Reflash instructions for MK808??

bbls

Reflash instructions for MK808??

Postby bbls » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:11 pm

This is the most newbie of all questions but I've been searching this board for a while and don't see what to do. Googling doesn't help much either. Maybe there should be a sticky thread?

Anyway I have an MK808 being used as a TV browser, and I'd like to upgrade it to 1080HD. I've downloaded mk808_1416mhz_1080p.zip but have no clue about how to actually install it onto the stick. I tried plugging the stick into my PC's USB port hoping to see a file system, but that would be too simple. (The zip contains a .IMG file and I get the impression I'm supposed to replace an existing file on the stick with the one from the zip).

Is there a page someplace that says how to get started doing this? Is there even a way to get a shell on the stick?

I'm pretty comfortable with Linux and have access to a Windows laptop, but I don't know anything about this TV or Android stuff. I've never even used an Android phone.

Thanks.

loyejdmpw

Re: Reflash instructions for MK808??

Postby loyejdmpw » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 pm

bbls wrote:This is the most newbie of all questions but I've been searching this board for a while and don't see what to do. Googling doesn't help much either. Maybe there should be a sticky thread?

Anyway I have an MK808 being used as a TV browser, and I'd like to upgrade it to 1080HD. I've downloaded mk808_1416mhz_1080p.zip but have no clue about how to actually install it onto the stick. I tried plugging the stick into my PC's USB port hoping to see a file system, but that would be too simple. (The zip contains a .IMG file and I get the impression I'm supposed to replace an existing file on the stick with the one from the zip).

Is there a page someplace that says how to get started doing this? Is there even a way to get a shell on the stick?

I'm pretty comfortable with Linux and have access to a Windows laptop, but I don't know anything about this TV or Android stuff. I've never even used an Android phone.

Thanks.

The same with me

kozmo2k4

Postby kozmo2k4 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:23 pm

bbls wrote: I've downloaded mk808_1416mhz_1080p.zip but have no clue about how to actually install it onto the stick.

Where did you download that ZIP from (maybe the instructions are there too...) ?
What other files/folder are inside that ZIP?
If it is only the ".img" file, you'll need the "RKxx_flash_tool" (or Finless Bob's Flash tool; look over at Freaktab.com).
If there is a "META-INF" folder inside the ZIP besides the ".img" file, it needs to be flashed via Clocworkmod Recovery, given you already have it installed on your MK808...

Veronica

Postby Veronica » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Watch "[HOW-TO] Flash a Custom ROM from Stock Factory ROM in the MK808/B" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDFmP8sXNk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “MK808”