FULL micro-sd images

bulutcy

Re: FULL micro-sd images

Postby bulutcy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 am

hello, thank you for images,
I am new to android, I want to ssh with root,

could you tell me, what is the password for root?

Craxx

Re: AW: FULL micro-sd images

Postby Craxx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am

gebnix wrote:hello,

after playing around with my GK802 (gen1) and reading here a while, this is my first post.
I was able to mount a NFS share out of the box with busybox:

Code: Select all

su
busybox mount -t nfs server-ip:/volume1/video /sdcard/homeserver/video -o nolock

(you have to create the folder(s) where to mount on the GK802 first)

I'm going around to play a little bit with the mount options but it's working and i can play 1080p videos via xbmc with mxplayer from this share flawlessly ;)
I will try to mount this share at startup after activating LAN with the related script from this forum later.

Unfortunately the share is not working with bsplayer (via xbmc) which i would prefer because buffering seems to be a little bit better than with mxplayer.
And i was not able to get xbmc working to play internet streams (youtube, streamhoster ...) with external players and use the internal player for them.
regards
gebnix

Thx works great!! :-D

Craxx;-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk :-)

nos2k

Postby nos2k » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:28 am

I'm having the same issue using Paragon Partition Manager on Win64. I can expand partition4 but not partition7 from "rooted_fixed_rt-M500a_v1.65.4_20130118a_updated_FULL_IMAGE" on a 32GB micro SD card.

Would it be possible for someone that did it successfully to post the ugraded .VHD image file so that using winimage it can be copied onto the micro SD card directly?

Thanks!

StroopEffect wrote:I couldn't manage to re-size partition 7, tried both gparted and Minitool Partition Wizard. The fat32 partition works just fine.

Seems like there's a partition of an unknown type behind patition 7 (aprox. 15 mb) that can't be moved. Also, tried resizing the logical volume that partition 7 is on, that doesn't work either. Any pointers?

Thanks!

bogolisk wrote:
Craxx wrote:...
PS: When i want to benefit from my 32GB i can increase the fat32 partion with gparted. I think there is only one fat32, is that right??

With my 32GB card, I increased the size of:

• partition7 (ext4, where the apps are stored) from 1GB to about 16GB and
  • partition4 (fat32, sdcard, the last partition) from 5.5GB to about 12GB.

increasing the partition size alone is, I believe, not enough. I had to resize the filesystems too.

mszl

Postby mszl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi deadhp1!

Would you like to implement the CIFS file support in the next firmware?
That's it will be perfect!!!!
The video playing much faster with mounted network file system.

Thank's
(Sorry my bad english :cry: )

rahul1023

Postby rahul1023 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

I installed the 1.65.4B onto the Hi-802 (have a GK802 on order). I've been stuck with the Hi-802 because I cannot watch any videos at all. The stock PSU(5V/2A) works and allows for Mouse/Keyboard (Mele F10 Air Keyboard/Mouse) to work, however all videos freeze after playing for 20-30 seconds and the video player crashes. Otherwise I can use another PSU(5V/2A) that I purchased, however the mouse/keyboard does not work. I am so upset with Kimdecent right now, it's not even funny. I purchased this unit and it doesn't play any videos. It starts to play them with Dice & BS Player, but it freezes after 30 seconds then closes.

deadhp1,

as far as the 1.65.4B file, I downloaded the full image to a brand new 16GB micro SDHC and it loads up just fine, but I am not able to use any other PSU while still retaining mouse/keyboard functionality. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone can give to allow me to use my hi802. Great work so far, although all I can say is that I can see the desktop and use the basic applications.

verdevetro

Postby verdevetro » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:08 pm

ok, I'm a totally noob at this point....even if Im an android crackfkasher on my phone..
just a couple of question... I've dloaded the rooted_fixed_rtM500a_v1.65.4 on the first post, this should be the full rooted image, right?
now, I know if i only download the update rooted one I've to use a second sd card to be placed in the stick, the use the press button mode as geekbuying says and I won't cause my new 16Gb sdcard will replace the original one, my question is about the full imaged on first post, the newer fixed rooted and so on, dowloaded but extracted I've a .dd and I don't really know how to manage this, ok with vhd but thee's some good guy down there can provide a .vhd imagine or a link where I can find it
thanks guys!

