GK802 Recovery Mode

bpas

GK802 Recovery Mode

Postby bpas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm

I have a zealz GK802, I'm trying to get it into recovery mode.

I have a 8gig microSD in the external microSD slot with GK802_Rooted files copied to it. Holding down the button with a paperclip while powering it up, and it will not load recovery mode. It loads into the normal Android Home screen and has a "Safe Mode" label in the lower left corner of the screen.

Any ideas of why it won't load recovery mode?

claxx

Re: GK802 Recovery Mode

Postby claxx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:46 pm

try factory reset under settings, after the unit shuts down try the flashing procedure again.

Craxx

Re: AW: GK802 Recovery Mode

Postby Craxx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Didn't work.. I tried 100 times. The new charge of gk802 could not go in recovery. It is a shame to geekbuying...

Craxx;-)

Send from my Nexus 4 with Tapatalk :-)

WookieLuv0nMarz

Postby WookieLuv0nMarz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I am having the same issue with my new GK802. recovery mode seems futile..
I suspect i am not doing something in the right order. I'm trying to get ubuntu on my GK802 and i have the files dd'd to a 32 gig miniflash drive. so do i need to root this first with some special files on sd to get to recovery mode?? because holding the little volume/ reset button down doesnt do anything for me. please advise...

docwhoo

Postby docwhoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

I found smart solution for recovery mode ...

do a full reset (include SD-card) and with my gk802 i go directly to recovory mode after reboot ...

or clique with mouse 3s after reboot GK802 ...

stantemo

Postby stantemo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 am

docwhoo wrote:I found smart solution for recovery mode ...

do a full reset (include SD-card) and with my gk802 i go directly to recovory mode after reboot ...

or clique with mouse 3s after reboot GK802 ...

Didn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

korpenkraxar

Postby korpenkraxar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 am

I am not saying anyone is holding it wrong ;) but just for the sake of documentation:

Accessing recovery mode is tricky much due to that crappy recovery mode on-board button. Inserting the USB while persistently pressing the button with a paperclip or pin is very hard imho.

Try this method instead (with a little help from a friend):

1) unplug the power adaptor from the wall
2) insert just the USB end of the power cable into the GK802
3) insert the paperclip and press the button
4) while pressing the button, have a friend plug in the power adaptor into the wall socket
5) ???
6) profit!

Craxx

Postby Craxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am

tried 1000 times with 2. charge -> didn`t work for me. I also push the button with my finger when i open the case... no way.
Hope we get that solved by a ne image or and by an app which boot into recovery like ANREBOOT (didn´t work until now).

best regards
Craxx;-)

korpenkraxar

Postby korpenkraxar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 am

Craxx wrote:tried 1000 times with 2. charge -> didn`t work for me. I also push the button with my finger when i open the case... no way.
Hope we get that solved by a ne image or and by an app which boot into recovery like ANREBOOT (didn´t work until now).

best regards
Craxx;-)

App solution would be very nice. Does anyone know what parts of the Android API that needs to be exposed or which other more Linux-type options we need to make software reboot to work?

I read somewhere else about other sticks not booting at all after being turned off by a software reboot :shock: so this particular topic should be dealt with carefully...

stantemo

Postby stantemo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am

korpenkraxar wrote:
Craxx wrote:tried 1000 times with 2. charge -> didn`t work for me. I also push the button with my finger when i open the case... no way.

best regards
Craxx;-)

App solution would be very nice. Does anyone know what parts of the Android API that needs to be exposed or which other more Linux-type options we need to make software reboot to work?

I read somewhere else about other sticks not booting at all after being turned off by a software reboot :shock: so this particular topic should be dealt with carefully...

Reboot with rom Toolbox works perfectly fine on my stick.

Craxx

Postby Craxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 am

Hy

Sorry i mean reboot in recovery didn´t work. A normal reboot with anreboot is also working ;-)

best regards
Craxx;-)

justix

Postby justix » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm

stantemo wrote:
korpenkraxar wrote:

best regards
Craxx;-)

Reboot with rom Toolbox works perfectly fine on my stick.

The tool you are mentioning it's branded as no working on GK802, tried anReboot and it gives me SU command is not working on your phone...I did try using reset factory with the SD card (with the update in it) inserted but nothing, (should the erase SD card be on?) like if the SD card is not seen on recovery but I can definitely see it when back to the OS with astro file manager etc..ANYONE a solution? pressing the recovery button only gives me Safe Mode

bambipower

Postby bambipower » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:11 pm

- do a factory reset
- systeem reboots himself
- when system restart, push little button with small pin for 2 a 3 seconds
- release button!!!!
- now you get recovery mode

justix

Postby justix » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:02 pm

bambipower wrote:- do a factory reset
- release button!!!!

Thank you bambipower :D I finally managed to get properly recovery mode and update, initially it did not recognize the mouse (same working prior to the reset) then 2nd attempt it wen well
the recovery swithc is the weak point of this stick, mine has gone (other customers had the same) but opening the case and pressing it with a toothpick does work :)

Acceptu

Postby Acceptu » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 pm

bambipower wrote:- do a factory reset
- release button!!!!

Thank you for this, I've tried all the firmware version in the firmware topic and non worked, but this work with the original firmware, glad i used a 32gig one for testing :)

Now its time to have some fun with

son

Postby son » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:21 pm

My Recovery Button aborted?... damaged! No it is easier to push the button directly on the board - but of course I have to open the stick to get into the recovery mode.

Return to “GK802”