ehomemediacenter file list?

Apps and Software Mods for the UG802.
VegasGuy

ehomemediacenter file list?

Postby VegasGuy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:43 am

I set up ehomemediacenter to access video files kept in Libraries>Videos on my Win7 PC. This was just for testing purposes. Once I verified everything was working I removed the files completely from the PC. But now the file names still appear in ehomemediacenter under Media Player>[PC Name]>Videos>All Videos. However, none of the file names appear in any of the Videos folder subfolders. They only appear in the All Videos folder so something is out of sync.

Everything I have tried has not resulted in clearing these file names. Refreshing the file list in ehomemediacenter does nothing. Clearing the ehomemediacenter data in apps management does nothing. Disabling sharing in the PC does nothing. I found a URL that describes removing a file list db file in the Microsoft eHome folder and that didn't work either. I've used a file manager to hunt for a ehomemediacenter file list on the UG802 and have found nothing.

Any idea how to clear out these file names?

bravomail

Re: ehomemediacenter file list?

Postby bravomail » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 am

You seem to be very knowledgeable, VegasGuy!
Try looking for some cache/thumbnails on sdcard.

VegasGuy

Postby VegasGuy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:19 am

bravomail wrote:You seem to be very knowledgeable, VegasGuy!
Try looking for some cache/thumbnails on sdcard.

Thanks for the compliment, but in the case of the Android OS I'm a newbie. All of my experience has been in the DOS/Windows PC environment. I have hunted around for files with a file manager that may contain this information, but to date have not found anything. Under normal circumstances I would not care if a file name appeared but would not play because it's a dead link. But I grabbed a few of the smallest files I had on hand for testing and let's just say, the file names are not family friendly. :lol:

serwei

Postby serwei » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 am

My experience of ehomecentre is not so good. Does it take very long to scan for media?
It seems to time out after a while, giving me about 150 files listed.
I just added the whole hard drive under Media Server. Should I add each folder instead?

VegasGuy

Postby VegasGuy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:05 pm

serwei wrote:My experience of ehomecentre is not so good. Does it take very long to scan for media?
It seems to time out after a while, giving me about 150 files listed.
I just added the whole hard drive under Media Server. Should I add each folder instead?

Maybe someone else knows, but in my case I only tested a few files to see how well it worked.

Return to “Apps and Software Mods”