USB-HHD spin down

Biont

USB-HHD spin down

Postby Biont » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm

I have a 1TB drive connected to my MK808 with apowered usb hub.
My problem is that it never seems to suspend the drive when it's not in use.

So either there's always some random access going on in the background (mediaserver?) or android just does not spin down usb drives.

Any tips on how to solve this? I threw a .nomedia file in the drive's root and disabled the ftp server I used to be running. Both did not help. It would be a shame if I couldn't use a HDD because it could die a lot faster that way :?

evildave

Re: USB-HHD spin down

Postby evildave » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:29 am

well, looking for a ".nomedia" file is also some kind of access ;)

Had once a pendrive connected to an android device, could also see frequent data access

Biont

Postby Biont » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 am

evildave wrote:well, looking for a ".nomedia" file is also some kind of access ;)

Hehe, true.
I put it there because I don't want android to index anything at all. I just need my movies folder which I can access from a shortcut.
But I thought I'd mention it if only to rule that possibility out and save people time.

To isolate the problem, I plugged the drive in the full-size port instead of the hub, but if (maybe among other things) some constant access is stopping the drive from sleeping, I highly doubt this will do much to help.

zlatko

Postby zlatko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:20 am

Did someone solve this by now? Because it makes no sense to have the HDD spinning all the time with no reason.

Return to “MK808”