riggatrigga

Postby riggatrigga » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 pm

just burn it with winimage like it was a vhd for show file types put all and select the .dd file then write to sdcard like it was a vhd file that's how I did it before I had Ubuntu installed

verdevetro

Postby verdevetro » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

riggatrigga wrote:just burn it with winimage like it was a vhd for show file types put all and select the .dd file then write to sdcard like it was a vhd file that's how I did it before I had Ubuntu installed

thanks,
I'll try tomorrow at home, have to re-install ubuntu one of this day...
thanks anyway

edit: just do it, works fine!
Last edited by verdevetro on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thePCisDead

Postby thePCisDead » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 am

My device finally made it through Canada customs. I've been playing with the android image tonight. The stock rom was smooth, everything worked out of the box including my usb keyboard and mouse, wifi was good. I tried upgrading to Version 1.65.4. Wifi seemed to be inconsistent and week. Downloads were repeatedly getting dropped.

I decided to follow deadhp1's post below to get root on the stock rom. Everything works fine :)

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1113&start=40#p7840

One issue, however, and I've gotten this with 3 different sd cards tonight (a new one I recently bought, a used one and now the sandisk that came with the GK802), I'm getting these notifications saying, "Removed SD card" and "Damaged SD card". I also get asked if I want to erase and format the sd card. I know at least one of these cards is fine. I did not get these notifications when I first tried the device when I unpacked it.

I'm thinking the connection between the card and the pins may be weak ever since I popped the original one out or I am not inserting them correctly (but 3 times???)

It's weird though because I am downloading one of the linux-on-android images to give it a go. It's a few hundred megs at least and it is downloading and saving fine.

Is anyone have this issue?

thePCisDead

Postby thePCisDead » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am

It turns out I actually did not get root access by following the instructions deadhp1 included in the earlier post I referenced above. The image that shipped with my device works best out of all of the images I have tried. Now to figure out how to get root....

evorogers

Postby evorogers » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 am

I had the same problem with 2 32gb sd cards.....I tried formatting them everyway possible way but nothing worked until I put them in my S3 and formatted them within the Rom and they now both work no problem. I had previously formatted them with the GK802,mini partion tool,paragon and even with the recovery on my phone but nothing worked apart from within the phone. Give it a go hopefully it will work.

thePCisDead wrote:My device finally made it through Canada customs. I've been playing with the android image tonight. The stock rom was smooth, everything worked out of the box including my usb keyboard and mouse, wifi was good. I tried upgrading to Version 1.65.4. Wifi seemed to be inconsistent and week. Downloads were repeatedly getting dropped.

I decided to follow deadhp1's post below to get root on the stock rom. Everything works fine :)

One issue, however, and I've gotten this with 3 different sd cards tonight (a new one I recently bought, a used one and now the sandisk that came with the GK802), I'm getting these notifications saying, "Removed SD card" and "Damaged SD card". I also get asked if I want to erase and format the sd card. I know at least one of these cards is fine. I did not get these notifications when I first tried the device when I unpacked it.

I'm thinking the connection between the card and the pins may be weak ever since I popped the original one out or I am not inserting them correctly (but 3 times???)

It's weird though because I am downloading one of the linux-on-android images to give it a go. It's a few hundred megs at least and it is downloading and saving fine.

thePCisDead

Postby thePCisDead » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks. For me it seems to be related to the power.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1497

nos2k

Postby nos2k » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm

evorogers wrote:I had the same problem with 2 32gb sd cards.....I tried formatting them everyway possible way but nothing worked until I put them in my S3 and formatted them within the Rom and they now both work no problem. I had previously formatted them with the GK802,mini partion tool,paragon and even with the recovery on my phone but nothing worked apart from within the phone. Give it a go hopefully it will work.

thePCisDead wrote:My device finally made it through Canada customs. I've been playing with the android image tonight. The stock rom was smooth, everything worked out of the box including my usb keyboard and mouse, wifi was good. I tried upgrading to Version 1.65.4. Wifi seemed to be inconsistent and week. Downloads were repeatedly getting dropped.

Had a similar issue after partition got messed up in Partition Magic and the only thing that worked was to reformat the card using my canon camera.

BTW, can anyone explain how to extend the partition on the latest firmware using Partition Magic or post a .vhd version already extended to take advantage of a 32GB micro SD? Thanks!

momochan

Postby momochan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 pm

deadhp1,

First of all, thanks for the 1.65.4 full image.

