UG 802: connect to lan

raphel
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 am

UG 802: connect to lan

Postby raphel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 am

Hi,
i've just bought an UG802 mini pc and i think it is great!
Now, seen his poor wifi reception, i'd love to connect it to my netgear rooter by a lan cable. I've tried to do like i've seen doing on a youtoube video for an mk802.
My problem is that going into the android settings, into "More" menu (under the wifi switch) i'm not able to find the ethernet settings. I've got aother menu actually, completely different than the mk802's one.
Someone knows if it could be a problem of my minipc or if it is a common problem to all Ug802s?. Maybe it has a different/older firmware?

Another think: wich kind of usb hub is compatible with the ug802? the hub needs to be powered by a power supply or also the type without it works? I'm asking for it because i've got a 5 ports usb hub but it is without any power supply (it has only an usb cable) and it doesn't works...connecting a mouse to a port it works but as i connect another periferal the mouse stops to work and also the second periferal does not work at all.

Sorry for my poor english!

Thah you for listening!

silpot
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby silpot » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 am

My UG802 had the same problem with the stock firmware. I had bought a USB to Ethernet adapter and I connected it to UG802 through a 4 port USB hub. In the settings menu I saw only the WiFi ON-OFF button. Neither the ethernet ON-OFF button was existing nor the ethernet icon on the lower-right corner was visible when the LAN connection had been established.
Apart these problems the ethernet connection was working very good!

When I installed the "UG802 JB Preview Firmware" http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444 the UG802 is much better and these problems are solved!

raphel
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 am

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby raphel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 am

thank you silpot for your reply!
finally i've flashed the Finless 1.4 and all has gone in the right way: also the ethrnet choice has appeared!

javakias
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby javakias » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

I confirm the problem and the solution is installing a new ROM. I have Finless 1.6 and the LAN works by disabling and then enabling again the Ethernet in settings.

dany79ing
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby dany79ing » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 am

hello friends, I tell them my experience looking for a solution to the problem, unfortunately the wifi signal is very poor and falls constantly, I got a usb hub to connect the wireless mouse and a usb to RJ45 adapter hoping the UG802 the recognized, the surprise is that everything went well and I have permanent connection via LAN cable, I tested for more than 2 hours without problems.

VegasGuy
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:43 am

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby VegasGuy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 pm

dany79ing wrote:hello friends, I tell them my experience looking for a solution to the problem, unfortunately the wifi signal is very poor and falls constantly, I got a usb hub to connect the wireless mouse and a usb to RJ45 adapter hoping the UG802 the recognized, the surprise is that everything went well and I have permanent connection via LAN cable, I tested for more than 2 hours without problems.

Which LAN adapter did you buy? I have read that the LAN adapters with the 9700 chip are the ones that work. I have one coming from China but am still waiting for it to arrive.

dany79ing
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby dany79ing » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 am

Its a china model but i am going to seek the model

happily1986
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 am

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby happily1986 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

VegasGuy wrote:
dany79ing wrote:hello friends, I tell them my experience looking for a solution to the problem, unfortunately the wifi signal is very poor and falls constantly, I got a usb hub to connect the wireless mouse and a usb to RJ45 adapter hoping the UG802 the recognized, the surprise is that everything went well and I have permanent connection via LAN cable, I tested for more than 2 hours without problems.

Which LAN adapter did you buy? I have read that the LAN adapters with the 9700 chip are the ones that work. I have one coming from China but am still waiting for it to arrive.


Can you post a link of an example that has this "9700" chipset? Thanks

VegasGuy
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:43 am

Re: UG 802: connect to lan

Postby VegasGuy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:59 pm

happily1986 wrote:Can you post a link of an example that has this "9700" chipset? Thanks

Sorry for the loooong delay. I haven't been in this site for a long time. The LAN adapter I got off eBay did not work for more than a few seconds. I quit looking for a LAN adapter after I found if I moved my UG802 to the front of the TV and "aimed" the UG802's HDMI port directly at my router I got a solid four bars 100% of the time. My router is 20 feet away with only a sofa blocking the line-of-site.


Return to “UG802”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest