvbox)
pre-paired bluetooth dongle keyb/mouse combi from moterola on my second device also works

player911

Postby player911 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Mitchell4you. wrote:I use :
MS wireless mobile mouse 1000
This combi of dongle/mouse are pre-paired
So there no need for drivers/bluetooth manager to pair them

If you bought a bluetooth dongle and some sort of device all seperate
then you might need to install a bluetooth manager like: teksoftco blueinput

i have 3 devices running stock fw (2sticks and one tvbox)
pre-paired bluetooth dongle keyb/mouse combi from moterola on my second device also works

Those "pre-paired" devices that comes with a dongle are NOT bluetooth but rather a 2.4ghz Radio. Sorry for the confusion. In order to achieve bluetooth connectivity you need:

-Mk808
-Custom Firmware such as CM10
-Special USB-BT dongle
-Luck

I'm 50/50 on the above. ;)

mohnish82

Postby mohnish82 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm

My Dinovo mini works wonderful. Works out of the box. No drivers needed. Just plug the Dinovo's USB stick into the usb port and pair by selecting red buttons on usb stick and the keyboard back. That's it.

player911

Postby player911 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:45 pm

mohnish82 wrote:My Dinovo mini works wonderful. Works out of the box. No drivers needed. Just plug the Dinovo's USB stick into the usb port and pair by selecting red buttons on usb stick and the keyboard back. That's it.

I'm not sure how the Dinovo Mini keyboard works but it sounds like the MK808 sees it as a standard USB device vs a bluetooth. Since the Bluetooth stick is "preregistered" similar to a RF2.4Ghz device, I doubt you can pair additional BT devices such as a gamepad or BT Mouse (which is the objective).

Maxx57

Postby Maxx57 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 pm

I've rebuilt the kernel with what I thought was the bluetooth usb drivers, but I still don't have the bluetooth menu item in the android settings menu to turn it on or off. Does anyone know how to enable this menu item in Android? I thought the mere fact of adding the drivers and plugging in the bluetooth device would put the menu item in the settings. I "assumed" wrong.... Let me know how to enable bluetooth menu item in Android, the kernel I built should have the correct drivers...I think. I'm using the ASUS USB-BT211 v2.1+EDR device. and I enabled all the drivers in the make menuconfig that had to do with networking and bluetooth... What else do I need to do? Thanks for your help!
Embedded Tinkerer.

player911

Postby player911 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Maxx57 wrote:I've rebuilt the kernel with what I thought was the bluetooth usb drivers, but I still don't have the bluetooth menu item in the android settings menu to turn it on or off. Does anyone know how to enable this menu item in Android? I thought the mere fact of adding the drivers and plugging in the bluetooth device would put the menu item in the settings. I "assumed" wrong.... Let me know how to enable bluetooth menu item in Android, the kernel I built should have the correct drivers...I think. I'm using the ASUS USB-BT211 v2.1+EDR device. and I enabled all the drivers in the make menuconfig that had to do with networking and bluetooth... What else do I need to do? Thanks for your help!

Several Firmwares support and have the bluetooth options enabled. CM10 is one of them. Lewy's ICS firmware is another. I would start there and work on the kernel afterwards.

Not to be a downer, but several attempts have been made at people far better at it then I, who still haven't figured it out. They've tried kernel support, firmware support, and a little magic but still no solution.

Anyone who gets a working BT solution on the MK808 would be a God among Men in my Book.

I'ved screwed with pretty much every firmware/kernel combination and I've gotten closest with CM10 and Kies Kernel.

Best way to obtain this is to flash the Hybrid Rom (which includes the kernel) then UPGRADE to CM10. This will land you with the best combination that appeared to at least TRY to work. BTW I now own like 7 USB-Bluetooth dongles and none of them have worked.

chrisofnaki

Postby chrisofnaki » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:45 am

Has anyone tried Lewys BT support in the development thread?
Comes with kernel & guide!
Im not to fussed on BT but may just give it a crack!

Doofitator

Postby Doofitator » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Maxx57 wrote:I've rebuilt the kernel with what I thought was the bluetooth usb drivers, but I still don't have the bluetooth menu item in the android settings menu to turn it on or off. Does anyone know how to enable this menu item in Android? I thought the mere fact of adding the drivers and plugging in the bluetooth device would put the menu item in the settings. I "assumed" wrong.... Let me know how to enable bluetooth menu item in Android, the kernel I built should have the correct drivers...I think. I'm using the ASUS USB-BT211 v2.1+EDR device. and I enabled all the drivers in the make menuconfig that had to do with networking and bluetooth... What else do I need to do? Thanks for your help!

I know a way to access the bluetooth settings menu, but its not a short process.
I came across this topic looking for a solution, but found i can help using my experience with this issue.
If you download "Nova Launcher" ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cher&hl=en ), and put the "nova activities" widget on a launcher page (wether it be a nova launcher page or just a regular stock launcher page), you get access to almost all apps on the system.
On the popup list, find "settings", then click, and a sub-menu appears. Now scroll until you find the bluetooth settings pane, and click.
Now click the icon you have just created on your home screen, and settings > bluetooth will launch. Unfortunately, I have not got further that that, but I only have stock android, not CM10.

Good Luck :)

Return to “MK808”