MK808 newest firmware release

Player1

Re: MK808 newest firmware release

Postby Player1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 pm

The flash_tool_1.5 downloaded from here does not work.
http://uploading.com/files/get/9747bebb/flash%2Btool%2B1.5.rar

1. At start up it says configuration file missing.
2. When selecting the firmware it just crashes.

Please advice.

Edit: The download above is provided by this guide

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2012/09/28/mk808-mini-pc-new-factory-firmware-release/

seachicken

Postby seachicken » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 am

I got the same "Config file not found." error.

I found this solution to it on the web in Japanese that worked for me:

The stuff unpacks into a folder with a name in Chinese characters.
Change the name of this folder so that it only contains ASCII characters.

pck808

Postby pck808 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 am

I flashed the previous rooted JB firmware and installed over 100 Apps.

Before I rush in and reflash with the latest and reinstall everything again, can anyone confirm if the microphone/sound problem has been fixed yet.

In other words, does this new firmware work with either a webcam with builtin microphone OR a USB sound device (with a microphone via 3.5MM plug) to allow SKYPE to make a video call with voice.

Any Camera App yet?

geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

Hi guys:

i am back with lastest news, i push factory to add the USB camera update on the new firmware, they will release a new firmware for MK808 these days,and will release a list for supported webcam model. so MK808 will support webcam after the update, then skype video chat will work well.

Just wait for my update.

thanks

joe9002

Postby joe9002 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

geekbuying please tell them about our wifi mods and how crap there antenna are please, then make them release the kernel so we can finaly fix some stuff they cant.

stelin

Postby stelin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am

geekbuying wrote:Hi guys:

i am back with lastest news, i push factory to add the USB camera update on the new firmware, they will release a new firmware for MK808 these days,and will release a list for supported webcam model. so MK808 will support webcam after the update, then skype video chat will work well.

Just wait for my update.

thanks

What about the black screen problem, it's very quiet about it although amounts of the promises.
Why not solve problems waited longest before add new features.
webcam? how do you think we use it on a black screen

jarno

Postby jarno » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Have you tried to update the firmware of your tv ?
I originally had a black screen with LG50PK350, but after flashing the newest firmware to telly it miraculously started to work like a charm with my MK808 :)
Also, no wifi-issues here, steady 65 MB connection (Finless Bob 1.5a ROM and Dovado 4GR router). And I can confirm that both video and sound as well as microphone works beautifully with an old Microsoft Lifecam (Model 1407) http://tinyurl.com/MSvx800
And so does Skype.

-Jarno, Finland

a.alekizoglou

Postby a.alekizoglou » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 pm

geekbuying,

we need to know what to do with the wifi, which is still an issue. Even if we try to use an external usb->wifi adapter, which should not be the case since MK808 provides wifi, not all of them are working. Please note that using an external wifi dongle is a temporary solution that some of us turned to since the MK80's wifi is not working correctly at least right now.

I tried a newer realtek based chipset (rtl8188su), but it seems something is wrong, maybe realtek's firmware in kernel need an update.

can you check with the manufacturer for the new firmware to update realtek to correctly understand rtl8088cus. This is a newer chipset based on rtl8192cu. See here

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=231&p=3011#p3011

Thanks,
Last edited by a.alekizoglou on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jamesbond007

Postby jamesbond007 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

@Geekbuying,

Will they fix the USB LAN networking connection too? After restart I have to disable USB LAN Network connection and enable it again to get it working.
Thanks

salundy

Postby salundy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello,

even support for at least 5.1 surround sound would be well.
It seems there is missing the correctly driver to put out the surround 5.1 & 7.1 sound over HDMI from DTS AC3 AAC sources.
Somebody of us have it tested with several videoplayers, but no one could output really surround sound.
It will be only mixed down to stereo PCM 2.0.
Please let the manufacture update the sound drivers.

Thanks

lewy20041

Postby lewy20041 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm

try android 4.0 ics build its perfectly conect to internet at startup. i had the same problem on jb
Everything is possible if we work together!

jamesbond007

Postby jamesbond007 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:45 pm

@lewy20041, a fix for 4.1 would be nicer. Never go back when it needs to :D

craleu

Postby craleu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm

stelin wrote:

Just wait for my update.

thanks

SOLVE BLANK SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please! Or return our money!

BooLE

Postby BooLE » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 am

craleu wrote:
stelin wrote:

Just wait for my update.

thanks

SOLVE BLANK SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please! Or return our money!

I assume you know that geekbuying has his blog, and webshop, and this forum is owned by deadhp1. Most of us here are owner of devices trying to get best out of them. Also some great people joined that have knowledge and willingness to bring something new in the development section.

Geekbuying is a reseller and he just can't fix something that factor has to do. If you need to solve issues I propose that you claim your warranty and go in direct contact with reseller that you bought your device from, and if you want to yell go to manufacturer and yell at them.

craleu

Postby craleu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

BooLE wrote:
Geekbuying is a reseller and he just can't fix something that factor has to do. If you need to solve issues I propose that you claim your warranty and go in direct contact with reseller that you bought your device from, and if you want to yell go to manufacturer and yell at them.

