MK808 no signal or blank screen on certain HDTVs

bigdaddy012678

Re: MK808 no signal or blank screen on certain HDTVs

Postby bigdaddy012678 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm

@MK808 lover,
I have tried 5 different power supplys that are 5W/2A with no success. I believe it has something to do with the default resolution that it is outputting to the TV. The reason I say that is a newer LG displays "Invalid Format" on the screen when the MK808B is plugged in.

I use the power supply that came with it, which is 5W/2A (MK808B) in combination with the logitech revue and it works on all the tv sets. Just need to know what magic the revue is doing to hdmi signal that is making it work.

I am trying to find an upscaler or upconverter that will manipulate the output that is compatable with the tv to mimic what the logitec revue is accomplishing.

Thanks,
Bigdaddy

lionsh

Postby lionsh » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm

I tried the last firmware (301) - still blank screen on my Sharp tv's.
Any one had any good news with the latest fw?

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Just to let you all know. I just build a custom kernel which fixed this problem. It gives a perfect image on my LCD monitor using the factory HDMI cable. Up until now this monitor only showed a blank screen. I'll upload the kernel tomorrow morning!

[Update] I don't want to double post, so see here for more details on the custom kernel.
For updates please visit www.omegamoon.com
A big round of applause to yobikap for donating a MK808 and tonikasch for donating a MK808B!

If you like what I'm doing, consider a small donation by clicking the "Donate" button on my website

craleu

Re: Sv: MK808 no signal or blank screen on certain HDTVs

Postby craleu » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

peep wrote:Since people say it solves the black screen issue using an active hdmi repeater/extender, could it be that the MK808 doesn´t have enough power to drive the hdmi output for some tv models?

I bought a passive repeater but that didn´t make any difference, tried a new cable and now I´m on the lookout for a powered extender alternatively an hdmi voltage inserter to see if that helps..

Yes its a known fact the MK808 does not supply enough power to the HDMI end. Also the mini connector that comes with the MK808 has been known to be faulty as well.

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 pm

In my experience it is software related. I tried to use it on a PC monitor countless times, and it didn't work. With the custom kernel mentioned in my previous post the device works. No adapters, no repeaters, nothing. Just the standard HDMI cable connected to the monitor. Works flawless. Give it a try!
A big round of applause to yobikap for donating a MK808 and tonikasch for donating a MK808B!

If you like what I'm doing, consider a small donation by clicking the "Donate" button on my website

Sandeep

Postby Sandeep » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 am

Omegamoon wrote:Just to let you all know. I just build a custom kernel which fixed this problem. It gives a perfect image on my LCD monitor using the factory HDMI cable. Up until now this monitor only showed a blank screen. I'll upload the kernel tomorrow morning!

[Update] I don't want to double post, so see here for more details on the custom kernel.

Thanks for that kernel , Finally I can see picture on my TV after 1 months of trying different firmwares and kernels ...
One new problem I am not getting sound on my device

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 am

Sandeep wrote:
Omegamoon wrote:Just to let you all know. I just build a custom kernel which fixed this problem. It gives a perfect image on my LCD monitor using the factory HDMI cable. Up until now this monitor only showed a blank screen. I'll upload the kernel tomorrow morning!

Thanks for that kernel , Finally I can see picture on my TV after 1 months of trying different firmwares and kernels ...
One new problem I am not getting sound on my device

Great to hear that this finally worked for you also. Hopefully more people can confirm that this works, and by doing so, confirm that this is software related.
In regards to the sound issue. I'm having the same issue here, so I'm on it ;)

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 am

I've uploaded a new kernel over here. This should fix the sound issue

mitchb

Postby mitchb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Confirmed working with my Sharp!

Yes finally it work , after trying everything, it wasn't power I try the powered repeater and it didn't fix the problem.

Great Job Omegamoon!

Cheers!

bigdaddy012678

Postby bigdaddy012678 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Hey Omega,
Great work on this kernel. Is there any chance you could make the same kernel that would work on the MK808B? I have the same identical problem that you had with the MK808.

Thanks,
bigdaddy012678

craleu

Postby craleu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Omegamoon wrote:I've uploaded a new kernel over here. This should fix the sound issue

Confirmed working.
but lose usb sound :(

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm

bigdaddy012678 wrote:Hey Omega,
Great work on this kernel. Is there any chance you could make the same kernel that would work on the MK808B? I have the same identical problem that you had with the MK808.

Thanks,
bigdaddy012678
Hmm, from what I understand, deadhp1 has tried to build a kernel for the MK808B and he had trouble getting Wifi working. I don't have a MK808B, so I can't test if it works, which makes things very hard.

Sandeep

Postby Sandeep » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Omegamoon wrote:I've uploaded a new kernel over here. This should fix the sound issue

Thanks for the update. But with this kernel I again loose picture, so rolled back to previous no sound kernel.
Will check regularly for new updates. Thanks again for making a working kernel.
You can't believe how much happy I am, I even posted an advt on ebay for resell of this item on previous day but now happy with it.
Just in Time, took that advt down :mrgreen:

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

Sandeep wrote:

Thanks for the update. But with this kernel I again loose picture, so rolled back to previous no sound kernel.
You can't believe how much happy I am, I even posted an advt on ebay for resell of this item on previous day but now happy with it.

This is weird. Seems more like a timing issue in your case, since the last kernel works for most of us. I'll try to set a retry value. If setting the HDMI port is unsuccessful then I just give it another try (or another), just to see if that helps.

Apart from that. With the last (non-working) kernel update, are you able to connect to the device using 'adb'? Would be nice if you could provide the debug logs (dmesg) to see what happens!

craleu

Postby craleu » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Screen and USB sound both working now!

Thanks Omegamoon!

You should talk to finless and get this incorporated into his rom work!
These two things together would make the MK808 amazing (and does!)

Sandeep

Postby Sandeep » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 am

Omegamoon wrote:
Sandeep wrote:

This is weird. Seems more like a timing issue in your case, since the last kernel works for most of us. I'll try to set a retry value. If setting the HDMI port is unsuccessful then I just give it another try (or another), just to see if that helps.

Apart from that. With the last (non-working) kernel update, are you able to connect to the device using 'adb'? Would be nice if you could provide the debug logs (dmesg) to see what happens!

I am not tech savvy, so may be posting a debugging report is not possible or will take some time.
Awaiting for your next update.
I am thinking about connecting usb soundcard to get the sound and use microphone. Has anybody tried using usb soundcard :?:

uk46

Postby uk46 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:18 am

great work !!

Is there any chance that you might extend your 'trick' of fixing black screen to 1080p ? I've got a beamer with big screen and it would look much better at 4x resolution.

Thanks in advance ....

yatin2610

Postby yatin2610 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:02 am

Hi Omega

Its a great work and thanks.
I have been waiting for the fix for past 4 months.. With your kernel i can able to see the HD output on my toshiba tv.

Omegamoon

Postby Omegamoon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 am

uk46 wrote:great work !!

Is there any chance that you might extend your 'trick' of fixing black screen to 1080p ? I've got a beamer with big screen and it would look much better at 4x resolution.

Thanks in advance ....
I checked, and I did set the resolution to a fixed 1080p. I don't know for sure, but I think I read somewhere that you need to make a small adjustment in Android to get full 1080p as well.

Anyone recall what needs changed in Android?

Return to “MK808”