FRAME SKIPPING VIDEOS!!

grindy

FRAME SKIPPING VIDEOS!!

Postby grindy » Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

How terrible this is...i just got my mk908 a couple of days ago. i hate it. it should be the greatest thing ever. but its not. video is jerky and doesnt look good at all. and i've tried numerous video apps. some work a little better than others but overall, suck. I develop ROMS for the HK OdroidX2 and U2 at my day job. all day. i know roms. and this one sucks. rom isn't soooo bad. everything works pretty well. bluetooth range is ballz. but does work and reconnect to devices properly. but video streamed from samba sources or on local SD card looks like shite. it should also be scoring higher in antutu than it is. IO benchmark looks terrible as well, scoring around a 720 today. overall bench was just over 14000. should be around 17000-18000. but i noticed there is an older kernel that deadhp put up. i saw a review of the MK908 that used this kernel from the factory stock along with stock rom and video looked great. so i may give that kernel a try, dated 4-19. any other users got anything to report on?

grindy

Re: FRAME SKIPPING VIDEOS!!

Postby grindy » Wed May 08, 2013 10:56 pm

saw that over at freaktab last night. installed and running pretty good. bluetooth range still sucks. wifi only connects at 65mbps instead of 150mbps so my 1080P samba streaming is stuttery and needs to buffer some. might change out wifi ko file and use usb wifi dongle. had to do it on my mk808 due to this same issue. otherwise runs pretty great. no built in rotation lock so ya gotta remember to do it after every reboot with rotation locker app. needs a 1080p kernel also. i like having my interface in 1080p with the smaller icons. otherwise running pretty great!

alwaysbless

Postby alwaysbless » Thu May 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Ive been trying to replace the rkwifi.ko on mine also with drivers that I used on my mk808 as well, but so far have been unsuccessfull, if you look in the modules folder there are actually multiple ko files for realteak but none of them seem to let me external adapter be used.

JugsteR

Re: Sv: FRAME SKIPPING VIDEOS!!

Postby JugsteR » Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 am

grindy wrote:saw that over at freaktab last night. installed and running pretty good. bluetooth range still sucks. wifi only connects at 65mbps instead of 150mbps so my 1080P samba streaming is stuttery and needs to buffer some. might change out wifi ko file and use usb wifi dongle. had to do it on my mk808 due to this same issue. otherwise runs pretty great. no built in rotation lock so ya gotta remember to do it after every reboot with rotation locker app. needs a 1080p kernel also. i like having my interface in 1080p with the smaller icons. otherwise running pretty great!

You do know that you can change icon size irrespective of resolution right?

Signature? Signature!

grindy

Postby grindy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm

The frameskipping is not going away! I have tried many different things, a couple of different ROMS. Do i have to return this to geekbuying? i thought a quad core was going to be so great...but this sucks..why is it always like starting over again with these chinese factories. If i didn't port my improvements from one ROM to the next, i would lose my job.

Return to “Tronsmart MK908”