Monitors

bolsa1

Monitors

Postby bolsa1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:48 pm

I want to make a little survey about monitor and display resolutions you are using. Is someone using it not in 720p or 1080p? Or do all of you use it with TV? I have older Monitor with DVI port (HDMI compatible), but also with old 4:3 1280x1024 resolution and I dont know if GPU driver is compatible with this resolution...Allwinner and RK3066 GPU isnt, but maybe Vivante GC2000 is...Thanks!

Aeno

Re: Monitors

Postby Aeno » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 am

Hi Bolsa,

Just wanted to let you know that I had some issue with my ' monitor' when hooking up my new GK802 device.
I had a Philips Flat Panel LCD tv without any HDMI connector, however it did have a DVI port. So I've tried to use the DVI port (with a HDMI Adapter) to get it to work but I kept failing.
I'm still not sure but I had the impression that it had something to do with the resolution compatibility. I was hoping to get my hands on a android upgrade to 4.1 in order to be able to select different resolution output modes on the GK802.
However, as far as I know the JellyBean version is still not available for this unit.

Quite desperately I ultimately went out and bought a new TV which has an HDMI input and was fullHD. Issue solved (the hard way).

Rgds
Aeno

Return to “Working Peripherals”