Google Play Store Fix for UG802

Google Play Store Fix for UG802

Postby deadhp1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Fixing Google Play Store.

I spent a while searching, but I found others who had this problem. That led me to the instructions from Compu_Guy which is found in the link below.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/syl ... post164159
Our TelephonyManager.smali files is a bit different so I’ve simply removed 2 steps and changed the number we’re looking to replace.
Keep in mind that this could send you on a boot loop, brick your device, cause you to worship the sun, eat earthworms and I won’t be held responsible.
First off you need to be rooted and your system mounted as R/W. Also if you’re on windows you will have to install JRE 1.6 and add that to path so you can run apktool.(there are instructions in the apktool wiki)

“Here are the steps that I followed.
1) Download apktool from here:
http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/
I used the Windows version, so there are two files that you need to download. Load both of those into a directory.
2) Grab your framework.jar file from you tablet. This is located in /system/framework
3) Copy this file to the same folder that you put the apktool
4) Open a command prompt and run apktool with this command: apktool d framework.jar
5) This creates a folder called framework.jar.out that contains the smali files. Open this folder and go to smali/android/telephony
6) Open TelephonyManger.smali with a good text editor. On Windows, I use Notepad++.
7) Look for the string of 46002. I just replaced this with 310260. In my case, there are two instances of it. 8)When you are done, save the file.
9) What I then did was renamed the framework.jar file to framework-old.jar
10) Now from your command prompt run apktool b framework.jar.out
This will recompile a new jar file for you. The file will be placed in framework.jar.out/dist.
11) Now open this file with a good zip editor (IZarc, 7zip, etc). There will be a classes.dex file.
12) If you open your original one, you will see there is also a META-INF folder and preloaded-classes file. I copied these out of the original and into the new file.
13) Copy the new framework.jar file on your tablet and replace the existing one.(Make sure to check the permissions on the new framework.jar)
14) Restart!”

You may want to clear Play Store’s cache and data before you load it after doing this.
I’ve uploaded my modified framework.jar here

Firmware 7/13 http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/81293609/file.html

Firmware 9/03 http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/32689528/file.html

I have no idea if it will work in newer firmwares, so when in doubt do the steps above.
Btw the number 46002 is for China Mobile, the number 310260 is for T-Mobile US.
deadhp1

Re: Google Play Store Fix for UG802

Postby rayjr13 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 pm

I planned on using the VZW code from the wikipedia list. not sure it will make a difference at this point there used to be more apps that were exclusive VZW. See any issues with doing that. What about making the VW mod to the Firmwares you've upped that have the Tmob code baked in?
rayjr13

Postby deadhp1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 pm

What's the vzw code you want to use?

It's easily changed using the same steps here.
If you want I'll do it for you.
deadhp1

Postby rayjr13 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:51 pm

MCC 310
MNC Carrier Note
012 Verizon Wireless No longer a GSM provider. Former entity Airtouch Cellular was planning on using GSM before the creation of Verizon. Verizon is also looking at the LTE technology for their 4G network, which is in the GSM family. May also be used in "International" phones with additional GSM equipment. The LTE network uses the 311-480 MNC-MCC below for the SIM cards while the network uses 310-012. (See 311 section).

so I gathered

rayjr13

Postby deadhp1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:28 am

which firmware do you need the vzw framework.jar for?
deadhp1

Postby rayjr13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Lol dunno still waiting on the thing to show up. Any suggestions?
rayjr13

Postby bravomail » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am

Try putting/replacing following into /system/build.prop:

ro.product.model=GT-N7000
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-N7000
ro.product.device=GT-N7000
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB
ro.board.platform=exynos4
ro.build.product=GT-N7000
ro.build.description=GT-N7000-user 4.0.4 IMM76D XXLRT release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-N7000/GT-N7000:4.0.4/IMM76D/XXLRT:user/release-keys
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-samsung
#Enable GPU Acceleration
debug.sf.hw=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
debug.performance.tuning=1
persist.sys.composition.type=gpu

Galaxy Note N7000 has Cortex A9 CPU with Mali GPU - just like UG802 RK3066. And its display resolution is 1280x720. So it's a good match.
bravomail

Postby usiek » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm

deadhp1 Your upload for firmware 7/13 works great!
many thanks!
usiek

Postby xr4man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 am

ok, i just broke my sh!t, lol.

i'm pretty sure i followed the directions to the letter with the exception of trying to use the vz code instead of the t-mobile code.