I used Winimage to burn a copy of 1.65.4 to a new Lexar 16GB Class 10 micro SDHC card. The GK802 booted normally but I get frequent "settings not responding", "browser not responding", etc. messages. It's quite slow compared to the original firmware with build number R13.4-rc2 V1.653. I purchased from Geekbuying and believe that it's the second batch of GK802s (just received it a few days ago). I'm back to the original firmware.

Just wondering if you're working on something new? :)

I'll admit that I'm a complete noob when it comes to linux, but I'm willing to learn. If anyone has any vids or a really easy write-up of how to make a dd backup of the original micro sd firmware, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to mess around with the original firmware. Until then, I'll continue reading and learning.

UPDATE:
I figured out how to create a .vhd backup of the original micro sd card with WinImage using the "create virtual hard disk from physical drive" feature.

I then restored this .vhd image to the same Lexar 16GB Class 10 micro SDHC card mentioned above. Guess what? I'm getting the lag and "not responding" messages that I was getting before. The lag and "not responding" messages must be due to the Lexar 16GB Class 10 card, not the posted firmware.

Anyone notice the same? I think I need to find myself an 8GB SanDisk.

riggatrigga

Postby riggatrigga » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm

I had the same problem I think its the damn Lexar to be honest cuz I have the same card and was getting all the same errors... I ended up using the stock card with stock rom and just used deahhp1 instructions for rooting and playstore fix and all is great now (of course lots of room for improvements) but I got what I need for now (xbmc, droidmote, playon, sabnzb, flipboard, and a few games) just waiting on jelly bean and miracast myself and the abilty to boot from ext sdcard would be great

momochan

Postby momochan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 am

Hey riggatrigga,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ya, I'm gonna see if I can pick up a SanDisk micro-sd card today and give this another whirl. I'll report back as soon I test it out.

danta

Postby danta » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello,
where can I get a cifs.ko file for the gk802?

Best regards,
danta.

evorogers

Postby evorogers » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Has anybody had a chance to test this new image??? Reason I'm asking is because the only half decent sdcard I've got is the 1 that came with the GK and I havent got much time for testing at the moment and the past 2 days 1.65.4 hasn't been running to well. Thanks

deadhp1 wrote:You may want to use a download manager so you can resume a broken download.
I've just downloaded the file again in both firefox and chrome with no issues.

I've got another image now that is really just for testing.
It's exactly the same as the 1.65.4 image, except it contains a different u-boot. This one allows you to use a different ac-adapter and retains the use of the full size usb port.
Please keep in mind that this is just for testing. Only for those of you that are daring. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your machines!
Full Image 1.65.4B:
http://adf.ly/HtRwq

I also be uploading the actual u-boot-no-padding.bin and u-boot-no-padding.md5 for those that would rather just use recovery to update just that portion.

momochan

Postby momochan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:39 pm

riggatrigga wrote:I had the same problem I think its the damn Lexar to be honest cuz I have the same card and was getting all the same errors... I ended up using the stock card with stock rom and just used deahhp1 instructions for rooting and playstore fix and all is great now (of course lots of room for improvements) but I got what I need for now (xbmc, droidmote, playon, sabnzb, flipboard, and a few games) just waiting on jelly bean and miracast myself and the abilty to boot from ext sdcard would be great

Hey riggatrigga,

There's definitely an issue with the Lexar micro-sdhc cards!

I picked up an 8GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 micro-sd card and used WinImage to restore the stock .vhd file I created earlier. The GK802 now runs as smooth as it did with the original micro-sd. No "------- stopped responding" error messages to report of. :D

Therefore, I'd stay away from the Lexar brand, specifically the Lexar 16GB Class 10 micro-sdhc.

son

Re: AW: FULL micro-sd images

Postby son » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 pm

gebnix wrote:hello,

I was able to mount a NFS share out of the box with busybox:

Code: Select all

su
busybox mount -t nfs server-ip:/volume1/video /sdcard/homeserver/video -o nolock

(you have to create the folder(s) where to mount on the GK802 first)

I would assume that this should also work with the current FW and Busybox installed? The system output with this command is: "Invalid option" :(

1080p over network (smb) is not working well :(

any idea?

Return to “Firmware”