Netflix

dylandn

Netflix

Postby dylandn » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Anyone having Netflix issues? I sideloaded the latest netflix apk after the market complained my gk802 (with rooted v1.65.3 update) wasnt compatible. Ya it's not compatible for a reason. Subtitles are all out of whack and it's constantly buffering with poor quality playback.

Watching logcat doesn't reveal anything that stands out, but then I noticed the load average hovers around 3.6. I'm going to venture a guess that the app is doing video decoding in software and not using the hardware decoding. But I see that the Ampe A10 tablet uses the same chip and doesnt have issues.

deadhp1

Re: Netflix

Postby deadhp1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm running the 1.65.3 rooted and fixed update. I had no issues finding and installing Netflix through the Play Store.
One thing that can sometimes mess up play store is if you have previously logged in before having the fixed update installed.
It because Google has cached that data about your device(including what apps it can use based on the xml files in /system/etc/permissions)
I usually do a factory reset before applying updates.(just remember to backup any apps in /data/apps as some of the included apps are not installed in /system/apps)

Netflix also depends on the quality of your wifi connection and automatically adjusts the quality of the stream.
I've only had lower quality when connected to my neighbors wifi.
The subtitles issue is a known problem with several devices and the netflix app. It seems like they are not timed properly(They run much faster).
I know that my GK802 is doing hardware decoding because I have compared the Monitor logs to logs I took while using XBMC(software decoding).
The netflix logs show MUCH lower cpu usage.

dylandn

Postby dylandn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 pm

I just flashed the rooted 1.65.4 update, factory reset, etc. Captions under netflix are still way out of sync.

Soul

Postby Soul » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I too having problems with the subtitles. And Netflix ends the films or shows prematurely, like 1-2min before the end.
Feels like some problem with a systemclock running to fast or something.

ozbreaker

Postby ozbreaker » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 am

Soul wrote:I too having problems with the subtitles. And Netflix ends the films or shows prematurely, like 1-2min before the end.
Feels like some problem with a systemclock running to fast or something.

Me too.

Has anyone found what the cause of this may be?

respindola

Postby respindola » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Hello guys.

I'm having the exctly same problem... I heard about it works if sideloads an old version of Netflix, I tried somes but didn't found the correct old one yet. If someone does, please, let me know!

Thanks.

Return to “GK802”