Fixing Google Play Store.
I spent a while searching, but I found others who had this problem. That led me to the instructions from Compu_Guy which is found in the link below.http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/syl ... post164159
Our TelephonyManager.smali files is a bit different so I’ve simply removed 2 steps and changed the number we’re looking to replace.
Keep in mind that this could send you on a boot loop, brick your device, cause you to worship the sun, eat earthworms and I won’t be held responsible.
First off you need to be rooted and your system mounted as R/W. Also if you’re on windows you will have to install JRE 1.6 and add that to path so you can run apktool.(there are instructions in the apktool wiki)
“Here are the steps that I followed.
1) Download apktool from here:http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/
I used the Windows version, so there are two files that you need to download. Load both of those into a directory.
2) Grab your framework.jar file from you tablet. This is located in /system/framework
3) Copy this file to the same folder that you put the apktool
4) Open a command prompt and run apktool with this command: apktool d framework.jar
5) This creates a folder called framework.jar.out that contains the smali files. Open this folder and go to smali/android/telephony
6) Open TelephonyManger.smali with a good text editor. On Windows, I use Notepad++.
7) Look for the string of 46002. I just replaced this with 310260. In my case, there are two instances of it. 8)When you are done, save the file.
9) What I then did was renamed the framework.jar file to framework-old.jar
10) Now from your command prompt run apktool b framework.jar.out
This will recompile a new jar file for you. The file will be placed in framework.jar.out/dist.
11) Now open this file with a good zip editor (IZarc, 7zip, etc). There will be a classes.dex file.
12) If you open your original one, you will see there is also a META-INF folder and preloaded-classes file. I copied these out of the original and into the new file.
13) Copy the new framework.jar file on your tablet and replace the existing one.(Make sure to check the permissions on the new framework.jar)
You may want to clear Play Store’s cache and data before you load it after doing this.
I’ve uploaded my modified framework.jar here
Firmware 7/13 http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/81293609/file.html
Firmware 9/03 http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/32689528/file.html
I have no idea if it will work in newer firmwares, so when in doubt do the steps above.
Btw the number 46002 is for China Mobile, the number 310260 is for T-Mobile US.