Can the Roku Game Remote pair with Android?

awp0

Can the Roku Game Remote pair with Android?

Postby awp0 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi all,

Looking for a good wireless gyro remote to play Angry Birds with my kids, on my MK808B. I bought a cheap $16 one from China and it works but it's not quite sensitive enough. Quick question: does anyone know if you can pair the Roku Game Remote (bluetooth-based gyro remote) to Android, to be used as a wireless mouse controller? My parents have a Roku and I remember being impressed by the Angry Birds experience with that remote.

Any other recommendations? I'm also looking at the RC9 and RC11. Any experience with these playing Angry Birds and other games?

Thanks,
Aaron

awp0

Re: Can the Roku Game Remote pair with Android?

Postby awp0 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks. I ended up ordering an RC9 since I really just want it for gaming. Hopefully it'll work well.

player911

Re: Can the Roku Game Remote pair with Android?

Postby player911 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

That RC9 looks awesome. The RC11 is great because it has a keyboard, which is essential IMO, but the size of the RC9 is great just for general use. I don't know if I would like having to use the onscreen keyboard.

I personally owned the RC11 and the iPazzPort:
http://www.amazon.com/iPazzPort-2-4GHz- ... B006OW1J1M

The iPazzPort is small and mimics the iPhone 4 in size and design. It actually has lots of awesome options such as a rechargeable battery, backlit buttons, IR-TV remote, and small footprint. The downside is the buttons are plastic and didn't have a good feel typing... but it works for URLs and logins.

I gave the iPazzPort to my dad to use with his MK808 because it was a little nicer IMO to the RC11 because you can control the TV functions, type at night, and not worry about batteries.

The RC11 has a good feel in the hand and the rubber keyboard feels good to type with. They all work excellent as basic air mice and neither were any better then the other in this regard.

Return to “MK808”