Solutions for this device (unknown model)

Forum for RockChip RK3066 based devices
Lusofresh

Solutions for this device (unknown model)

Postby Lusofresh » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi, i'm new in this forum...

I recently bought an android stick from ebay, but i have noticed that i cant find a way to root it

Operating System Android 4.1.1
    Model T002
    Product Type TV BOX
    CPU RK3066
    Main Frenquency Dual core up to 1.6GHz, dual core cotex A9, quad-core GPU
    RAM DDR3 1GB
    Internal Memory Nand Flash 4GB
    Memory External Support External Storage via. Micro-SD card, Support up to 32GB
    Networking WiFi 802.11b/g/n 10/100Mbps With internal Antenna
    Graphics Type Integrated Graphics Mali400, Supports 1080P video (1920*1080)
    Input/Output Connectors
    Ports 1 x USB 2.0 Host
    1 X HDMI1.3 Output
    1 x Micro-SD Card Slot
    1 x Micro USB Port
    Power 90-230V,50/60Hz input, max. power: 30W, Output: 5V/2A
    Device Specification
    Dimensions 90*40*13mm
    Net Weight About 40g
    Package weight 200g
    Color White
    Software Performance
    Android Market Support Android Market Google Play 
    Flash Player Support Adobe Flash 11  
    Gaming Built-in 3D Accelerator. Support 3D gaming
    Email Gmail, POP3/SMTP/IMAP4. Emailing is easier than ever before when there is network connection
    Multi-Media
    Video Watch online video by connect to internet. local video playing: Video Decoding:Mpeg1/2/4.H.264,VC-1,Divx,Xvid,RM8/9/10,VP6,Video Formats: MKV,TS,TP,M2TS,RM/RMVB,BD-ISO,AVI,MPG,VOB,DAT,ASF,TRP,FLV etc full formats
    Audio Audio Decoding:DTS,AC3,LPCM,FLAC,HE-AAC Audio Formats: MP3,OGG,WMA,WMAPRO
    Image Support JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
    E-Book Support PDF, TXT etc.
    What's in the box 1 x T002 TV BOX
    1 x USB Cable
    1 x User's Manual

can someone give me an idea about what model this is?

Thank you

edit: i have tried allot of ways to root this but the problem seems to be with the usb drivers, win 8 recognizes the device as rk30sdk but moborobo wont install the drivers, gets to 99% and stays there, i also downloaded some usb rockchip drivers also didn't work... Does anyone have the same problem??

lewy20041

Re: Solutions for this device (unknown model)

Postby lewy20041 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

it looks like mk809:"
Everything is possible if we work together!

MrFX

Postby MrFX » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 am

Hi,

yes, if there is a line inside on the pcb "HTC-T002-V0", it's MK809, better known as UG802.

Best regards,
MrFX

Lusofresh

Postby Lusofresh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the replys!

At this moment i dont have it with me but i will open it and take some photos, i bought this model because it was very cheap and there were allot of these on ebay, because of that, i thought that it was easy to root... i also sent an email to the supplier and he told me that he didnt know how to root it... what a fail... i'm sure many other people have bought this one...

Boeboe

Postby Boeboe » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

edit: i have tried allot of ways to root this but the problem seems to be with the usb drivers, win 8 recognizes the device as rk30sdk but moborobo wont install the drivers, gets to 99% and stays there, i also downloaded some usb rockchip drivers also didn't work... Does anyone have the same problem??

Did you already tried the Google USB drivers that are shipped with the Android SDK? They are located in android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf, once you have installed them using the SDK manager. By default, the drivers file will not contain the correct VID/PID values for your device, so you'll need to add them manually in order for Windows to recognize them as being the correct USB driver:

Code: Select all

[Google.NTx86]

;TomTec A777
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&MI_01

The correct VID/PID values (18D1/DEED in the example above) can be found in the drivers specific Windows sections (hardware manager). In case you're using a x64 version of Windows, you'll need to do something similar in the [Google.NTamd64] section of the same file.

BR,
Bart

draven1

Postby draven1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:28 pm

I have a T002 and the finless for the ug802 works perfect on this device. tried mk809 firmware and wireless does not, work but everything else did. also had to upgrade the power supply to 5v 2.5a because it kept killing my old power supply (old one 5v 2A)
I used an app to identify this and it came up as a ug007 but the ug007 firmware also does not recognize my WiFi card. the WIFI seems to be a realtek with an external antenna and it works real good.
The Board is marked T002 V2
I hope this helps

superslor

Postby superslor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 am

I have found this tool to be helpful in rooting a plethora of 4.1.x devices (useful for strange devices that other rooted firmwares don´t work well with.) basically install the moborobo package and let it set up your devie after connecting it. next run the batch file in the tpsarky-vondroid-root folder and follow instructions. Don¨t get click happy. wait for the unit to actually reboot each time before pushing enter. good luck. and of course you assume all risk when using this tool. I have never had it brick a device, even the ones it doesn´t work on.

http://www.hoaby.com/android/ak802.rar

Return to “Rockchip RK3066”