Postby gebnix » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 pm

which NFS version are you using ?

first you can try without "-o nolock"
regards
gebnix

son

Re: FULL micro-sd images

Postby son » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm

yes, tried with both, with and without -o nolock.

nfs v3 on my Ubuntu system, on Debian I have to check (standard repos) - I tried with both. So in general it should work with the updated FW (not the SD-Image)?

edit: on Debian also nfs v3 but I have to admit, I never worked with NFS before... only with SMB but at least the servers are "running". I will check the connection between Ubuntu client and Debian Server first to ensure that the setup is ok.

Thanks so far!

gebnix

Postby gebnix » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 pm

is your busybox updated ?

son

Postby son » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:01 pm

gebnix ich geb Dir was :D

Thanks a lot... did a busybox update und had some other problems, first with "permission denied" and afterwards with "connection refused" but with adding the option "no_root_squash" it is now working!

Thanks a lot.

Now trying to stream a big mkv (17GB 1080p DTS)... I would say better than SMB but still laggy :(

Any idea for a kind of mount script or something to have the mount on startup?

gebnix

Postby gebnix » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:38 pm

i'm calling my mount script at the end of the eth0_start.sh script which i found in this forum.
Before mounting the NFS share, my script is waiting for the ip address and the sdcard to be mounted

Jartimus

Postby Jartimus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 am

bogolisk wrote:With my 32GB card, I increased the size of:

• partition7 (ext4, where the apps are stored) from 1GB to about 16GB and
  • partition4 (fat32, sdcard, the last partition) from 5.5GB to about 12GB.

increasing the partition size alone is, I believe, not enough. I had to resize the filesystems too.

Hi Bogolisk,

I've tried to do what you've done to partition 7, but I can't seem to get sdc3 (ext4 extended partition) to resize using the extra space I've made in front of sdc4 (fat32 storage partition). Was there anything out of the ordinary you had to do to make that apps partition larger?

bogolisk

Postby bogolisk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

Jartimus wrote:
bogolisk wrote:With my 32GB card, I increased the size of:

• partition7 (ext4, where the apps are stored) from 1GB to about 16GB and
  • partition4 (fat32, sdcard, the last partition) from 5.5GB to about 12GB.

increasing the partition size alone is, I believe, not enough. I had to resize the filesystems too.

Hi Bogolisk,

I've tried to do what you've done to partition 7, but I can't seem to get sdc3 (ext4 extended partition) to resize using the extra space I've made in front of sdc4 (fat32 storage partition). Was there anything out of the ordinary you had to do to make that apps partition larger?

for ext4, I used resize2fs. for fat, I used fatresize.

saukerl

Postby saukerl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi,

I purchased on of this GK802 and sorry for the expression but my opinion is that this 5uck5!!! Why ?

-because in my case I can't play real Full HD 1080.
-the settings menu gradient appears scaled
-I bought on GeekBuying and I can't root

I tried latest full Android Sd "rooted and playstore fixed", but on my case constantly returns error with launcher, web browse, settings: doesn't respond, wait / close.

I tried linux full SD and doesn't launch.

I'm trying on LG TV of 22". What I'm doing wrong or what I can try ?? I expected more from cuadcore and 1gb Ram.

There are someone is satisfied with this or someother android tv ?

fma965

Postby fma965 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 pm

saukerl wrote:Hi,

I purchased on of this GK802 and sorry for the expression but my opinion is that this 5uck5!!! Why ?

-because in my case I can't play real Full HD 1080.
-the settings menu gradient appears scaled
-I bought on GeekBuying and I can't root

I tried latest full Android Sd "rooted and playstore fixed", but on my case constantly returns error with launcher, web browse, settings: doesn't respond, wait / close.

I tried linux full SD and doesn't launch.

I'm trying on LG TV of 22". What I'm doing wrong or what I can try ?? I expected more from cuadcore and 1gb Ram.

There are someone is satisfied with this or someother android tv ?