i now have the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"

will this require me to open it up and short out the two pads to get into the flash mode to reflash it or is there another option?

oh yeah, i had flashed the finless 1.4 rom and it was all working fine until i tried applying the google store fix.
xr4man

Postby deadhp1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

are you rooted and able to get into a terminal, or at least get into settings to turn on usb debugging and usb connect to pc?
deadhp1

Postby xr4man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

yes it's rooted, but it wouldn't let me do anything and i couldn't connect to a pc by just plugging it in. i just opened it up and shorted the pins and was able to connect with the rockchip batch tools v1.5

i erased it the nand and then told it to flash the rom again.

ok, that fixed my broken device.

now that i'm back to a starting point and i've got a working device again, where the hell did i go wrong with your instructions on fixing the google store?

oh, i forgot to check the permissions of the framework.jar file i copied back to the /system/framework folder. if the permissions are wrong, how do you change them? (funny thing is, we just went over changing permissions in linux here at work about a month ago.)
xr4man

Postby deadhp1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 pm

if you're using es file explorer(make sure to set the root options in settings)
Long click on the file, scroll to the bottom of the list, and choose "Properties".
You can then choose to change the permissions

I haven't used terminal to do it, but it's probably something along the lines of
su
chmod 0644 framework.jar
deadhp1

Postby xr4man » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 pm

hey thanks for the reply. i went and found the man page for chmod and just did it through there.

that was my problem, the permissions for the framework.jar file.

one more question.....

i made the system folder rwxrwxrwx, will it hurt anything to leave it that way or should i put it back to whatever permissions it was before?
xr4man

Postby deadhp1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:38 pm

I have no idea, I generally only mount the system folder as rw when I am changing something.
deadhp1

Postby Gangler » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Deadhp1, I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. You've definitely lead the way on this product.

I've been going through your steps, and come across some unforeseen issues on my end. I rooted, and that went beautifully! When I attempted this fix, I had a problem running the command to create the .jar.out files. I had the two files you suggested in the same folder(apktool and my .jar), but the command wouldn't work. I then ran apktool with it’s .jar extension on the command and it appeared to work. I then followed your steps and made the appropriate changes in the TelephonyManger.smali file. When I went to run the apktool again, it just wouldn’t work at all.

I then saw you had your own framework files here in this post. I copied them down, and had intended on just replacing mine with yours, but for whatever the hell reason, I can download from my UG802, but can’t upload to it. It gives me an error on available space. I’ve been trying to upload the files from my PC to the UG802 using Moborobo like you recommended for the rooting. Any and all help is more than welcome.

Thanks again.
Gangler

Postby deadhp1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm

I usually use es file explorer to copy and set the permissions for framework.jar.
(Make sure to set the root and system rw in the settings)
You can copy the framework.jar to the /sdcard/ directory. You should have plenty of space there.
If you're using moborobo and trying to write to the /system directory you may be running into a problem with it not being mounted as rw.
It could also be that the file is slightly larger than the space free in /system. In that case you could go to /system/media/ringtones/ and delete several ringtone files to make some free space.
If you're still having a problem I'd recommend flashing one of the pre rooted and fixed roms. As long as you stay with the same system and kernel version you can do it by putting update.img on an external sd card or in the /sdcard directory. Or you can manually flash it using rockchip batch tools.
deadhp1

Postby Gangler » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey, thanks a lot. I'll give it a shot when I get home. I really needed a break from it. Hopefully some fresh air and new ideas will help.

Thanks again.
Gangler

Postby Gangler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Okay, so I ended up just using the program that changes your location temporarily. Everything was going fine. I turned on my device tonight and I can't access facebook, it says "Can't find secure connection". Can't access Play Store, it says "No Connection, Retry" and I can't access Youtube, it says "there was a problem with the network. Retry?". I can go in through Chrome and access the internet, so it's not a wifi problem. I tried through chrome to get to the Play Store and it gave me a weird certificate error. Any ideas on what could be the cause?
Gangler

Postby gamesfrager » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 am

Maybe check the time and date on the device are correct, on my HP Touchpad I had a problem accessing gmail, and it turned out my date was way off!
I hope this helps.
gamesfrager

Postby Gangler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:33 am

So apparently it had to do with Gmail....not sure why. I disabled it so I'd have more room on the homepage for apps I would actually use. So don't disable Gmail.
Gangler

Next

Return to UG802