G-Box Midnight thread?

Forum for Amlogic 8726 based devices
jnm21

G-Box Midnight thread?

Postby jnm21 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:33 pm

I know it is similar to the Dyno, but I wonder if we should have a thread for this? I bought one off eBay today!

There seems to be a lot of interest in this box online - some sources:

jnm21

Re: G-Box Midnight thread?

Postby jnm21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

No interest? If anyone finds this (perhaps looking to buy one) - it seems like a great device. I haven't had the chance to play with it too much, but it seems quick in most circumstances. WIFI is weak - works great with mobile (hotspot) beside it, doesn't pick up my home WIFI from a different room too well. XBMC looks fine (no visable stretch with it on 720p as it arrived) - the bar is there, but it has an app to hide it pre-installed (could have been the seller rather than the factory).

Dell

Postby Dell » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 am

Hi all i have the GBox midnight v2.1 in UK i is very good but still getting beter there is a new firmware update 4 days ago and it auto hides the bottom bar when you go into XBMC, Sometimes a bit jittery but it is getting better TV Launcher from playstore is an asset (made for TV box)also allready root , I have ordered a wifi N dongle to see if this smooths things out a bit more the funny thing is the wifi is faster than the ethernet.

jnm21

Postby jnm21 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:09 am

Good to meet a fellow owner - I need to work out which version I have - no sticker makes me fear the worst!

NYCBest

Postby NYCBest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:29 pm

I also have one of these. I've only had it a month or so, and it worked well over ethernet, but not great. I've had lots of crashes from XBMC, and slowness. I've moved to a new apartment where I can't use ethernet, and it's become a paperweight due to wifi being so horrible. I'm also considering just buying a wifi dongle to see if that helps.

Dell

Postby Dell » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:39 am

Hi all i have found that the Videomix app from play store is a lot better at the moment than XBMC i use it with MX player but it will work with most players give it a try by the by i purchased the wifi dongle makes a lot of different's to me.
Dell

Dell

Postby Dell » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 am

One of the brilliant people that's got one of these boxes (GBox) has been rejigging firmware and XBMC has just put the download link on site it is brilliant i have not had any issues as yet the only thing it boots to XBMC only http://androidtvbox.us/topic/xbmc-bareb ... ltra-fast/
Give it a try Dell :lol: :lol:

Sophie2005

Postby Sophie2005 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 am

Return to “Amlogic 8726”