How can i get it back working?? :( :(

johho

How can i get it back working?? :( :(

Postby johho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 am

HI ALL.

I really hope you can help me, i think i have bricked my GK802 in some way.. :(

It arrives today. Out of the box, i connected to our Sony Bravia TV and bootet. So far no problem, all seems to work.

Cause im a real dev fan, i decided tu use the newest Firmware and maybee even give ubuntu a try.

So i downloaded the availiable ubuntu image and "burned" it like the text told with WinImage to my 16GB SD.
Then i put this into my GK802 and rebootet.
Nothing happend. after 15 minutes still black screen.

So i tried to boot the "original" 8GB SD with Android again, worked..
so far so good.

Than i downloaded the newest Firmware Update full image "rooted_fixed_rt-M500a_v1.65.4_20130118a_updated_FULL_IMAGE.dd" and installed it the same way..
Same effort. Black Screen while rebooting.

I tried this a few times up and down with diffrent SD Cards, but no effort.
Next i tried to apply the "official" Update file with externam SD while using recovery mode. Fast version: i was not able to get into recovery mode at all, no matter how andhow long or short i pressed the Reset button before, while or after powering on the device.

Now, the Device boots with the original 8GB Android, but my mouse and keyboard doesnt work anymore, so that im not able to control the device! :( :(
So it seems i have bricked my original Android Installation somehow, but how can i get it work again?

Some ideas?

amermer

Re: How can i get it back working?? :( :(

Postby amermer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:48 am

Hi,
Try to use original power supply. Device needs 5V 2A power supply.

johho

Postby johho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 am

I already did. After some learnings with raspberryPi and power supplies, that was the first thing i checked.

To make the whole shit complete, i really messed up now :( :
to be sure it doesnt depend on my sd cards somwhow, i burned "rooted_fixed_rt-M500a_v1.65.4_20130118a_updated_FULL_IMAGE" to the original 8GB Micro Sd Card.
Now the device even dont boot anymore, same thing like with ubunto or other cards, just black screen.
The PC Monitor im using ATM doesn't even switch on when power is given to the GK802.

I got it today, so i think i have the "2. product Generation".. Does someone have a proofen working SD Image for me which should work on this device??
that would be sooooo great cause im start thinking I damaged the hardware somehow :(

fma965

Postby fma965 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 pm

johho wrote:I already did. After some learnings with raspberryPi and power supplies, that was the first thing i checked.

To make the whole shit complete, i really messed up now :( :
to be sure it doesnt depend on my sd cards somwhow, i burned "rooted_fixed_rt-M500a_v1.65.4_20130118a_updated_FULL_IMAGE" to the original 8GB Micro Sd Card.
Now the device even dont boot anymore, same thing like with ubunto or other cards, just black screen.
The PC Monitor im using ATM doesn't even switch on when power is given to the GK802.

I got it today, so i think i have the "2. product Generation".. Does someone have a proofen working SD Image for me which should work on this device??
that would be sooooo great cause im start thinking I damaged the hardware somehow :(

just reburn the image again and everything will be fine. power on monitor doesn't light as no NAND memory on gk802 so no settings to tell it to turn on

the full image posted on this forum will work on gk802 no matter wat
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)

johho

Postby johho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:49 pm

I also tried this... reburned the image at least 10 times.. :( no effort.
Monitor keeps off, so does Sony Bravia tv :(
Now i give it a try on my linux machine to burn it again...

What else can i try?

johho

Postby johho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:26 pm

sooo.. thx good i managed to burn this image (Android) again with my Ubuntu machine.. seems that it was some Windows iussue...
..ill try now to get linux working again..

fma965

Postby fma965 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:40 pm

johho wrote:sooo.. thx good i managed to burn this image (Android) again with my Ubuntu machine.. seems that it was some Windows iussue...
..ill try now to get linux working again..

1st rule of hacking/modding DONT DO IT IF YOUR AFRAID TO BREAK YOUR DEVICE :d

johho

Postby johho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:59 pm

so far so good, android is working again, but the ubunto image wont boot even burned with Linux machine. Just black screen, but according to many postings from other users in the Ubunto thread, this seems to be a known problem :(..
Sadly on Android the XBMC (main reason why i baught this device at all) cabt play HD files without lags and slowmotion :(

fma965

Postby fma965 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 pm

johho wrote:so far so good, android is working again, but the ubunto image wont boot even burned with Linux machine. Just black screen, but according to many postings from other users in the Ubunto thread, this seems to be a known problem :(..
Sadly on Android the XBMC (main reason why i baught this device at all) cabt play HD files without lags and slowmotion :(

1. dont turn the tv/monitor on untill like 2 mins after the gk802 is on. if that don't work follow the fbset guide.
2. use external player

johho

Postby johho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm

THX ill try this again. (EDIT: i tried out with waiting 2 mins, WORKED, i can see the desktop but sadly wether my mouse nor my keyboard is working. maybee I'll try out more tomorrow)..

Its very sad that the GK802 (Android) can play 1080p movies even over wifi smooth and clean with Dice Player out of the box, but same movies even from SD-Card totally lag and slowmo :(
Hope there will be a fix for XBMC soon.
Can u tell me if this is fixed on the ubunto image?
does XBMC work great there with 1080p?

It seems i baught this device much to early, thought the development would be on a similar state like on rasperryPi.. I hope it will take on speed soon :)

Return to “GK802”