Chill the hell out dude.

We know who Geekbuying is, as they have directed most of us here with our complaints!
Geekbuying has changed the specs on there website because of this forum.
They have also provided links/videos/etc to fitness as well.
Its the simple fact, that the company will not accept its a problem, and WONT offer refunds for the display issue, only offer replacement, a replacement wont fix a firmware problem....

It needs to not be forgotten that it is an issue, and most be kept up... Adding more features to a device that does not even work is not the way to sell more units...

drx

Postby drx » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm

geekbuying wrote:Hi guys,
just want to tell you guys, these days we are working hard to talk with factory ,and report the bugs for you guys mentions.
about some guy talking that no hdmi display on some hdtv, they have known the problem,and will fix it in next firmware.
also for stretch and wifi problem, we are still talking with them, once we know the problem, we will fix it as soon as possible.
Just a update for you guys!
Also because we get a lot of orders recently, our staff are working 24 hours to processing orders now, but still can't ship all orders very fast, we hope you understand. guys.
Again,thanks for the great forum,and thanks for you guys!

geekbuying wrote:today i have asked the mk808 factory engineer come to my office again,and tell them the mainly problem remain for MK808,
1) some tv don't have signal when connect with MK808;
2) wifi still drops on some customers' report.
i have even borrowed them a NEW 42" TV for them to test,lol, i hope they can find the problem,and solve the problem for us as soon as possible,
and another update, now if you order MK808 from geekbuying.com,you will directly get the newest firmware
thanks for all of you guys for all the report! you guys rock!

Thanks to geekbuying first.

I know that I can geekbuying mere reseller

I'm looking at day-to-day month and a half, the BBS of purchasing
The reason is the black screen problem
not yet use once mk808

I do not know the first black screen problem
I had to replace manufacturer defective Kimdecent think
I'm know that people have the same problem with the BBS and then

In the words of geekbuying I was able to have a hope in the
Wifi problem just leave the topic later but
I feel cheated but very bad for him :(
People have this problem I'm sure is going to have to think the same thing

I can buy another model sold quickly if problems can not be solved this kernel(software).

llewelld

Postby llewelld » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Geekbuying...

Please +1 factory to add 1:1 1080p (1920x1080) support.

It is very deceptive that you advertise these units as 1080p & have an option to set 720p or 1080p with HDMI switcher, when all that is happening is the screen resolution remains the same @ 1280x672, but the HDMI signal changes, so the image is identical.

If this device had proper / true 1080p, not upscaled 720p ,this would be a killer device.

The wifi issue is easily fixed with a bit of wire soldered onto antenna.. but this needs new display driver to fix.

Thanks.

geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 pm

hi guys:

I am sorry that i don't check this post these days, and i don't know some of guys are very angry for this. i am always keep talking with mk808 factory, we report the blank screen and wifi drops problem, all what we want to do is making all of of customers happy with our service, yes, we are not the factory, but we sell this device to you, so we have responsibility to make your device work.

Now the main complaint for MK808 is:
1) blank screen
2) Wifi drops
3) real 1080P

1)the blank screen problem is just happen in some of the tv, i have reported this problem to factory very early, and i also give them the list you guys get for blank screen, their engineer tell us, because some of tv can work ,but some can't, they should check all of the blank tv list, and find some similar place for those tv and check if they can do. till now, still no answer, guys, i know,it is upset when see other people have good device, but yours are blank screen, we are not escape the problem, we ALLOW to return for full refund or replace to another model, WE ARE NOT THE SELLER WHO JUST WANT MONEY, WE CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS, We spent half of our time to talk with different factory, to report problem, find problem,solve problem and find better tv stick for you guys!

2) WIFI drops, i appearicate some guy have give me PM for this detail, and i have just communicated with factory, i think it won't be a hard thing to fix, i will push them to release another firmware;

3) real 1080p problem. I also know the problem after you guys report, and after long time research, i find now all of the tv stick in market have this problem, see it is the problem for rockchip, and as far as i know, now the NEO G4 factory are working on this, they said on the end of Nov, they will release an android 4.1 update, and which can support real 1080p, and once there is one factory fix the problem, all of the other factory can copy this, and update on their device, we will see it.

Again, we are also got some complaint for shipping is slow than usual, because now it is christmas time, we get so many orders than before, our people now worked 24 hours a day to make sure the package can be shipped out in time. and we will arrange a lot of items to be shipped to our oversea warehouse, so you can get package fast.

We do what we can do to make sure you get best customer service and best product, we also need our customer understand us and support us!

thanks!

RexpecT

Postby RexpecT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 am

Thanks again geekbuying, it is good to see that you are not just want our money, but provide a great customer service too.
In long term, you will be earn advantage from this attitude.

alx000

Postby alx000 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 am

all i want is 1080p...

Return to “MK808”