***ing learn what developement means... this is clearly still in development stop fricken complaining.
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)

riggatrigga

Postby riggatrigga » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 pm

it seems most of your problems is from lack of knowledge, it can be frustrating no doubt but you did buy an in development device so u should enjoy with all the tinkering to make it work otherwise you should of bought a mainstream device like a roku or appletv....

i too was having the same issues of wait/close always appearing, in my case it turned out to be the lexar sdcard that was the issue the first time, the 2nd was more from using windows to write the dd image before i had ubuntu installed but after hours of research and lots of trial and error i got mine working great for such a new device rarely does anything ever crash anymore i notice plex will stutter here and there when watching 1080p videos sometimes over the network the video will close once in a while aswell but again thats more an issue with my network cuz my usb ethernet adapter maxes out at 6mb and im too far for wireless streaming of 1080p f

igroupaccount

Postby igroupaccount » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello everyone,

Unfortunelly, I am also one of the owners of a GK802. Nice specs / hardware but poor performance. Before purchasing the item, I have been researching and I was suprised that nor "the factory" or "geekbuying" give a .... about the firmware / support. All they care is about sales. Anyway, it seems like armtvtech puts a lot of worl / heart in this device development and similar ones, as well as users of this forum. Thank you!
My issues, since I'm a newbie in doing stuff and I deal with Windows (I did my share of rooting phones... it was little different) I was not able to find answers in one place of how it's done, what's the latest ... etc.

My recovery button is long gone, still able to get in recovery to apply updates if need it by doing a factory reset. I would love to be able to flip different firmwares (original or not) on a separate SD card without damaging the unit itself in order to find something that will actually work good. Since I am a newbie, I kept reading the posts but I still don't follow.
My request : Could we start a new clean thread where ONLY the links / files for the firmware / updates original / micro-SD could exists? That way should be able to identify the right / newest image or update. Also, could we specify step by step instructions from the begining to the end for Linux /Windows users (eg - Windows - get the new SD into PC. Format using ....., Unzip this ...., copy this .... warning .... put SD into GK ... power on. Reboot - stuff that I got from XDAdevelopers).
I assume that for most of you everything looks normal ... but I really got lost. And I would like to be able to use GK at maximum performance with the right firmware. Who knows, maybe down the road dual / triple boot might work fine. My limited experience is with HTC HD2 phones.

I appreciate reading my thoughts. I thank everyone for the effort put into this and wish good luck. Looking forward to updates!
PS - emailed geekbuying with the recovery button issue - they offered to replaced the item, but I have to send it back to them and wait for the new one - would you reccomend this (I guess mine is 1st gen) or should I stick with the old one?

Thanks!

smithjohn

Postby smithjohn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 am

Thanks.....but no sign of that either.....

momochan

Postby momochan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 pm

igroupaccount wrote:Hello everyone,

Unfortunelly, I am also one of the owners of a GK802. Nice specs / hardware but poor performance. Before purchasing the item, I have been researching and I was suprised that nor "the factory" or "geekbuying" give a .... about the firmware / support. All they care is about sales. Anyway, it seems like armtvtech puts a lot of worl / heart in this device development and similar ones, as well as users of this forum. Thank you!
My issues, since I'm a newbie in doing stuff and I deal with Windows (I did my share of rooting phones... it was little different) I was not able to find answers in one place of how it's done, what's the latest ... etc.

My recovery button is long gone, still able to get in recovery to apply updates if need it by doing a factory reset. I would love to be able to flip different firmwares (original or not) on a separate SD card without damaging the unit itself in order to find something that will actually work good. Since I am a newbie, I kept reading the posts but I still don't follow.
My request : Could we start a new clean thread where ONLY the links / files for the firmware / updates original / micro-SD could exists? That way should be able to identify the right / newest image or update. Also, could we specify step by step instructions from the begining to the end for Linux /Windows users (eg - Windows - get the new SD into PC. Format using ....., Unzip this ...., copy this .... warning .... put SD into GK ... power on. Reboot - stuff that I got from XDAdevelopers).

I assume that for most of you everything looks normal ... but I really got lost. And I would like to be able to use GK at maximum performance with the right firmware. Who knows, maybe down the road dual / triple boot might work fine. My limited experience is with HTC HD2 phones.

I appreciate reading my thoughts. I thank everyone for the effort put into this and wish good luck. Looking forward to updates!
PS - emailed geekbuying with the recovery button issue - they offered to replaced the item, but I have to send it back to them and wait for the new one - would you reccomend this (I guess mine is 1st gen) or should I stick with the old one?

Thanks!

