MK808 Quick Review

DogB

Re: MK808 Quick Review

Postby DogB » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:14 am

Chinese manufacturers just don't get it. Most people do not need specs, just out of the box functionality. Make one good model, that is optimized for one version of Android, make some cheap webcam that works out of the box with a decent video quality. Make hardware/software on off switch. Test the units extensively before shipping, and fix the problems you find. Make firmware updates for the problems users find (do this just for one year). Is that too much to ask?

mrspin

Postby mrspin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 am

DogB wrote:Chinese manufacturers just don't get it. Most people do not need specs, just out of the box functionality. Make one good model, that is optimized for one version of Android, make some cheap webcam that works out of the box with a decent video quality. Make hardware/software on off switch. Test the units extensively before shipping, and fix the problems you find. Make firmware updates for the problems users find (do this just for one year). Is that too much to ask?

Totally agree. I bought an Ainol aurora tablet earlier this year and despite good component specs, it was too immature and should not have been released due to all the issues. I have lost count now about the number of firmwares i have flashed to it. Not good. When will they learn?

alexinc

Postby alexinc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am

mrspin wrote:Not good. When will they learn?

...when we stop buying their products or send the faulty units back!

kmunir

Postby kmunir » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Guys,

I think we should be a little more patient. Just consider the amount of money we have spent on this, hardly $60-65. Although I totally agree with all of you that they should resolve the problems but just consider that they have alreadt released a firmware update for JB (which at least is working almost perfectly for me). Since it was their national week no one there has been working. I am pretty sure we will get more support from Geekbuying and the manufacturer when work resumes there (from coming Monday). So just chill out till then :)

mrspin

Postby mrspin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am

kmunir wrote:Hi Guys,

I think we should be a little more patient. Just consider the amount of money we have spent on this, hardly $60-65. Although I totally agree with all of you that they should resolve the problems but just consider that they have alreadt released a firmware update for JB (which at least is working almost perfectly for me). Since it was their national week no one there has been working. I am pretty sure we will get more support from Geekbuying and the manufacturer when work resumes there (from coming Monday). So just chill out till then :)

the point is why release a product with known flaws which predominantly involve multiple firmware flashes? also it either works with wireless N or is doesn't. I'm not in the habit of repeatedly messing anymore with these devices as I have other things to do with my life - regardless of whether it is worth $30 or $300.

craleu

Postby craleu » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:35 am

Is there any word on the TV resolution issues?
Really sad this thing got here today and only works on my 21inch PC monitor and nether of my tvs in my house.

Hopfully we can get a img flash that will change it :(

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:08 pm

The factory doesn't open back up till the 9th. I've compiled a list of bugs that NEED to get fixed. Hopefully we'll be seeing that soon.

I took my MK808 and UG802 with me to walmart yesterday and tested on several hdtv's. The results for the mk808 were not good.
I tested on 6 different manufacturer 1080p hdtv's and only 2 worked with the MK808. The rest were just blank.
I tested on 9 720p hdtv's and only 6 worked with the MK808. The remaining 3 had the black display again.
I also tested the UG802 on the same hdtv's. It worked on all of them.
It's a shame because I really like the MK808, but the problems with the wireless and resolution have made mine into a rom tester and backup device.
My UG802's are little workhorses for now of course they have problems with wifi signal.(my mk808 gets great signal, but connects at a low speed and the wifi has been known to goto sleep)

fxpilot

Postby fxpilot » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:18 pm

ON the mk808 it goes into battery save mode
so I use Wakelock installed from market to keep all from battery save mode since we have no battery.

Using WiFI Fixer from market also to auto keep connection simply installed it, and it auto runs does fix's on its own.

added in WiFi high performace widget installed from market to force High speed mode in WiFi just put it on my desktop to swith it on / off.

Tested with speedtest.net and the above has me at 22mbps down and faster with 3.2mbps up
Set WiFi policy for sleep never when pluged in.

