FULL micro-sd images

nelinjo

Re: FULL micro-sd images

Postby nelinjo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm

I've just got 32gb on amazon. Does it really feels better after swapping?

sudome

Postby sudome » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 am

bambipower wrote:
bambipower wrote:
i have recovery working, but doesnt work

it stops and says : check system.img file!

found problem... its my new kingston micro sdhc class 10 card... the gk802 doesn't seem to find it. Going to buy a new sandisc sdhc card.

Have you checked the filesystem? I guess it should be formated as fat32.. just a thought..

bambipower

Postby bambipower » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 am

yes, checked it... its fat32
kingston card is working at my acer tablet and my asus tablet.

But gk802 cant find it. No problem... ordered an other one.

i'm glad i found it, you can search long time with such stupid things :D

sidelong

dd images

Postby sidelong » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 am

Winimage works with dd files just the same as with vhd files. Just press the down arrow to expand the file type box and select 'all'. You will then be able to browse to and select the dd image and winimage will write it to the micro sd card as expected.

sudome

Postby sudome » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 am

Yeah good find...

...it's kind of strange though.. hope your new card works..!

Orangbaru

Re: FULL micro-sd images - applying for windows user

Postby Orangbaru » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi, I'm a noob in Android/Linux, I'm mainly a windows user. I've applied deadhp1's the Jan'13 .dd to my 64GB class 10 microSD card and it's working already, although I still notice the slowness of the connection and the Google Play is not showing any apps that I've bought previously as purchased :(

Just for sharing, for formatting the SD card to FAT32 in windows there's an freeware application called fat32format that you can get here:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?eepfs.htm
This apps does not need to be installed, just run it directly after you download it, but this app is a command base - the action can only be done by typing the commands in command prompt.
If you are more casual to use windows interface, make sure you also download the Windows GUI version here:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?eepfs.htm
The How-To for both are describe in the web, and quite simple.

If you're using >8GB SD card, for extending the rest of the last FAT32 partition in windows, currently Paragon is giving out Paragon Partition Manager 12 Free Edition which you can get here:
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-express/download.html
once you've downloaded it, install it, plug in your microSD card to your computer and than run it:
1. choose your microSD Card partition in the Disk Map area located on the lower part of the screen, and
2. right click on the partition and choose "Move/Resize Partition..."
3. Increase the Volume Size to the size that you want it to be, and click the "Yes" button
4. click on "Apply" button on the top left side of the screen

Hope this would help, and please excuse my english as it's not my native lang :)

StroopEffect

Postby StroopEffect » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 am

I couldn't manage to re-size partition 7, tried both gparted and Minitool Partition Wizard. The fat32 partition works just fine.

Seems like there's a partition of an unknown type behind patition 7 (aprox. 15 mb) that can't be moved. Also, tried resizing the logical volume that partition 7 is on, that doesn't work either. Any pointers?

Thanks!

bogolisk wrote:
Craxx wrote:...
PS: When i want to benefit from my 32GB i can increase the fat32 partion with gparted. I think there is only one fat32, is that right??

With my 32GB card, I increased the size of:

• partition7 (ext4, where the apps are stored) from 1GB to about 16GB and
  • partition4 (fat32, sdcard, the last partition) from 5.5GB to about 12GB.

increasing the partition size alone is, I believe, not enough. I had to resize the filesystems too.

bogolisk

Postby bogolisk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am

I didn't try with this image but with the previous one,

I
  • ensured to have each partition image a individual files.
  • deleted partitioned 7 8 9 4
  • recreated 7 and 4 on the card with new size, 8 and 9 as is.
  • dd the partition images (7 8 9 4) back on the card
  • resized the filesystems on 7 (resize2fs) and 4 (fatresize).

amermer

Postby amermer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm

I have received my GK802. And it was a disaster for me.
It was sent me as replacement for broken iMito MX1 from GeekBuying.

It opens up with original firmware from factory but I can not use mouse or keyboard.

Device has only one regular USB and one micro USB. So, I use micro USB for power supply connection and regular USB for mouse and keyboard.

I tried 3 different sets with no luck
- cheap noname wired USB mouse,
- Logitech M180 mouse,
- Logitech K400 mouse + keyboard combo.

I downloaded dedph1's rooted firmware, same results.
Tried with GeekBuying's latest firmware, same results.

For all of them I can only see Android main screen which says "Click here to see all your programs". Since I could not control it with mouse or keyboard, it is useless.

I tried those 3 different combination with usb cable from original package and Samsung phone's charging cable. Nothing was changed. I also tried external powered USB hub, agian with no luck.

Recovery is not working with original factory firmware. It runs with GeekBuying latest and deadph1's latest firmwares, but in a strange way.

