ANDROID XBMC HW ACCELERATION

gformica

ANDROID XBMC HW ACCELERATION

Postby gformica » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Hello,
Just installed the latest Android XBMC build and unfortunately there is still no hardware acceleration available for the MK808.
This means I have to go back to using the External player fix.
I am having a problem with this fix. Every time I stop playing a video file while in a specific addon, an example being 1channel, the XBMC app crashes and I start at the XBMC home screen again. I then have to navigate back into the addon.
I have read that some people do not experience this when using an external player in XBMC. I am wondering if this is only happening with the MK808.

Any help or ideas would be great.
Thanks.
G.F

Maxmiz

Re: ANDROID XBMC HW ACCELERATION

Postby Maxmiz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm

I installed the latest version of Xbmx without MX player works perfectly.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/androi ... bi-v7a.apk

More I use the 1.4 kernel 2Dark4U (1080p) mode "Gouvernor Performance" and Xbmx works like a rocket ;)

xboxhacker

Re: ANDROID XBMC HW ACCELERATION

Postby xboxhacker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:52 pm

I have also use XBMC on the MK808. SD plays just fine. 720p shutters, on some movies its almost acceptable....almost.
I had to use the MX external player to get it to work good. I have also tired other external players, they all sucked!! MX was the only one that worked well!

-TPlayer
-Vplayer
-Dice Player
I forget the rest...LOL

Some nightly builds of XBMC have something called LibStageFright. Its experimental hardware acceleration. I couldn't make it work for me. Their is also a LibStageFright that forces SW decoding...still no go!

Here is a custom build of XBMC for andorid, it has all the good plugins already installed and has the playercorefactory.xml file ready to use MX as the external player. You can download both XBMC and the MX player from the MK808 browser in the link below.
http://www.xbmcandroid.com/forums/installing-xbmc-android/374.htm

Return to “MK808”