Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Jaydawgx7
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby Jaydawgx7 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

I'm trying to set up the sixaxis program to use my PS3 controller for emulators. However, I cannot get it to connect. I have followed the guide online (also got it to work just fine on my tablet, so I know its not simply user error). First and foremost, I am on the rooted firmware, so root privileges aren't the issue. I plugged my PS3 control into my PC and updated the bluetooth mac address to match that listed in the lower left of the sixaxis app, but thats as far as i can get. When I click start on the app, and press the ps button, the control just blinks indefinitely, and the app just says "Listening for controllers..." Does anyone have any solutions for this or has anyone gotten this to work?

fwupow
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby fwupow » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:46 am

This may help you. Near as I can tell, it has something to do with allowing apps to act as hosts of the USB port or control it. Apparently the OS has it locked out on typical factory original firmware. This really helped me out on my MK808, so that I could use USB Joy Center which at first was acting the same way as you report with your Sixaxis, just not seeing anything on the USB port.

http://poke64738.iphpbb3.com/forum/2645 ... -t443.html

fwupow
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby fwupow » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 am

Well, I tried the trick I posted above and it didn't work for this GK802. After flashing the internal Micro SD card with the rooted firmware, I was able to install this solution but it was no help. I had purchased USB Joy Center last month, so I installed that and it was able to read my Xbox USB controller.

USB Joy Center basically remaps your controller inputs to a Qwerty Keyboard so you lose all the analog capability.

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for Finless Bob to slap a new ROM together. He knows what we all want. His Hidebar feature is the best for HDMI sticks and he gets the game controller support in there as well.

bogolisk
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby bogolisk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:59 pm

We need a way to rebuild the kernel... The kernel we got is a piece-of-...

The sixaxis kernel driver (CONFIG_HID_SONY=m) was built as a loadable module nowhere to be found in the firmware!!!!
Last edited by bogolisk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bogolisk
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby bogolisk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 am

I just build the modules from the hdmi_dongle kernel sources just posted. the module seems to load fine. I'll try to test tonight.

Edit: I can use the dualshock3 in usb mode but I don't know how to make it work in wireless/bluetooth mode. Scanning in Settings/Bluetooth doesn't find the controller.

Anyone has any idea?

Edit2: I gave up on the dualshock3 for now, I'll return the controller to WalMart tomorrow. It works in usb mode but simply too expensive for an usb controller. The $10.00 Logitech usb gamepad however works perfectly.

fma965
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby fma965 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 am

bogolisk wrote:I just build the modules from the hdmi_dongle kernel sources just posted. the module seems to load fine. I'll try to test tonight.

Edit: I can use the dualshock3 in usb mode but I don't know how to make it work in wireless/bluetooth mode. Scanning in Settings/Bluetooth doesn't find the controller.

Anyone has any idea?

Edit2: I gave up on the dualshock3 for now, I'll return the controller to WalMart tomorrow. It works in usb mode but simply too expensive for an usb controller. The $10.00 Logitech usb gamepad however works perfectly.


can you link the module :) thanks
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)

kitsook
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby kitsook » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 am

fma965 wrote:
bogolisk wrote:I just build the modules from the hdmi_dongle kernel sources just posted. the module seems to load fine. I'll try to test tonight.

Edit: I can use the dualshock3 in usb mode but I don't know how to make it work in wireless/bluetooth mode. Scanning in Settings/Bluetooth doesn't find the controller.

Anyone has any idea?

Edit2: I gave up on the dualshock3 for now, I'll return the controller to WalMart tomorrow. It works in usb mode but simply too expensive for an usb controller. The $10.00 Logitech usb gamepad however works perfectly.


can you link the module :) thanks


FYR. Attached is the hid-sony.ko module file complied from the kernel posted. I tried to manually load it using insmod and gk802 does recognize my ps3 controller in USB mode. But I guess it is better to wait for someone to build a better kernel :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fma965
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby fma965 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 am

kitsook wrote:
fma965 wrote:
bogolisk wrote:I just build the modules from the hdmi_dongle kernel sources just posted. the module seems to load fine. I'll try to test tonight.

Edit: I can use the dualshock3 in usb mode but I don't know how to make it work in wireless/bluetooth mode. Scanning in Settings/Bluetooth doesn't find the controller.

Anyone has any idea?

Edit2: I gave up on the dualshock3 for now, I'll return the controller to WalMart tomorrow. It works in usb mode but simply too expensive for an usb controller. The $10.00 Logitech usb gamepad however works perfectly.


can you link the module :) thanks


FYR. Attached is the hid-sony.ko module file complied from the kernel posted. I tried to manually load it using insmod and gk802 does recognize my ps3 controller in USB mode. But I guess it is better to wait for someone to build a better kernel :lol:


Ok Thanks, i would have built it my self if i knew what the module was called :)

EDIT: which sourcecode did you use? seems 2 different ones are out?
Last edited by fma965 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)

kitsook
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby kitsook » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:25 am

fma965 wrote:
Ok Thanks, i would have built it my self if i knew what the module was called :)

EDIT: which sourcecode did you use? seems 2 different ones are out?


8-)

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1585

fma965
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Anyone get Sixaxis to work for their PS3 control?

Postby fma965 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 am

kitsook wrote:
fma965 wrote:
Ok Thanks, i would have built it my self if i knew what the module was called :)

EDIT: which sourcecode did you use? seems 2 different ones are out?


8-)

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1585


ok im confused... so which source works? why is there 2 different thread both with different sizes?

EDIT: whoops i accidently read the filesize wrong... so they are both the same?
My GK802 Dev-Host Folder (Kernel and uBoot Source)


Return to “GK802”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest