Never buy cheap quality again!

gamesfrager

Never buy cheap quality again!

Postby gamesfrager » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 am

Hi everyone,

this is going to be a rant, so if you don't care, then don't read.
I have yet to receive my device, it has been over 28 days now !!!
Tracking the shipment is garbage, the china post or whatever chinese site is broken 99.99% of the times I tried to use it with the tracking number I got.
I managed to find another chinese tracking site called sao.cn but again it's the same crap.

From all my reading and I have been following this device since it came on the market and purchased it, it seems to be a crap quality.
I guess you get what you pay for.

People opening up their units and finding the WiFi antenna disconnected !!!
I only bought it because it was the only android device I can find with dual core. I will happily pay $100 for a dual core but with quality components.
Of course everything these days is Made In China(TM) but at least some manufacturers enforce some quality control over their products.

I wish the HP Touchpad had HDMI output, man that would have been awesome.

I will be waiting few more days before contacting gadgestgreat and see if I can cancel my purchase since I haven't received it yet!
I know there was a holiday in china and that could have delayed my device.

Sinan
Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope my device (if I end up getting it) would be functional.

eCCoMaNia

Re: Never buy cheap quality again!

Postby eCCoMaNia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:52 am

hello,
Can you share your tracking number ? is it china post ? if its china post you can use the http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTraceAction.do "" I use that site everytime and it works ok. If you share your tracking number, I can check it for you.
also you can track it from http://www1.ptt.gov.tr/en/interaktif/ka ... sta-yd.php but it takes more time to see if its in the post ...
so I suggest you to use intmail.183.com

krizz07

Postby krizz07 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 am

Check the tracking number from your local post office's website, it should be there by now if they shipped it weeks ago. Sometimes it gets stuck in customs. You just have to be a bit patient with these packages from china and always expect loooong shipping times so you'll be less dissapointed.

Hope you get better luck with your wifi than most of users here.

gard

Postby gard » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:45 am

Hi,

I had the same shipping issues; I ordered from gadgetgreats on 9/12, got shipping confirmation email on 9/17 that it was sent via chinapost/usps, and then for the next 3 1/2 weeks, the usps.com site only reported the package is being processed by the originating post office. On 10/7, the status changed to processed at some NJ postal facility and it was delivered on 10/9. So, hang in there.

Thanks,
gard

jlcd

Postby jlcd » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:23 am

I ordered an UG802 from gadgetgreats on 09/06, and I''m still waiting for it...

15/09/2012 Accepted
17/09/2012 Dispatch from the point of origin international office

Gangler

Postby Gangler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 am

Your biggest mistake was ordering from Gadget Greats. After I placed my order with them, I did some Googling and found out that they constantly scam people. Luckily I paid through Paypal. I put in a dispute request, and within a week and a half, Paypal gave me my money back. I then ordered from In4Dealz. They were much better. I got my UG802 after 3 weeks. I'd recommend using Google before buying from any company online next time. I learned my lesson.

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 am

It seems gadgetgreats is a bit of hit or miss.
I've ordered from them 3 times and received my orders all three times.
Shipping took them forever though. The last order was for a ug802 and it took almost 4 weeks to arrive.

bach0405

Postby bach0405 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:50 am

Well I must be the only lucky guy with gadgetgreats
I received my ibex ug802+ within 10 days to France and received 4 devices instead of 2. I returned two of them back.
The only issue I had was a broken micro usb connector and hopefully they "anticipated" the replacement.

:P

gamesfrager

Postby gamesfrager » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey guys/gals,

thank you all for the information and help. I did use intmail.183.com as it was mentioned in the shipping notification email.
However, that site is almost all time broken.

I did try the canadapost website and UPS but they don't give any results. Probably because their tracking numbers are different??!
I did buy using Paypal but it was an instant transaction not under a Paypal account. I did later create an account under the same email used but didn't see that one in the history.

I hope I still get it and money is not lost. I always prefer buying from a retail shop and see the item in my hand before shelling out the money, but in this case it was not possible.
I also looked into in4dealz and funny thing that on some forums they were saying in4dealz was a scam! how about that!! :)

I hope mine comes in and work, I'm looking into installing those modified ROMS.
Once these devices become popular I will probably buy a good unit that has a bigger company name behind it.
There are a couple Android media players in the market but they are a single core and not a full android experience. Usually they slap on their own ROM with limited functionality.
What I want is like everyone else on this site, a full Android experience in a small package.

