MK808 no signal or blank screen on certain HDTVs

Fordee

Re: MK808 no signal or blank screen on certain HDTVs

Postby Fordee » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:10 am

drx wrote:hi. Fordee
It's a wonderful suggestion
The work should be original manufacturer but :roll:

Which I guess is good bin and txt files can be saved?

Thanks a lot DrX... Did your mk808 show a blank screen on this TV, or did it work? (with stock or otherwise rom?)

I'll be posting my own shortly.. These files can provide info so when a new kernel is developed, the HDMI can be instructed how to 'talk' to different displays at the hardware level better (negotiate capabilities, etc).. for better compatibility.

Fordee.

drx

Postby drx » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:45 am

Fordee wrote:Thanks a lot DrX... Did your mk808 show a blank screen on this TV, or did it work? (with stock or otherwise rom?)

I'll be posting my own shortly.. These files can provide info so when a new kernel is developed, the HDMI can be instructed how to 'talk' to different displays at the hardware level better (negotiate capabilities, etc).. for better compatibility.

Fordee.

spurs77 wrote:
craleu wrote:
spurs77 wrote:Hi,
I also had this problem with my mk808 and a Sony Bravia 40" lcd tv. I tried the mk808 on different screens, including my 24" lcd at work, and it worked just fine. But on my tv at home it didn't. Then I bought å hdmi repeater with external power supply, and that fixed my problem :D

could you post the type/brand/model of extender?

It's the same as this one

http://jebsee.en.alibaba.com/product/27 ... _Hdcp.html

Thanks Fordee

Blank screen in my SHARP HDTV
Did not improve I tried the firmware(kernel) of all that has come out status quo

Improved by the fact that such a HDMI Repeater
a neat resolution information from mk808 or would not come out?
http://jebsee.en.alibaba.com/product/27 ... _Hdcp.html

wasistdas

Postby wasistdas » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 am

Blank screen on any HDMI input at Philips 40 PFL 5604H. The TV is set to 1080. The stick shows "Google TV" logo on start that vanishes and the blank screen appears. Changing HDMI cables don't help. Prolly a driver issue. No fixes?

lionsh

Postby lionsh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I updated MK808 to the latest FW with 1080 resolution.
I still get blank screen all the time on both my Sharp HDTV LCDs.
I guess it's not a resolution problem.

Anyone tried the new firmware with success on their HDTV that previously was blank?

peep

Re: Sv: MK808 no signal or blank screen on certain HDTVs

Postby peep » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm also still awaiting a fix for this issue, I haven't got a singel display thay my 808 works on. I ve got a Sony bravia 2010 series TV (503) and a benq computer monitor.. Tried several firmwares, bought an hdmi-repeater and all to no awail..

When will we see an official fix for this?

drx

Postby drx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:30 pm

>Please keep in mind that the Blank Screen and wireless issues have not been fixed.
>This is a work in progress.
>mk808_beta4_1080p_“test”.zip

I do not want to reach the 2013 still have a problem in this :?
let go of the need to improve in the next “official” firmware

craleu

Postby craleu » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 pm

drx

Postby drx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks for the information!
It is sold with a return guarantee! also in my country
I ordered! Rid of this f@ck problem but also :lol:

craleu

Postby craleu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 am

drx wrote:
Thanks for the information!
It is sold with a return guarantee! also in my country
I ordered! Rid of this f@ck problem but also :lol:

I know!

Me too! Glad this thing works!

peep

Postby peep » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 am

Since people say it solves the black screen issue using an active hdmi repeater/extender, could it be that the MK808 doesn´t have enough power to drive the hdmi output for some tv models?

I bought a passive repeater but that didn´t make any difference, tried a new cable and now I´m on the lookout for a powered extender alternatively an hdmi voltage inserter to see if that helps..

craleu

Postby craleu » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 am

peep wrote:Since people say it solves the black screen issue using an active hdmi repeater/extender, could it be that the MK808 doesn´t have enough power to drive the hdmi output for some tv models?

I bought a passive repeater but that didn´t make any difference, tried a new cable and now I´m on the lookout for a powered extender alternatively an hdmi voltage inserter to see if that helps..

If you do some reading, its a known issue that the MK dont have enough power to power some hdmi ports on tv's!
seems we need the extra 5volts to get it to the tv!

