Time and date

Time and date

Postby Perepandel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 am

I've found that every time I disconnect the device from the charger, time and date settings are lost and back to their defaults (1 am, some day of year 2000, etc.). This is pretty annoying because very important tasks like web surfing, Google store, etc., stop working properly without correct time and date settings.

There's an option to update those settings automatically through the net, but it doesn't always work as you need always an available internet connection.

My question is: does anybody has encountered this problem and has been able to solve it in a proper way? I opened the case because I'm about to apply the antena mod and also noticed that there is not a battery, so probably those settings are really impossible to keep? As it has some internal storage and other settings are kept, shouldn't be a method to at least keep the last used time & date there so at least the gap wouldn't be of a decade the next time you boot the device, until it detects an internet connection and updates it to the actual time?

Re: Time and date

Postby xr4man » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:15 pm

i'm pretty sure there is no real time clock on these boards and the only way to even set the time is for it to connect and get the info from a time server.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Return to “UG802”