In recovery I see a big android logo which has a rotating grid like shape. On that screen if I press recovery button again, recovery menu appears. Because I can not use keyboard and mouse I can not navigate thru the menu items. Accidentally I realised that when I press recovery (or reset) button while I am on the recovery menu, cursor navigates (highlights not enter) the next item. But again because I can not use keyboard or mouse I can not enter the menu item, just highlight them.

At the end I tried Ubuntu beta, but it does not start. TV says no signal. I waited 15 minutes pressed enter key several times but nothing.

So I am about to give it up.

Can any body help me?

Thanks

Keiserrott

Postby Keiserrott » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm attempting to download the file for Version 1.65.4, but it keeps saying "unable to download as file is corupt" repeatedly.
Does anyone have a mirror?

EDIT: Got it downloaded on my 4th try... never did figure out why the dl was stopping midway.

New question: Play store still isn't showing my account correctly. I have tons of apps purchased on the account and as things currently are I'll have to "re buy" them individually. My main goal was to utilize the DroidTV Primetime app to watch some shows on the TV versus my tab. (If you haven't checked the app out you should! I never use my Netflix anymore ;^)
Last edited by Keiserrott on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:51 pm

You may want to use a download manager so you can resume a broken download.
I've just downloaded the file again in both firefox and chrome with no issues.

I've got another image now that is really just for testing.
It's exactly the same as the 1.65.4 image, except it contains a different u-boot. This one allows you to use a different ac-adapter and retains the use of the full size usb port.
Please keep in mind that this is just for testing. Only for those of you that are daring. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your machines!
Full Image 1.65.4B:
http://adf.ly/HtRwq

I also be uploading the actual u-boot-no-padding.bin and u-boot-no-padding.md5 for those that would rather just use recovery to update just that portion.

mavrrick

Postby mavrrick » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 am

By chance can we get a image posted of the latest full rom with the Play Store Fix. There are some apps that want the system to not be rooted. I don't mind not having root access but would like to have play store fixed.

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:49 am

You want to remove root? there's 2 easy ways to take care of that.
You can either mount the microsd in linux and remove the following:
/apps/Superuser.apk
/xbin/su
/xbin/busybox

OR Load up ES File Explorer:
-Go into Settings and enable the following
Up to Root
Root Explorer
Mount File System
-Now in the following order using ES File Explorer:
-Delete /system/app/Superuser.apk
-Delete /system/xbin/busybox
-Delete /system/xbin/su

Now turn off the root setting in ES File Explorer and after a reboot you should be unrooted.
Keep in mind to get root again you'll need to take out the card, copy those files back into place, and the set the permissions for them.

Craxx

Re: AW: FULL micro-sd images

Postby Craxx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:04 am

Did somebody get managed to mount a smb /cifs or nfs share?

Craxx;-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk :-)

claxx

Postby claxx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 am

Craxx wrote:Did somebody get managed to mount a smb /cifs or nfs share?

Craxx;-)

Mounting Cifs shares works for me using ES file explorer, andsmb, and XBMC.
XBMC now streams from cifs shares.

mavrrick

Postby mavrrick » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 am

I followed the steps you provided with ES File Explorer. The app in question still thinks the system is rooted and will not run. Could there be some thing else associated with root access like file system access that isn't reset with those changes.

Really a Stock image with the Playstore fix injected into it but without root would be awesome.

Craxx

Postby Craxx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:45 am

Yes i can mout smb shares with es file explorer, Xplorer and andsmb that works. But how can i mount a share, so that the system have the share to play music with a mp3 player (upnp works, but i want a usable mount in every app). I tried mount manager and cifs mount but with both apps i could not mount cifs or nfs. Also it doesn´t work in terminal. So what i am doing wrong? Or is this not possible???

Craxx;-)

Send from my Gk802 with Tapatalk :-)

Craxx

Postby Craxx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 pm

I think the cifs module is missing. So could somebody be so kind to compile a cifs module and and upload. That would be awesome :-D

Craxx;-)

fma965

Postby fma965 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Craxx wrote:I think the cifs module is missing. So could somebody be so kind to compile a cifs module and and upload. That would be awesome :-D

Craxx;-)

pretty sure woudl require a rebuild of the kernel aswell.
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)

gebnix

Postby gebnix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 am

hello,

after playing around with my GK802 (gen1) and reading here a while, this is my first post.
I was able to mount a NFS share out of the box with busybox:

Code: Select all

su
busybox mount -t nfs server-ip:/volume1/video /sdcard/homeserver/video -o nolock

(you have to create the folder(s) where to mount on the GK802 first)

I'm going around to play a little bit with the mount options but it's working and i can play 1080p videos via xbmc with mxplayer from this share flawlessly ;)
I will try to mount this share at startup after activating LAN with the related script from this forum later.

Unfortunately the share is not working with bsplayer (via xbmc) which i would prefer because buffering seems to be a little bit better than with mxplayer.
And i was not able to get xbmc working to play internet streams (youtube, streamhoster ...) with external players and use the internal player for them.
regards
gebnix

Return to “Firmware”