Been using mine for about 5 days now.
For a fix under 20$ cant be beat!
lol

drx

Postby drx » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 pm

You mean I have not been the 5v output from the HDMI 18pin simply mk?

Response of the HDTV is not or does not correspond to the resolution
HDTV does not recognize the signal,seems to be no doubt in 5v
I doubt I wonder if such shall be resolved in this firmware :shock:

I did not have to buy anything beyond the price of such HDFury2 MK 8-)

peep

Postby peep » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:09 pm

I haven´t read any official post saying that the cause is voltage drop over hdmi and that some people have to buy an additional powered hdmi extender for $20. IF this is the case and it can't be fixed through software I urge the retailers to write about it in the description..

peep

Postby peep » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Well, well.. What do you know. I just tried Kizs alternative 720p kernel and paired with finless 1.5a I finally got a picture on my Sony TV!

Guranto

Postby Guranto » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi peep,

Good news about the new kernel fixing the problem; I'm going to flash tonight and see if it fixes mine.

Also, did you try to flash the 1080p version of the ROM to see if it worked as well?

peep

Postby peep » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Guranto, sorry to let you know that I also use another hdmi-cable. The one supplied with the 808 still gives a black screen apparently.

I'll try and flash the 1080p later tonight. Will let you know!

Sandeep

Postby Sandeep » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 am

Fordee wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ask a favor of anyone who has run into the blank screen/no signal issues in help to compile some objective information.

This link is to a tool that will pull the EDID (Capabilities, Manufacturing Informtion, etc), from your HDMI Display, and save it to a file.

Please hook your regular computer directly to the display that doesn't 'work' with your AndroidTV device, enable it, save the file, and PM me.

http://media.extron.com/download/files/ ... erV1x0.exe

By building a database of working/not-working monitors and capabilities (refresh/sync/native-res, etc), we can not only compare, but pass this information on so that new kernels can have compatability properly addressed.

Please check the file for my Videocon Integra 32" LCD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

winfan3

Postby winfan3 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Seems that power level is very limit on my device.
I changed usb cable between charger and unit and it solved the problem !
Also I have to disconnect any usb dongle (keyboard) to boot.
Those unit seems to be at the edge . . .

bigdaddy012678

Postby bigdaddy012678 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 am

This problem also exists with the MK808b unfortunately. I have been experimenting to get this device to work, and have stumbled across something interesting when it is ran thru the HDMI input of a Logitech Revue (the MK808b was bought to replace it, not work in conjuction with it). I am using all the cables that came included with the MK808b. Note that the power supply is 5V/2A that comes with this unit. I tried the scenarios on three seperate tv's listed below:

1.) Mitsubishi 52" LCD - worked when directly connected to the MK808b, worked when connected to the HMDI in on the Logitech Revue then out to the TV.

2.) Samsung 42" Plasma - did not work when directly connected to the TV, did not work when using an inline powered signal extender, did not work with the purchase of belkin 5V/2A power supplies, worked when connected to the HDMI in on the Logitech Revue then out to the TV. When it did not work the message "No Signal" was displayed on the screen.

3.) LG 32" LCD - did not work when directly connected to the TV, did not work when using an inline powered signal extender, did not work with the purchase of belkin 5V/2A power supplies, worked when connected to the HDMI in on the Logitech Revue then out to the TV. When it did not work, it displayed the message "invalid format" was displayed on the screen.

Hope this information helps someone that can explain why running this unit thru the Logitech Revue magics it to work. If anyone else has a Logitech Revue laying around, please try also and let me know your outcome.

Thanks.
Bigdaddy

mk808_lover

Postby mk808_lover » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:20 am

just bought 2 mk808s and love them. they work very well on one tv, but not on sony tv. on sony, I got blank screen when open certain app and I got message "x-shockway-flash" error when ope n some website with videos.

Solutions:

- for blank screen issue, use the power adapter(transfomer) with 2A output and the tv display correctly.

- for x-shockway-flash, open the internet browser and click the dots on the top right corner of the browser to open the setting screen. now, click on "setting" then click on advance ..., then set "plug-in" option as always. Also, make sure pop-up video not blocked.

Return to “MK808”