Hi igroupaccount,

If you check out the very first post in this thread, you'll notice that deadhp1 has all the links to his full images. The latest, as of this post, is 1.65.4. At the end of his first post are instructions on using WinImage to burn an image to a micro SD card (using a Windows based PC). I'd keep the original internal micro SD as a backup just in case. I recommend picking up another SanDisk card for the purpose of testing other ROMs. I ended up using WinImage to make a backup of the original micro SD image. WinImage has a very straightforward GUI, so you shouldn't have any problems with it. Just be careful taking the GK802 apart (particularly with the WiFi cable that attaches to the pcb).

I do understand how a newcomer might feel about all the GK802 threads. True, it all seems "normal" to me, but that's because I've been around since the GK802 appeared, so I've seen this section of the forums grow to what it is today. It's only getting better as the developers do their thing. I look forward to what the GK802 has to offer.

I do agree, however, that the GK802 forum could benefit from a bit of housekeeping. This is a great site.
Hope this helps a bit (but I'm sure you figured it out).

johho

Postby johho » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am

As additional information for all who may have the same problems like me burning the image with winimage to the SD, for me it didn't work no matter how I made it or which card I used. The burning was successfull, but the device just didn't boot and stuck on black screen.
As i burned the same Image on my ubuntu machine to the same SD it worked at the first try!

So until now (no matter why) im not able to use my win8 machine with winimage to burn to sd.

So if you have similar problems, try to boot your PC with a ubuntu live distribution from USB Stick or DVD and test to burn it from there.

bambipower

Postby bambipower » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

i have same problem... winimage doesnt work anymore

thePCisDead

Postby thePCisDead » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:50 pm

bambipower wrote:i have same problem... winimage doesnt work anymore

This may be worth trying.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Too ... ager.shtml

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

johho

Postby johho » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 am

or use a ubuntu USB Stick image to boot your regular PC with Ubuntu live.. this has some more advantages for other things you might have to do when using a android device like GK802 :)

guydroid208

Partitioning Question

Postby guydroid208 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:42 pm

bogolisk,

I understand what you said about how you restored your previous ROM to a larger card:

"I didn't try with this image but with the previous one,
I

•ensured to have each partition image a individual files.
•deleted partitioned 7 8 9 4
•recreated 7 and 4 on the card with new size, 8 and 9 as is.
•dd the partition images (7 8 9 4) back on the card
•resized the filesystems on 7 (resize2fs) and 4 (fatresize). ...."

I tried to duplicate your process and hit a snag when creating the backup image for partition 9. /dev/sdb9 shows up in gparted as having a partition type of "unknown". How do you back this up using dd (and also how do you restore it)? Is there different syntax used?

Entering something like:

sudo dd if=/dev/sdb9 of=./sdimage9

does not work.

grindy

Postby grindy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

http://com.odroid.com/sigong/blog/blog_list.php?bid=144

this should fix all win32image issues.

guydroid208

Postby guydroid208 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Grindy,

Thank you for the new win32image tool version link. :D I do not know if this was ment as a response to my question or not, but I went ahead and tried to use the new tool in my situation.

I took the full dd rooted image, and used the new tool to write the image to my 16 Gig card. The result was the same. Once the image write was complete, the SD card contains partitions, 3 of which have an unknown file system type. Specifically sdb1,sdb2 and sdb9.

The screen capture "Gpart_diagram001" attachment from gpart which shows what I am speaking of.
Gpart_diagram001.png

So my questions now are:

1) How does one backup SDB9 to an image using DD in Ubuntu since it is an unknown partition type?

2) Are these three partitions showing up as "unknown type" because the original dd image contains corrupt partitions, or is it just that way (meaning these are special partitions) deadhp1 if you could chime in on this one that would be great. Or perhaps because the image is made with dd is not being written correctly using win32image. The only thing I have not yet tried is to move the dd image file to ubuntu and use dd to restore the image to the SD card, rather than use winimage and windows.

3) Deadhp1, I know at the beginning of this thread you also have posted individual images for partions. Could these be used instead to populate any of these "unknown types"? It may sound like a silly question, but which image is for which partition? See attachment Gpart_diagram003.
Gpart_diagram_003.png

Deadhp1, I am sorry if this is clogging up the firmware thread. I know it applies to "firmware application", but perhaps the entire topic (and relevant posts) need to be moved to a seperate thread on how to not only write the firmware to an SD card, but also the method to expand the partitions as well. I am sure many others would learn from this, or find the information valuable. Thanks for any and all replies in advance. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Firmware”