Thanks again guys/gals :)

Will let you know if I end up getting it.

Sinan

eCCoMaNia

Postby eCCoMaNia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 pm

gamesfrager wrote:Hey guys/gals,

thank you all for the information and help. I did use intmail.183.com as it was mentioned in the shipping notification email.
However, that site is almost all time broken.

I did try the canadapost website and UPS but they don't give any results. Probably because their tracking numbers are different??!
I did buy using Paypal but it was an instant transaction not under a Paypal account. I did later create an account under the same email used but didn't see that one in the history.

I hope I still get it and money is not lost. I always prefer buying from a retail shop and see the item in my hand before shelling out the money, but in this case it was not possible.
I also looked into in4dealz and funny thing that on some forums they were saying in4dealz was a scam! how about that!! :)

I hope mine comes in and work, I'm looking into installing those modified ROMS.
Once these devices become popular I will probably buy a good unit that has a bigger company name behind it.
There are a couple Android media players in the market but they are a single core and not a full android experience. Usually they slap on their own ROM with limited functionality.
What I want is like everyone else on this site, a full Android experience in a small package.

Thanks again guys/gals :)

Will let you know if I end up getting it.

Sinan

I think you are wrong about intmail.183 website, I've used it more than 50 times and it has problem sometimes but you can get the information if you try a bit... if you share your tracking number I'll look for it...
or try 17track.net

gamesfrager

Postby gamesfrager » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks for all the suggestions and info for tracking the shipment.
My tracking number is RA411202870CN, all tracking sites say the same thing "export total package interoperability seal opened in Guangzhou International" ! and this status is since Sep 20
no further entries after that date.

At the moment, I can't do anything but wait.

Sinan

eCCoMaNia

Postby eCCoMaNia » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:14 am

gamesfrager wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions and info for tracking the shipment.
My tracking number is RA411202870CN, all tracking sites say the same thing "export total package interoperability seal opened in Guangzhou International" ! and this status is since Sep 20
no further entries after that date.

At the moment, I can't do anything but wait.

Sinan

yep, you have to wait about a week more I think, because last week chinese guys didn't work at all, they had a holiday whole week..
I hope you will get your box soon...

jerrylee

Postby jerrylee » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 am

Sorry to say that but I think with China Post system all you can do is wait. What I heard is they are extremely slow most of time.
I was about to ship a my UG802 from Guangzhou to Taiwan free weeks ago. then I did a quick google and find out a lot of complains about it. it took months for people to ship a stuff from China to Taiwan, some people wait for over weeks, and their package is still remain in the ShenZhen...etc.
(few people did get their package fast sometimes.) so I went for another delivery service and it took me 2 days to get it.

Just FYI and hope you can get your UG802 soon. (I did a track on their Chinese website with your number, I got server error @@)

rayjr13

Postby rayjr13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Almost exact same scenario mine took 24+ days then showed up new Jersey arrived 1 day later to PA. should have gotten the airmail for your time. But gadget greats didn't make the box so putting the quality on them is flawed. Just got to find something else to focus on beside your mail box. Oh and 17track is my suggestion for tracking. HAD mine for less than a week now. Worst part was watching the price drop with air mail below what I paid for free shipping.

Hang in there!

gamesfrager

Postby gamesfrager » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks everyone,
here is an update:

2012/10/16 15:41 VANCOUVER, International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

WooHoo, will see how this turns out.

Sinan

gamesfrager

Postby gamesfrager » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:05 am

Received it this morning and im posting from it.

Findings so far:
- stock rom had wifi very good. My unit has a long chip entenna instead of a paper thin one status bar icon has almost full bars, my tv is a couple of meters away. Rom #3 had a bit of wifi on/off switching then it connectrd, however the status bar icon remains gray with no blue bars even though my connection is good
- stock rom has volume up and down buttons on status bar which is nice, deadhp1 rom #3 didnt
- both roms had the audio cut out every 2-3 seconds on everything, games, any application and videos @ 1920x1080p, no problem with lower resolution

Will keep testing

Sinan

Return to “UG802”