Measy U2A or the tomato stick?

Forum for RockChip RK3066 based devices
alxtronics

Measy U2A or the tomato stick?

Postby alxtronics » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello guys

This is my first post here. My name is Alex and have a question that I hope you can answer.

I need to decide on which model to buy. The Measy U2A or the CX-803. The one you all reviewed here. The one with the little green antenna.

Which one will be better?

I was glad to see you have a subforum for the Measy U2A, but was dissapointed to see that no one has posted yet.

This are for an humanitarian project where we are installing them in very poor rural schools to give the children a glimpse of
technology and to help them to learn about the internet. That's why we cannot afford to buy a lot if the chosen model have quirks
or bugs. We are on a limited budget and geekbuy is selling either of them in bulk at a great price.

I thank you in advance for your information.

Hope you can help.

Alex

alxtronics

Re: Measy U2A or the tomato stick?

Postby alxtronics » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Wow! 40 reads and no one comment?

Really guys?

Back to tabletrepublic then.

JugsteR

Re: Sv: Measy U2A or the tomato stick?

Postby JugsteR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm

alxtronics wrote:Wow! 40 reads and no one comment?

Really guys?

Back to tabletrepublic then.

Yes, really!

These devices have quirks, that is just a fact of life.
However there is now a review available of the Measy device, but since you have already turned your back on this forum apparently there is not much point posting a link. Maybe you should try an alternate strategy. My tip would be drop the attitude.

Cheers!

Signature? Signature!

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

I don't have either device, but I know that the Measy sticks are generally decent quality.
I have the Measy U2C(upgraded model of U2A with webcam, mic, and bluetooth) it works very well.

The CX-803 looks to be a decent device also. It has the rtl8189 wifi that should be capable of up to 150mbps.
It's also got an external antenna that may help with reception.

Your best bet is to order one of each and compare them to decide which fits your situation better.
That way you'll be able to test what works best with your current wifi setup.

They both have the rk3066 soc.
The both have 1 gb of ram and 4gb of nand storage.
So basically the main differences seem to be wifi and firmware based.

If your looking to introduce children to technology the Measy U2C may be a better choice than the U2A or the CX-803.
Having that webcam may allow them to enjoy it a bit more. Not to mention the voice search from the built in microphone.

If you're really on a budget you may want to consider going with the original android tv stick. The MK802+. It's a single core allwinner a10, but it does have a decent amount of dev work done for it and can be had for $10 cheaper than the dual core rk3066 sticks.
It also includes an ac adapter which neither of the rk3066 sticks above include.

cataclan

Postby cataclan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 am

hi,

I have measy u2a, i am really surprise becouse the it has only 1gb of nand flash, the same that the rom memory. it's specifications suposed to be 4gb and 1gb of memory.

The navegation has been so slowly until i inserted a micro sd. and even the connection to the router is 54mb/s the load of web pages is still slow. I am beggining to think that is a fake.

The packet is exactly to the original and de form and size the same.

Please i need help about this. I bought the measy u2a in the web page http://www.geekbuying.com

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Return to “Rockchip RK3066”