Ethernet adapter: No internet connection

iantresman

Ethernet adapter: No internet connection

Postby iantresman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I added a "USB to RJ45 Android Ethernet Adapter" which initially worked, but now shows "No Internet Connection" on the status bar.

It will "enable" and the static IP address settings are showing, and the time is read from the network. I'm sure all the settings, gateway, DNS are correct as I use them elsewhere. I've different cables and restarted the router.

A side effect is that the Wi-Fi will no longer enable, even when I disconnect the Ethernet adapter and mains powered 4-way USB hub.

iantresman

Re: Ethernet adapter: No internet connection

Postby iantresman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:49 pm

I've now got the Wi-Fi working, after doing a Factory reset (Settings | Backup & Reset, Factory data reset).

demokedes

Postby demokedes » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:29 am

I have the same situation. With wifi everything is woking fine, with ethernet is showing No internet connections. Internet connections is woking, but I think the speed is not as it should be.
Any idea?

dheerajjotwani

Postby dheerajjotwani » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 am

Moreover the ethernet needs to be cycled off and then on on every reboot to get it back to working

tapped on Note II cdma

demokedes

Postby demokedes » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:19 pm

dheerajjotwani wrote:Moreover the ethernet needs to be cycled off and then on on every reboot to get it back to working

tapped on Note II cdma

Why is that so? Will it be repaired in next releases?
I also have feeling that with ethernet is working slower than with wifi. How should I test that?

Return to “MK808”