FPS Games

Apps and Software Mods for the UG802.
VegasGuy

FPS Games

Postby VegasGuy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 pm

I know this is forum is geared toward the technical aspect of the UG802, but has anyone found a FPS game like Doom that will install on the stock UG802 through Play Store? It will not even install something as benign as one of my wife's favorites, Stupid Zombies. I always like to try out Doom on any new gizmo I get my hands on. I played Doom "to death" when it first came out 20 years ago. It still has a special place in my heart . . . and trigger finger. :twisted:

deadhp1

Re: FPS Games

Postby deadhp1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Do you have a link to a free version of doom on the market?
I just installed Stupid Zombies on my ug802. Maybe you need to use the Play Store Fix, or download one of the pre-fixed roms.

Anyhow stupid zombies installed, but I couldn't click on play. I'm guessing that mouse input doesn't work on it.

VegasGuy

Postby VegasGuy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Sorry, no link to a free version. I can find paid versions on Play Store on my PC but they will not install to my UG802. They do not even show up in the UG802 Play Store.

My UG802 is stock without the Play Store fix. When I access Play Store from the apps section on the UG802 and find a free game such as Duke Nukem 3D or Stupid Zombies it says the app is not available in my country. The point I rather poorly made in my original post is it appears most apps where the player makes use of a gun to shoot bad guys are locked out of Play Store because Play Store thinks I am in China. It won't even let me shoot bad guys that are already dead. :lol:

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 pm

lol You should install either the Play Store fix or one of the roms that already have the fix applied.
I had the not available in your country problem before, now it's a thing of the past for me.

I saw doom on the Play Store I just don't often buy apps. I mostly stick to the free ones and only buy if I really want something bad.

VegasGuy

Postby VegasGuy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 am

deadhp1 wrote:lol You should install either the Play Store fix or one of the roms that already have the fix applied.

I intend to eventually root it and apply one of the roms when I have a bit more confidence I will not brick my UG802. I tend to take people at their word when they say, use at your own risk.

grindy

Postby grindy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:34 am

i believe there is somewhere you can make a change to make mouse input emulate touchscreen input instead, thus fixing the issues with games not taking mouse input. i have to google it but i remember reading that somewhere once.

n3wb13

Postby n3wb13 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:43 am

grindy wrote:i believe there is somewhere you can make a change to make mouse input emulate touchscreen input instead, thus fixing the issues with games not taking mouse input. i have to google it but i remember reading that somewhere once.

I'm having this issue too, there are applications that seem to remap physical keys to a virtual gamepad on the screen GameKeyboard & GamePad - Android Apps on Google Play

grindy

Postby grindy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:47 pm

I think it had to do with the hardware.faketouch file or something like that. trying to find the posts about this before....

grindy

Postby grindy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oard&hl=en

here is a paid app that lets you remap the touchscreen to a real gamepad and controls and vice versa!

also, so far:

Dead Trigger : Works! w/ logitech dual action gamepad and gamepadIME setup and configured as default keyboard.
Critical Strike Portable: Works! w/ logitech dual action gamepad and gamepadIME setup and configured as default keyboard. MUST map all actions to controller buttons first during in game setup.

seankps

Postby seankps » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 am

grindy wrote:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.gamekeyboard&hl=en

here is a paid app that lets you remap the touchscreen to a real gamepad and controls and vice versa!

also, so far:

Dead Trigger : Works! w/ logitech dual action gamepad and gamepadIME setup and configured as default keyboard.
Critical Strike Portable: Works! w/ logitech dual action gamepad and gamepadIME setup and configured as default keyboard. MUST map all actions to controller buttons first during in game setup.

it says its incompatible with the ug802. does that matter?

deadhp1

Postby deadhp1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 am

seankps wrote:
grindy wrote:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.gamekeyboard&hl=en

also, so far:

it says its incompatible with the ug802. does that matter?

You may need to do the play store fix in order to install it.

bach0405

Postby bach0405 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm

try droidmote server. It emulates a gamepad, a mouse (ideal for zooming with 2 fingers), a music remote, ... through wifi using another android device.
Your device needs to be rooted

Return to “Apps and Software Mods”