MK 808 - USB Ethernet adapter not working / recognized by de

Thaddaeusmc

MK 808 - USB Ethernet adapter not working / recognized by de

Postby Thaddaeusmc » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Hey guys,

I've got a problem with the LevelOne USB0501 USB hub / Ethernet adapter. The USB hub function works fine. However, it doesn't seem to interact with the Ethernet interface. If I plug in the Ethernet cable, the LEDs neither light up nor can I enable Ethernet within the settings. When I try to do so, it just goes to off after approx. 3 sec. I think I might need the drivers for the Ethernet part to work. On Windows the drivers are called "SMSC LAN9500 USB". Also, I am using Finnless 1.5a rom.

Help please,
thanks

Thaddaeusmc

Re: MK 808 - USB Ethernet adapter not working / recognized b

Postby Thaddaeusmc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:24 pm

BUMP:

Okay, I pretty much figured out what the problem is: I am lacking the right drivers. I seem to need smsc95xx.c / smsc95xx.h from https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchip-r ... rs/net/usb.

I tried compiling them myself, however, even after reading into the material of loading the kernel and creating the modules, I just fail. I really have no experience with linux. I'd therefore like to ask if anybody who is reading this who knows how to compile dirvers and who has a bit of time to do so, if they could indeed help me out with compiling them. It would be greatly appreciated.

SNOOBY MOO

Postby SNOOBY MOO » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello, I have had a similar experience to you, i have bought 3 Ethernet adapters before i got the right one,

The 1st one i bought was white for £5.49 and did not connect ..(or even get recognized) by my mk808)

The 2nd one i bought was £3.25 and was see through blue, and did not work either.. but then i added the driver and it
worked BUT.. here is the big BUT, ..I only got 7mb download speed from it.

The 3rd i bought one from ebay at £9.98 and its supposed to be made for Android (Plug And Play) and it worked :D
No driver needed ..and i get my full Internet speed. (mine is 30mb with virgin) and i get 31mb with this ethernet dongle.
I think you get what you pay for and i am really happy with it.

Link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181180442059
Last edited by SNOOBY MOO on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BLACK WRAITH

Postby BLACK WRAITH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 am

Hey Snooby,

Thanks for the ups i was pulling my hair out over this.
I too bought one of those blue cheapo units and a white one as well, and both came with a cd with android drivers on.
It was not plug and play and i could not install the android drivers (well i did, but it dont work)
I tried your link and I received mine adapter '4 days ago' ;) plug and play and it works great on my mk808.
One thing i did notice though, if plugged into my 4 port usb adaper the internet speed is halfed.
So i always plug in stand alone usb socket full full speed.

:D :D :D

ADD

Postby ADD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:31 am

BLACK WRAITH wrote:... One thing i did notice though, if plugged into my 4 port usb adaper the internet speed is halfed.
So i always plug in stand alone usb socket full full speed.

:D :D :D

This is why you need to use a powered usb hub 8-)

bunjimun

Postby bunjimun » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 am

hi peeps, i got the £10 one you mentioned but every time i turn the ethernet on it turns itself straight back of again, im guessing its a rom issue, what rom do you guys use?

SNOOBY MOO

Postby SNOOBY MOO » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Any 'Finless Firmware' works a treat... :)

Gumbo

Postby Gumbo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:06 am

Hi guys, I've got the adaptor you suggested too I can't get it to work on my MK808B either.

The adaptor says VK-88772A USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adaptor on the side and it shows up as an Asix 88772 if I plug it into my PC.

When I plug it into my MK808B, nothing happens. It doesn't detect at all. If I try using the Ethernet On/Off in settings, it flips to on, and then back off after about 5 seconds. Nothing elese appears on the screen like IP address etc. If I try to use the check box in the ethernet settings, it doesn't even stay on for 5 seconds, it just immediately flips off.

My MK808B is running Finless 1.7
I have WiFi switched off.
I am plugging the adaptor into the main (big) usb port but I've tried it in the other ports too and it makes no difference.
I'm not using any other usb device in between the connection, I just have a network cable from my router to the adaptor and straight into the MK808B.
I tried using the connction direct from my modem into the adaptor (not using the router) and it makes no difference.

The only other device I have plugged into the MK808B is the reciver dongle for my wireless keyboard. The USB port on my MK808B isn't damaged as I can plug the keyboard dongle into it and it works fine.
I don't think the adaptor is damaged as it shows up immediately when I plug it into my PC.
I'm powering the MK808B from the mains adaptor that came with it.

Can anyone help?

deeteem

Postby deeteem » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Quick note, my mk808 was also doing this (sliding itself to 'off' when turning it on, usually turned to off in about 3 seconds as well.) I hate to post this, but feel I must, in case anyone else does this, too. Upon unplugging the mk808 one day, when plugging it back in, I had inadvertently plugged the power adapter to the OTG, and the ethernet dongle (blue) to the power adapter (not OTG) - this was literally the cause of the ethernet shutting off after 3 seconds. I had been searching to find the solution, saw this forum, and I note this switching off of the ethernet is very similar to what I experienced (frustrating!), but my issue has been resolved by (doh!) plugging everything in correctly. lol. Mine definitely was not a driver issue.

Return to “MK808”