Here the solution for Wifi problems of MK808

casainho

Here the solution for Wifi problems of MK808

Postby casainho » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am

Unsoldering the GND from original antena cables (on PCB), works!!

Hello. I tried a few things like use a 2 amps 5V power source and also use a USB extension cable for the RF dongle of the keyboard+mouse I am using, with the same result, I could connect to my Wifi network but it didn't work (pages and youtube didn't work). I also flashed some firmware, but still the problem of the Wifi.

Finally I decided to unsolder the GND from each original antena cables (unsolder on PCB) as reported before by ndriver81 (thank you man!!), FINALLY I get MK808 Wifi working!! I can watch now perfectly the youtube HD videos :-)
I use finless 1.4 firmware.

Thank you to everyone that tested and reported here. I am also reporting in the hope to help others with the same problem (I wish MK808 would be more "OpenSource").
Last edited by casainho on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rycspam

Re: Here the solution for Wifi problems of MK808

Postby rycspam » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Great info, casainho (and ndriver81).

I got similar massive functional improvement (in that WiFi isn't dropping after 2 min) by just taping over the GND contact pad of the bottom antenna (the one w pressure pins instead of solder).

Haven't unsoldered the other GND yet, so wifi is still at or below prev # of bars, but no drops yet.

-ray

bpvelloso

Postby bpvelloso » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks casainho!

I unsoldered GND, and the stability of signal is indeed better. The signal quality get worst, not significantly, and dont loses connection any more.

My router is a TPLink 1043 at 10m far, with walls, I get a -60db signal now, before unsolder the signal was little better, but the router loses connection always.

Now the connection drops to 18Mbps and remains usable(slow but usable, not 1Mbps no connection like before). It is slow but work for video, torrents and browser.

I will try put some antennas from an old PCI Wireless Card and post the result.

Thanks again.

casainho

Postby casainho » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 pm

bpvelloso wrote:My router is a TPLink 1043 at 10m far, with walls, I get a -60db signal now, before unsolder the signal was little better, but the router loses connection always.

My router is at less than 1 meter.

dudu

Postby dudu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Guys, what firmware version is installed on your devices?

casainho

Postby casainho » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

dudu wrote:Guys, what firmware version is installed on your devices?

Finless 1.4.

bpvelloso

Postby bpvelloso » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Stock Beta 2 Firmware from geekbuying update on 3th Nov.

bpvelloso

Postby bpvelloso » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am

Well, in the last days I tryed to run the device 24h/day, sharing torrents. Didnt work at all, the wifi stability is indeed better but it still dropping, making the device useless for this kind of use. In this weekend I will try to put some external antennas and post the result here.

By the way, and it can be a big "by the way", I changed the firmware for the 1080p firmware maybe that messed up my wireless.

Which firmware you guys think is better for the wifi tests?

I really think we can all use the same firmware, so in that way get better results to solve the wifi problem at once and all.

cristiudrea

Postby cristiudrea » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 am

Hello. I bought an android tv I installed mk808 mk808 Finless 1.5a ROM Root. The problem is that he sees the WiFi network but not connecting. I HG520B HUAWEI router works correctly for an android phone can connect to wifi. I've tried wifi antenna extended out but nothing. Please some help

bpvelloso

Postby bpvelloso » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

cristiudrea,

If your router only connects at 150mbps it will not work with mk808. Try change the allowed speeds in the router configuration.

cristiudrea

Postby cristiudrea » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't find in my router configuration allowed speed setting. I try all possibility but fail. How can i have internet connection on my android tv if wifi don't work? Maybe ethernet work" s . Who' s Know?

underdog

Postby underdog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm

and here is how to fix the WiFi issue of MK808B, the one with the Bluetooth

viewtopic.php?f=112&t=1563

pestul

Postby pestul » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am

Unfortunately, this method didn't completely fix the wifi on my Dealextreme MK808. It was completely unusable at first, so it did help, but the download speed is still too weak. For some strange reason, when I test the upload I can get 12+Mbps, but download (or anything incoming to the device for that matter), I rarely crack 1-1.5Mbps. It works properly when close to the router, but not in my living room even when reporting an excellent connection and 65Mbps in settings.

So I have two options now. I'll have to reconfigure my living room bridged router to repeat the wifi signal (may or may not work on my Atheros based DDWRT router). Or I'll have to get one of those usb to ethernet adapters and plug it into the bridge (which gets 12-25Mbps) and just hope for the best. :S

The unit is lovely and runs every bit of android software I throw at it, but the wifi is extremely disappointing.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but the model I'm using doesn't have a wire attaching the rear antenna but rather just too pins making contact. I tried putting electrical tape of the ground on that as well.. I believe that's what got me the high upload speeds. And maybe I botched the deground solder.. who knows.

Thanks for the help and instructions for this anyway btw.

Nyrican8721

Postby Nyrican8721 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Please assist if you can. I'm having a similar problem. I have great wifi signal and the browser is working however when I'm watching something a notification pops up " connection problem there has been a network error". like I said I can connect to the internet and runs no problem but in the middle of watching everything that notification pops up and it is extremely annoying. can anyone help me?

Return to “MK808”