Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Crackle

deadhp1

Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Crackle

Postby deadhp1 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:32 pm

You might find that your device is not supported by Hulu Plus.
I've found that this older version works.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1603018
Hulu.Plus-v1.0-Hacked.apk

The Play Store version of Netflix works on 4.1.1, but for 4.2.2 users you would be better off sideloading an older version.
I use this version:
Netflix-Black.v1.8.1.apk

I noticed I wasn't able to install crackle, so I sideloaded an older version I had:
com.gotv.crackle.handset-1.apk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ziphoward

Re: Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Crackle

Postby ziphoward » Wed May 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks, I was able to get netflix to work correctly with that version. Although im having problems streaming video from it. My router is about 6 feet away. Im kind of pissed netflix doesnt even work. That is a big reason I bought this, im thinking of sending it back.

Caitlin

Postby Caitlin » Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 am

I am using the 4.1.1 kernel with play store downloaded netflix.

I normally use the USB/ethernet adapter, but I just confirmed with House of Cards that it works fine over my WiFI (which is actually a full room away).

The benefits of 4.2.2 over 4.1.1 for a TVbox android are very slight. But I do think Tronsmart dropped the ball by releasing the 4.2.2 kernel without
testing netflix. After all, it is probably the single largest use of tvbox android sticks.

ziphoward

Postby ziphoward » Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 am

Well, I used a USB ethernet that came with the unit to test netflix not using wifi and im still having the same troubles. I did a speed test with USB ethernet and I was getting 21 down and 5 up, so it should have no problem streaming video. I just tried streaming youtube in HD and it worked fine(oddly only when I used the official youtube app). I know these things take some tinkering, so ill probably hold off from sending it back. Im sure some type of fix will come up(atleast I hope). This is my first TV box. Ive heard some stuff about Finless.... will that work/eventually work for T428?

Caitlin

Postby Caitlin » Fri May 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Which kernel are you testing with? The 4.2 kernel that it shipped with? Or have you shifted to the 4.1.1 kernel that you can find referenced under Firmware on this board?

billyelliott

Postby billyelliott » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:24 am

In what manner would I be able to stream full Blu-beam splits from a little Nas/media server, to my Tv? ideally without needing to purchase a set-top box, however genuinely as of right now, whatever lives up to expectations.

It should underpin Flac (or Pcm, its changed over cousin) and full bitrate blu-flashes.
watching hulu in US

Return to “Apps and Software Mods”