My screen would go to sleep after 3min so I used Elixir 2 from market to change the timeout of screen
Used Display in Elixir 2 to change timeout to never.
the firmware has these bugs from what I see
Last edited by fxpilot on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShuttleMunky

Postby ShuttleMunky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:26 pm

fxpilot wrote:ON the mk808 it goes into battery save mode so I use Wakelock to keep all from battery save mode since we have no battery.
Using WiFI Fixer from market also to auto keep connection
added in WiFi high performace widget to force High speed mode in WiFi
Tested with speedtest.net and the above has me at 22mbps down and faster with 3.2mbps up

My screen would go to sleep after 3min so I used Elixir 2 from market to change the timeout of screen

Seems like you sorted most of the stuff out with apps. What is your solution to resolution problem and what version of firmware are you using?

jazzman

Postby jazzman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:00 am

fxpilot wrote:ON the mk808 it goes into battery save mode so I use Wakelock to keep all from battery save mode since we have no battery.
Using WiFI Fixer from market also to auto keep connection
added in WiFi high performace widget to force High speed mode in WiFi

Can you post a more detailed guide? My MK808 is back in its box because of these issues........

szantinge

Postby szantinge » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am

I ordered mine at geekbuying. Im from the Netherlands (europe) and I must say I got it really quick. It was shipped and delivered in 10 business days, no taxes or whatsoever.

Update: I ordered it on 24-9, it got shipped on 26-9; I received it on 9-10.
Last edited by szantinge on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpEnTBoY

Postby SpEnTBoY » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Here's hoping! I ordered a couple on the 11th and it says "processing" ... I'd be happy if it was before Halloween :D

funkymonk666

Postby funkymonk666 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

SpEnTBoY wrote:Here's hoping! I ordered a couple on the 11th and it says "processing" ... I'd be happy if it was before Halloween :D

I order one on the 6th. Still processing... Geekbuying, what is going on?

betunyo

Postby betunyo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 am

funkymonk666 wrote:
SpEnTBoY wrote:Here's hoping! I ordered a couple on the 11th and it says "processing" ... I'd be happy if it was before Halloween :D

I order one on the 6th. Still processing... Geekbuying, what is going on?

The situation is the same in my case. (I ordered my MK808 on 8th and still "processing") Yesterday I wrote an email and I got an reply today. They shipped it on 15th. I hope it will arrive soon.

Jarrean

Postby Jarrean » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am

szantinge wrote:I ordered mine at geekbuying. Im from the Netherlands (europe) and I must say I got it really quick. It was shipped and delivered in 10 business days, no taxes or whatsoever.

Update: I ordered it on 24-9, it got shipped on 26-9; I received it on 9-10.

I'm from the netherlands aswell, I ordered mine 26-9, it got shipped 28-9. And its still shipping, I hope it won't take too long..

geekbuying

Postby geekbuying » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 am

Hi guys:

We are so sorry for slow shipping recently ,because we really sell so many mk808 these days,and the factory don't have enough stock some days ago, they have to produce again,and now we get stock ,and all of your orders will be ship fast.

till now, other seller in china still can't get this MK808 in stock, so if you find other "good" price ,and want to buy,please make sure they can show you that you really have stock ;)

SpEnTBoY

Postby SpEnTBoY » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:24 am

geekbuying wrote:Hi guys:

We are so sorry for slow shipping recently ,because we really sell so many mk808 these days,and the factory don't have enough stock some days ago, they have to produce again,and now we get stock ,and all of your orders will be ship fast.

Any ideas on when things will ship? My order still says processing although I ordered other stuff as well. Do you wait until you can fill the whole order?

rainlake

Postby rainlake » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm

SpEnTBoY wrote:
geekbuying wrote:Hi guys:

Any ideas on when things will ship? My order still says processing although I ordered other stuff as well. Do you wait until you can fill the whole order?

you guy should know there was 8 days holiday from 10/1 in china.

SpEnTBoY

Postby SpEnTBoY » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 pm

rainlake wrote:you guy should know there was 8 days holiday from 10/1 in china.

yeah I think I read that back in the forums somewhere also. They also mentioned they were short on stock with the current demand so more than anything I was checking to see if they had an update on availability and on how they shipped because I ordered a whack of stuff and not just a couple MK808s ;) it would be awesome of they showed up right after or just in time for the new firmware :D

dav_id

Google Play Music rotation problem.

Postby dav_id » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 am

I have rotation issue with my Google Play Music, some time it doesn't rotate to the landscape mode.
It look like portrait mode that stretch to landscape view...it look weird & the setting option is missing.
Sometime it work perfectly, someone don't..

Any one have the same issue? & how can I force it to be in landscape?

Return to “MK808”