Losing Faith

viumden

Re: Losing Faith

Postby viumden » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 pm

fma965 wrote:
Perhaps we would be better off trying to get somebody to write our request in Chinese, as he clearly is not understanding what we are asking of him.
i think there is somebody at work who could do this for me, ill check tomorrow.

That way at least there wont be a language issue to deal with.

Whoever said this... brilliant idea :)

WERE GETTING 4.2 YAY!

I did make a phone call to Herman Tao on 6th Feb, explained the needs and analysis from the forum in Chinese.
So we just got the reply with the uboot and kernel source for GK802!
daveman has post the link to the sources and I will also upload a copy to dropbox later.

The extra information I got from Herman:
Dual boot for both internal SD card and outside SD card is almost ready from factory. Hopefully we will see it soon.

linuxium

Postby linuxium » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 pm

@viumden

Thanks for making the telephone call.

Troz

Postby Troz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:10 am

viumden wrote:
fma965 wrote:
Perhaps we would be better off trying to get somebody to write our request in Chinese, as he clearly is not understanding what we are asking of him.

WERE GETTING 4.2 YAY!

I did make a phone call to Herman Tao on 6th Feb, explained the needs and analysis from the forum in Chinese.
daveman has post the link to the sources and I will also upload a copy to dropbox later.

Dual boot for both internal SD card and outside SD card is almost ready from factory. Hopefully we will see it soon.

You're a legend mate, time to dust mine off ;).

Naismith

Postby Naismith » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 am

viumden wrote:
fma965 wrote:

WERE GETTING 4.2 YAY!

Great news! :D

korpenkraxar

Postby korpenkraxar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 am

viumden wrote:I did make a phone call to Herman Tao on 6th Feb, explained the needs and analysis from the forum in Chinese.

Absolutely the best post I've read in this forum so far. Many thanks! ;)

fma965

Postby fma965 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 am

korpenkraxar wrote:
viumden wrote:I did make a phone call to Herman Tao on 6th Feb, explained the needs and analysis from the forum in Chinese.

Absolutely the best post I've read in this forum so far. Many thanks! ;)

Yh but it's not the correct source as it doesn't have our config

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)

monkeynutts

Postby monkeynutts » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Person at work who could have done this for me has now left. Glad somebody else picked up my idea and ran with it !

viumden wrote:
fma965 wrote:

WERE GETTING 4.2 YAY!

guydroid208

Postby guydroid208 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:46 pm

deadhp1,

First off, thank you for providing such a great update to the stock ROM over in the Firmware thread! :D I have skimmed over this thread and have a question concerning bluetooth. Are the current issues with this ROM the reason why bluetooth disconnects and never reconnects without removing the devices and repairing? Specifically, I tried using a microsoft 6000 keyboard and experience this. You get connected, then she disconnects and thats it until you remove the device and re-pair. At first I thought it was the keyboard until I tried it with my iMito using Finless's ROM. It works as expected on that unit. But with the quad not. The firmware I have installed on the Zealz is your latest, and my unit is about 1 week old (as far as production runs go). Any thought would be appreciated. I really enjoy tinkering with this device and look forward to developing code for it. I see the "mini-pc" android line as an entirely untapped market as far as the google marketplace goes. I am sure the quad once bugs are fixed will be awsome!

Secondly, if I am understanding the thread correctly, the existing ROM the way it is, is what is preventing the sixaxes controller from ever pairing with the Zealz GK802 correct? Thanks again and I look forward to participating in this forum.

wumpus

Postby wumpus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Never mind, I snafu'd reading, kernel drivers are available, that's great: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1584

Does anyone know what are the major differences between the GK802 kernel and stock Freescale?

Nerdbench

Postby Nerdbench » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Android Sticks are quite rough around the edges, so is the gk802 I guess.

I'm not familiar with the history of older HDMI Android Sticks, but: was the development of older stick quicker as the development of the gk802?

I got my stick a few days ago and I'm still very happy about it!

bogolisk

Postby bogolisk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm

The gk802 has a serious heat problem. And I don't think any firmware update will fix that. The second problem with gk802's i.mxq6 SoC is the sh*tty 3d driver. I doubt peoples on this forum will be able to fix this, the work must be done by Freescale or Vivante.

The lessons I learned with the gk802 are:
  • thermal wise, tvstick is not a good form factor. Some think like the odroid-u2 is better thermal design.
  • for android, the GPU does matter. Had the i.mxq6 had a Mali GPU, it would have been compatible with many many more games.

fma965

Postby fma965 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:34 pm

bogolisk wrote:The gk802 has a serious heat problem. And I don't think any firmware update will fix that. The second problem with gk802's i.mxq6 SoC is the sh*tty 3d driver. I doubt peoples on this forum will be able to fix this, the work must be done by Freescale or Vivante.

The lessons I learned with the gk802 are:
  • thermal wise, tvstick is not a good form factor. Some think like the odroid-u2 is better thermal design.
  • for android, the GPU does matter. Had the i.mxq6 had a Mali GPU, it would have been compatible with many many more games.

can you check your pm on XDA :)

Nerdbench

Postby Nerdbench » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Yes, I noticed that the gk802 gets very hot.

And I broke the resetbutton. Guess I was very angry at it.

And: if I want to update per sd card, I wont take the new image. has someone else this problem?

fma965

Postby fma965 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Nerdbench wrote:Yes, I noticed that the gk802 gets very hot.

And I broke the resetbutton. Guess I was very angry at it.

And: if I want to update per sd card, I wont take the new image. has someone else this problem?

mine gets hot to the touch but i wouldn't say its dangerous or anything.

Although i have put artic silver thermal paste on it.

thePCisDead

Postby thePCisDead » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm selling mine and posted it in the marketplace forum. Feel free to pm me with an offer.
Last edited by thePCisDead on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nerdbench

Postby Nerdbench » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 am

Hopefully a new version will be released soon!

wumpus

Postby wumpus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

bogolisk wrote:The gk802 has a serious heat problem. And I don't think any firmware update will fix that. The second problem with gk802's i.mxq6 SoC is the sh*tty 3d driver. I doubt peoples on this forum will be able to fix this, the work must be done by Freescale or Vivante.

The drivers are a pity as the gpu hardware in the i.mx6 is kind of nice (triple core, with a separate 2d, 3d and svg core).

dv8ed

Postby dv8ed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 pm

i placed an order for one on geekbuying maybe I should cancel order since it hasn't been shipped yet. Order placed 2/18/13 as of today it's at Payment Confirmed processing.

son

Postby son » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm

I've not only lost faith... I also lost my recovery button and my wireless Antenna!! My cousin soldered me a new button... the button itself is working (tested) but I'm no longer able to get into recovery mode... :( But the good is that I can change the SD Card...

Thanks god that the current FW is crap - otherwise I would be so sad that I'm not able to use the stick!

And thanks to my boss for the money - so I have another Stick, the MK808 which cost less than 50% of this QuadCoreTurbouglystick and the MK808 is running fine!

thePCisDead

Postby thePCisDead » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 pm

It's no wonder the GK802 section of this forum has gone pretty much dead in the past 2 weeks.

Anyone want to buy my device or is it destined for the garbage bin?

Return to “GK802”